Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 08:18 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,536,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
San Francisco has the worst homeless problem in North America, hands down.
Well I should be headed there in less then two weeks. I've only visited once for a day trip. I'll get back to you witn my findings.

But still, Atlanta panhandlers have to be some of the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 10:01 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,515,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if you were like that other guy boosting Atlanta that was called out on the fact that HE HAS NEVER LIVED IN ATLANTA.

As for myself, I lived in Atlanta for 7 years and within a 75 minute drive for 20. If someone who forms a reasonable opinion based on that much time in and around a city can be considered a hater then...this hater gonna hate.
As for yourself, trolling in a city thread and a discussion for a city that YOU don't live in. If you so worried about what we're doing why did you leave? Aren't there better places than Atlanta? Ok then, go fixate on them.

Bye, hater!

Old 06-01-2014, 10:11 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,917,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isawooty View Post
As for yourself, trolling in a city thread and a discussion for a city that YOU don't live in. If you so worried about what we're doing why did you leave? Aren't there better places than Atlanta? Ok then, go fixate on them.

Bye, hater!
You better read him his rights lol

Old 06-01-2014, 10:24 AM

32,033 posts, read 36,845,848 times
I wouldn't underestimate the power of Stone mountain as a drawing card. Whenever we have first time visitors that's one of the major things on their list.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I worded it in a bad way. I meant, Miami is in a good location because of the beach. D.C. and NYC are good locations due to distance from other great American metropolises.

I'd say L.A. does. Skid Row anyone? SF isn't far behind though and SF is worse than Atlanta when it comes to homeless.

SF offer natural scenery and incredible views that you won't find in the flat plains of Illinois or the concrete jungle of NYC. It's also again, not flat unlike the other two cities for the most part which makes the city more interesting(We all know how you guys love to rave about the hills in the ATL).

Don't start acting like SF is just some generic dense American city. It's easily top 5 for most unique probably after New Orleans in this country and easily the most scenic in the nation with Seattle off a distant 2nd. To say there's another city that looks like SF in the country is just really, really silly.

How does Atlanta stand out again? Trees? Go to Charlotte and they have plenty of trees. Hills? Plenty of cities have hills. Anyone who tries to diss SF for uniqueness, then boost Atlanta for it is insane.

So is that all you could come up with is scenery lol... My point exactly. There isnt anything i can do in SF that i cant do in Chicago NYC etc. There all places that are shoved together in tight spaces. The slums of SF are much worse than anything you will find in Atlanta.

Im not a booster I do like everyone else who likes Atlanta. Too bad you dont. Too bad you spend most of your time on here griping complaining and worshiping the Dense cities of America.

Anyone who is so fixated on dense american cities as yourself should take there arse over to those cities forums and put this same energy over there as you do here boosting and promoting them.

Last edited by Staysean23; 06-01-2014 at 11:26 AM..

Old 06-01-2014, 11:08 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,151,082 times
SF only has 3 or 4 bad neighborhoods and they're pretty isolated from the main core. Atlanta's bad areas are essentially the whole west and south sides. Atlanta crime and murder rate is 3x-5x that of SF's. Never criticize on crime rate when Atlanta's crime rate is very poor.

And again, you don't have that overwhelming ghetto culture you find in Atlanta and they actually have a diverse group of people taking the trains there. Here, it's vastly low income taking the trains and buses which is why no one takes MARTA in the first place. No one wants to deal with the ghettoness and ratchetness. I mean, look at the brawl that happened with the transvestites. People don't want to deal with that.

It's sad when half of the downtown area is essentially just another hood you find in one of the cities west or south sides. A cities' downtown is supposed to be the thing they should be happy and proud to show off. For Atlanta, however, wow, just wow. Don't go south of that magical street known as Marietta Str. You'd think you were in Vine City.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
SF only has 3 or 4 bad neighborhoods and they're pretty isolated from the main core. Atlanta's bad areas are essentially the whole west and south sides. Atlanta crime and murder rate is 3x-5x that of SF's. Never criticize on crime rate when Atlanta's crime rate is very poor.

And again, you don't have that overwhelming ghetto culture you find in Atlanta and they actually have a diverse group of people taking the trains there. Here, it's vastly low income taking the trains and buses which is why no one takes MARTA in the first place. No one wants to deal with the ghettoness and ratchetness. I mean, look at the brawl that happened with the transvestites. People don't want to deal with that.

It's sad when half of the downtown area is essentially just another hood you find in one of the cities west or south sides. A cities' downtown is supposed to be the thing they should be happy and proud to show off. For Atlanta, however, wow, just wow. Don't go south of that magical street known as Marietta Str. You'd think you were in Vine City.

Oh please those sleezy trash filled streets of SF where people take pride and have parades where men are having sex in the public . Yes folsom street fair. Not only that. It happens even on regular days. I wouldnt dare ride the train in SF ever again. Its filthy filthy filthy where the homeless are in a abundance like NY trains. There pissing sleeping and begging for money at a ultimate high . This happens alot more there than Atlanta.

San Francisco is the biggest Oxymoron because the type of people who want to live there ( like yourself) don't have the money to live there.; so it just becomes a cesspool of miserable people who think they should love living there and keep telling themselves it's a wonderful place, but in reality they aren't really experiencing that.

The crappy weather, the pushy, in-your-face homeless, the supposedly "tolerant" elitists who are only tolerant of people just like them, the appalling lack of manners among the majority of the population, the filthiness, the dreary architecture and glum landscape… just ugh—why would any sane person want to live in this urine-scented homeless wasteland

First time i was there after one night I didnt even want to go out because getting kicked out of a bar/club at 2AM, which usually is the peak of the night, is just depressing. Pair that with public transit being non-existent past midnight which is crazy in the "AMAZING CITY" of SF . Bish please.

You couldn't pay me a million dollars to live there.

Last edited by Staysean23; 06-01-2014 at 12:05 PM..

Old 06-01-2014, 11:57 AM

And everyone living in Atlanta is happy because it's cheap, right? Let's forget about how awful the economic mobility is here and income disparity Atlanta has. You're talking half of the city is just low income blacks struggling to make a living. I guess these folks are happy though, right?

Old 06-01-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
And everyone living in Atlanta is happy because it's cheap, right? Let's forget about how awful the economic mobility is here and income disparity Atlanta has. You're talking half of the city is just low income blacks struggling to make a living. I guess these folks are happy though, right?

Yeap they sure are happy.

When you move to your beloved dense city. Let me know how many roomates you have and how many packets of roman noodle soups I have to send you after you begin paying 1100 dollars to just rent a room.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:16 PM

SF isn't the only dense city in this country. There are plenty that aren't as expensive as SF. Chicago is one for example that's actually pretty cheap while still being a great city. Chicago is better than Atlanta that's for sure and ain't that much more expensive. Philly too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta