Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 01:38 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,266,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
You're acting like I'm rooting for Cobb taxpayers to get fleeced.
Nah, man, not you. Anyway, cqholt was probably thinking of the 17% hike in Fulton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 01:45 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,876,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
It decreased.
I am wrong then.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:38 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Just leave the dang thing where it is and spruce it up a little. I've got cars older than Philips arena.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:33 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,696,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Just leave the dang thing where it is and spruce it up a little. I've got cars older than Philips arena.
Exactly, the arena is just fine. If they want public funds, I say the public should choose what those funds go to, and I say, if anything, they go into omly refurbishment.

If they want a new arena, then they can pay for it themselves.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:25 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,160,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I mean Weather Channel got one too. Cobb County is like Oprah
omg this comment made me laugh so hard...well ****ing played!

Old 07-24-2015, 11:33 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,528,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
i do to, and few well maintained pair of dress shoes. This out with the old in with the new mentality is bothersome. If the Hawk ever threaten to leave Atlanta, I say let them go. Atlanta has a lot going for itself to fell like they need the NBA to define it. I doubt they would leave but if the notion was ever made. BYE

Old 07-25-2015, 05:35 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,142,497 times
Quote:
I mean Weather Channel got one too. Cobb County is like Oprah
No, that would be the state of GA in general. KIA, Mercedes, the film industry. You name it. Endless corporate welfare.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:49 AM

38 posts, read 91,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusgametro View Post
Yeah but from the rendering pics I had seen a while back of the inside it seems smaller than the georgia dome. I like the georgia dome I think they should keep it and where is atlanta getting all of this money too rebuild expensive arena's that are really not needed. The current georgia dome looks massive big inside compared too this new indoor football stadium there building for the falcons.
And when you are close to the construction site itself, you get the sense that the place is going to be pretty small (relatively-speaking) - perhaps smaller than the Dome. It's a little tricky, though: the Dome and the new stadium are oriented/aligned differently. While the Dome is oriented so that the football field is perfectly aligned in an East-West direction, the new place is seeming to be constructed in a way so that the field will be "slanted" in a Northeast/Southwest direction. This can make size comparisons not a straightforward task. Still - accounting for this, the new stadium seems smaller than you would expect.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:53 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,939,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
No, that would be the state of GA in general. KIA, Mercedes, the film industry. You name it. Endless corporate welfare.
At least we get a nice return on the TV/Film industry, and it's only increasing.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:18 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,963,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusgametro View Post
Too me it seems like this new indoor stadium there building is going too be smaller than the current georgia dome to me it looks that way from the rendering pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salemsally View Post
And when you are close to the construction site itself, you get the sense that the place is going to be pretty small (relatively-speaking) - perhaps smaller than the Dome. It's a little tricky, though: the Dome and the new stadium are oriented/aligned differently. While the Dome is oriented so that the football field is perfectly aligned in an East-West direction, the new place is seeming to be constructed in a way so that the field will be "slanted" in a Northeast/Southwest direction. This can make size comparisons not a straightforward task. Still - accounting for this, the new stadium seems smaller than you would expect.
Idk what you guys are looking at, but I can tell it's definitely going to be larger than the dome (which isn't the driving factor behind building new stadiums, but whatever). Once the roof is put on it will be obvious, but you can tell even now:

Plus, look at the facts:

New Atlanta Stadium | New Atlanta Stadium Fast Facts - New Atlanta Stadium

Last edited by alco89; 07-29-2015 at 05:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta