Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 01:36 PM

8 posts, read 24,532 times

Advertisements

We are new to the area and looking for a trustworthy reliable pet sitter for our two large dogs when we go on vacation. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! We are in the Suwanee/Lawrenceville area.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 06:09 PM

25 posts, read 70,799 times
I don't have a recommendation for a specific sitter, but I use the company Critter Sitters for my cat. My sitter is great and she covers the Duluth area.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:19 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,812,481 times
Camp Bow Wow in Duluth. You can leave them there, or they can send someone to your home.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:11 AM

10 posts, read 6,577 times
You can check out with Sit-N-Stay as they provide services such as Pet Sitting, In-Home Pet Sitting, Dog Walking and Overnight Pet Sitting. Apart from this, they are voted as the best pet sitter by Atlanta Magazine.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:55 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,823,619 times
It sounds corporate, but I'd just go with Petsmart PetHotel. I have tried a few other places (not in your area), but at least Petsmart seems to be consistent consistent across location and provides a nice variety of customized services.

If you are against chains, I did really like Five Star Dog Resort in Alpharetta which is not far from you, but when I got back from a flight, it took forever to get there and back to where I live. They even trained her (miniature poodle) not to be so friendly aka jump on the first thing moving by socializing her better than I had in doggy parks.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:21 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,787,939 times
I found our sitter on rover.com. She is in Clarkeston, if you want to go out that far. Our dog is big and old, and with age related ailments, and she has done well with him. PM me if you want her contact, otherwise, take a look at rover.com. They have both, "at their home" and "at your home" sitters (mine is at her home.).

Old 09-02-2015, 11:09 PM

10 posts, read 6,577 times
Wow! Good to see so many options of pet sitting which does exist and I was not knowing about it. However, Petsmart is very far from my place....but thanks for sharing this info as it may come handy if any of friends need it.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:44 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,265,285 times
We just moved here last fall and I did a ton of research. I wasn't at all impressed w/ Camp Bow Wow and definitely not Pet Smart. I don't know about the others.

We also live in Suwanee and do a major drive to a kennel that I found that seems fantastic. We have a young German shepherd dog and he's "too much dog" to leave him at home w/ the cat.

We use these people: pet hotel Atlanta, pet lodge Atlanta, Canton, Cumming, GA

They have boarding and dog training in an Alpharetta location -- and they have the above which is just boarding out in the country. From Suwanee it's a solid 50 mins. but since my guy is so big, he gets plenty of play time in the yard. They have several yards and test the dog's temperament and only allow seven dogs plus a person in a yard at a time. They're out in the morning, in for a nap, then out to play again in the afternoon.

And the staff has really impressed me. If you have smaller dogs you might want to consider Tiger Tails that's very near Suwanee in Duluth: Tigertails Animal Hospital Boarding With Daycare

They have a boarding section with a small outdoor yard and they're vets. I highly recommend Dr. Zack. He's an outstanding guy.

Also, I'm open to house sitting. PM me if you'd like to talk further. I'm a homeschool mom and live in Suwanee just off 85.

Good luck,

Alley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta