Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 05:33 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,758,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Chardae08 View Post
Well, as a single 30 year old black professional female, my experience dating in Atlanta hasn't been that great. Actually pretty non-existent. I agree that I probably should do more meet ups as other posters have suggested, but the one I attended when I moved back to Atlanta last year was horrible. The meet up was for singles, and half the people that showed up were in relationships or knew each other from other meet ups and kept to themselves. I think it can be challenging dating anywhere though...not just Atlanta. I definitely wouldn't let that deter you from considering a move to Atlanta. Your experience may be different.

P.S. If anyone knows any single guys, please forward them my contact information LOL
How often do you go out without your girls crowded around you?

When was the last time you went to a networking event?

So out of the dozens of Meetup groups you dismiss it because of one event

How was dating in your previous city because you probably moved here single? Which means your dating cycle is pretty much the same no matter where they go

Post a pic lol

Old 12-28-2016, 05:55 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,314,960 times
I would also add that the workplace is also where a lot of romances tend to happen as well.

Unfortunately with black women their curse is that the social engineering/hiring practices of the American workplace as of lately...

...tends to have them extremely gender segregated from the black men and other heterosexual men who could be a potential mate. The places where black women are being hired is places that typically hire LGBT men and/or white men.

That is the brutal reality of the situation.

So I would also suggest finding the places where these black men and heterosexual men ARE being hired in large numbers. And maybe find a position with the companies.

Hopefully then you can put yourselves in the circumference of potential mates without having to work hard for it.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:24 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,311,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newwoman2 View Post
Nobody said that anyone would put to a gun to my head and do anything. Everyone knows the culture in Atlanta and the types of men that are down there. I watch videos all the time of women talking about how the men down there are like, well...you.
What type of men are down here? I need to know how a metro of nearly 3 million men from all over the world are the same.

Quote:
It's not a matter of not going to a strip club. Most guys down there DO. That's the point, and it's a very simple one.
Aside from that being statistically impossible as pointed out earlier, what is the problem here? You are right about the point being "simple" but not in the way you are thinking it is.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:26 AM

29 posts, read 34,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
How often do you go out without your girls crowded around you?

When was the last time you went to a networking event?

So out of the dozens of Meetup groups you dismiss it because of one event

How was dating in your previous city because you probably moved here single? Which means your dating cycle is pretty much the same no matter where they go

Post a pic lol
I admit, 90% of the time I'm out, I'm with my friends. They know the city more than I do since I just recently moved back so it's always easy to go wherever they go.

I went to a networking event in DC a couple of months ago for black mid level managers, but my firm sent me. There were a ton of men there, but everyone traveled from other areas to attend the conference. I haven't dismissed meetup groups at all...I just haven't attended a meetup since earlier this year lol

Yes, I moved to Atlanta single. I dated one guy for a couple of years, and other guys I encountered were intimidated....not my words, theirs. Don't even get me started on that...I'm SO tired of meeting guys that are intimidated by established women.

If you want a pic, inbox me. I'll send you my IG info lol.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:27 AM

Quote:
I dont think anyone is emotional. I think we all believe we are speaking facts.
You stated silly stereotypes not based on anything objective about nearly 3 million men. We haven't heard any hard facts coming from you.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammaster View Post
What type of men are down here? I need to know how a metro of nearly 3 million men from all over the world are the same.

Aside from that being statistically impossible as pointed out earlier, what is the problem here? You are right about the point being "simple" but not in the way you are thinking it is.
The average guy might go a couple times per year for a birthday or for friends visiting Atlanta but most guys arent in the strip club multiple times per week. Some do but its probably like 5%-10% of the population

Old 12-28-2016, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Chardae08 View Post
I admit, 90% of the time I'm out, I'm with my friends. They know the city more than I do since I just recently moved back so it's always easy to go wherever they go.

I went to a networking event in DC a couple of months ago for black mid level managers, but my firm sent me. There were a ton of men there, but everyone traveled from other areas to attend the conference. I haven't dismissed meetup groups at all...I just haven't attended a meetup since earlier this year lol

Yes, I moved to Atlanta single. I dated one guy for a couple of years, and other guys I encountered were intimidated....not my words, theirs. Don't even get me started on that...I'm SO tired of meeting guys that are intimidated by established women.

If you want a pic, inbox me. I'll send you my IG info lol.
They probably just wanted to make more money than you but didnt.

Last edited by fieldm; 12-28-2016 at 07:04 AM..

Old 12-28-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
The average guy might go a couple times per year for a birthday or for friends visiting Atlanta but most guys arent in the strip club multiple times per week. Some do but its probably like 5%-10% of the population

Exactly. I've been here over 6 years and only been twice. Three times if you include the Clairmont Lounge. Lol.

I've known women to go more than that. I don't know what the OP has been reading (smoking).

Old 12-28-2016, 07:28 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,103,804 times
Quote:
It's not a matter of not going to a strip club. Most guys down there DO. That's the point, and it's a very simple one.
Strip clubs are everywhere miss. Dudes here don't have the market cornered on that at all. It just gets amplified here because when it comes to Black culture, everything in Atlanta is always boosted to the max. Whether it's warranted or not. Dudes going to strip clubs is unique to the A? Nah, no where near it. Just fell thru Charlotte last week and my homie from Philly who lives there now took me to Uptown Cabaret. Was in Chicago a month before that and my FEMALE cousins took me to King of Diamonds down on 147th & Halsted on the southside. Last time I was in The DMV I met some friends up there at Stadium in DC. Pretty sure this summer when me and pops go to Vegas for our bdays we will be wasted AF up in Crazy Horse or Spearmint Rhino. It's 2016. Men go to strip clubs everywhere. Dont know what to tell you sister, it's 2016, this stuff is in every city, not just here in the A. And don't be surprised to go into a spot like Onyx or Strokers and see just as many women in there as you do men

Old 12-28-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammaster View Post
Exactly. I've been here over 6 years and only been twice. Three times if you include the Clairmont Lounge. Lol.

I've known women to go more than that. I don't know what the OP has been reading (smoking).
I dont even consider Clermont lounge a true strip club. Its more of a bar with naked women lol imo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta