Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 05:05 PM

787 posts, read 968,635 times

Advertisements

A lady from my church lives in Tyrone and she has a mansion. Doesn't seem to be much else their though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 06:35 AM

416 posts, read 972,181 times
Is Movato a credible source?

Old 06-06-2015, 08:28 AM

23,459 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Oak Grove, Sagamore Hills, LaVista Park, Druid Hills, East Cobb, Brookhaven and Suwanee are some pretty gross omissions.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:39 AM
bu2

24,073 posts, read 14,869,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
Do you agree with this list or disagree? (Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed)
Where's Tyrone????

(rhetorical question-I can look it up). A place I never heard of makes the list.

Last edited by Yac; 06-11-2015 at 07:04 AM..

Old 06-06-2015, 08:40 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
I'm a little surprised Duluth was mentioned and not Suwanee. Parts of Duluth are in the Gwinnett Place Mall area which isn't really a great place right now. Duluth HS isn't that great compared to Ptree Ridge or N Gwinnett.
Same here.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:44 AM

1,990 posts, read 2,360,279 times
Doesn't Oak Grove = Greater Northlake? Sagamore Hills/ LaVista Park = North Druid Hills or even "Greater Druid Hills", perhaps if combined with Historic Druid Hills. They were all left out, though. Suwannee and Brookhaven do stand on their own. Would not East Cobb be part of either "Greater Marietta", east or "Greater Roswell" since usually those two postal zones are used? (Even Atlanta/ Sandy Springs in the extreme southeastern quadrant of "East Cobb.") I have always thought the East Cobb designation came from some real estate developer years ago to differentiate from Marietta proper. Kind of like "Vinings" used to mean, "Atlanta address over the Chattahoochee in Cobb County", but has grown to mean n "real estate speak" to mean ANYTHING in South Cobb from Smyrna to Mableton!

Old 06-06-2015, 08:46 AM

1,990 posts, read 2,360,279 times
Tyrone is a charming little town in Northwest Fayette County (Kind of across the county line from the Fairburn area of South Fulton.)

Old 06-06-2015, 08:48 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Oak Grove, Sagamore Hills, LaVista Park, Druid Hills, East Cobb, Brookhaven and Suwanee are some pretty gross omissions.
Well most of those are subdivisions. Brookhaven probably was at the time they started working on this.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:54 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocfan1 View Post
Well I guess this is the best place to post my question..

I'm looking to move from Los Angeles to Atlanta and will be taking a job at Georgia Power in Downtown.

I'll be looking for a family friendly suburb with great schools, decent sized lot, 2000+ sqft, price range is 350 to 450 K (I live in the city but I still have 1/4 acre Lot). I drive don't really use public transportation. Just like any young family me and my wife love parks, working out, restraunts, shopping. Were both african american in our late 20s with one baby boy and looking to have a couple more kids in the future. We want an area with established youth leagues so when my boy gets older he can get into sports.

I hear a lot of good things about Alpharetta but I hear about the horrible commute and I just dont want to sit in traffic all day I've done a lot of that out here. But i'm willing to if Alpharetta is just that much better.

Thanks locals, i've given advice to people looking to move to the LA area so I appreciate the time you all take out to respond to posts.

Do you agree with this list? is this a great place to start?
It isn't clear what they consider amenities.

Don't trust the commute times at all. Maybe its an average commute because some people work locally, but all the cities around the airport (which isn't that far from downtown) rate about the bottom. Alpharetta ranks fairly high and its a very tough commute.

Its a starting point. Not a great starting point. It does bring together several different types of information.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:07 AM

23,459 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Well most of those are subdivisions. Brookhaven probably was at the time they started working on this.
I'd rather live in any of them that the ones listed, perhaps with the exclusion of Decatur. So I really don't buy into this list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta