Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 08:07 PM

49 posts, read 47,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
For some reason, I thought you would be working in the Emory Area. In that case, do not look in the Snellville/Lilburn/Brookwood/Parkview Area. Scratch it off your list.

If you will be working at Perimeter and based on your other criteria/needs, I recommend that you look in the following areas:

East Cobb
Roswell
Southern Alpharetta
Western Johns Creek

In East Cobb, look in the Pope and Walton clusters.

In Roswell, look in the Roswell, Centennial, and Milton clusters.

In Southern Alpharetta, look in the Centennial, Milton, and Alpharetta clusters.

In Western Johns Creek, look in the Centennial and Johns Creek clusters.

Your best bets based on everything? The following clusters: Roswell, Pope, Centennial, Walton
We will have two commutes - one to/from Perimeter Center and one to/from near Emory University. Are your recommendations still the same? Thank you!

My spouse's hours, who will be commuting near Emory, will be 7am-3:30pm.

My hours (I will be commuting to Perimeter Center area) will be somewhat flexible...but will usually be after I drop off our daughter to school/early care and then around 4 or so in the afternoon...so prime rush hour times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 08:17 PM

16,702 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan_T View Post
We will have two commutes - one to/from Perimeter Center and one to/from near Emory University. Are your recommendations still the same? Thank you!
Ok, then...now it makes sense. The areas mentioned above would not be good for a commute to Emory. However, a commute to Perimeter from Lilburn/Snellville, while not great, won't be "as bad."

So, my recommendation still stands more or less:

Lilburn/Snellville in the Parkview and Brookwood Clusters.

Since one of you will have to commute to Perimeter, I strongly recommend the Parkview Cluster (South Lilburn) over the Brookwood Cluster. There are four great elementary schools in the Parkview district.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:

My spouse's hours, who will be commuting near Emory, will be 7am-3:30pm.

My hours (I will be commuting to Perimeter Center area) will be somewhat flexible...but will usually be after I drop off our daughter to school/early care and then around 4 or so in the afternoon...so prime rush hour times.

I also recommend that you look in Dunwoody. Peachtree Middle and Dunwoody High are good overall, despite the reviews.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Ok, then...now it makes sense. The areas mentioned above would not be good for a commute to Emory. However, a commute to Perimeter from Lilburn/Snellville, while not great, won't be "as bad."

So, my recommendation still stands more or less:

Lilburn/Snellville in the Parkview and Brookwood Clusters.

Since one of you will have to commute to Perimeter, I strongly recommend the Parkview Cluster (South Lilburn) over the Brookwood Cluster. There are four great elementary schools in the Parkview district.
How familiar are you with the middle schools, Trickum and Crews, in those two clusters? Trickum seems to have more mixed reviews/ratings than Crews. I know that middle school can be kind of challenging because of everything else going on during that age...so I would also like a very good middle school, so it will be one less thing to worry about during that time.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I also recommend that you look in Dunwoody. Peachtree Middle and Dunwoody High are good overall, despite the reviews.

Austin and Vanderlyn seem to be preferred elementary schools in the area. Any thoughts on those, as well as Dunwoody Elementary?

Old 02-26-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:

Austin and Vanderlyn seem to be preferred elementary schools in the area. Any thoughts on those, as well as Dunwoody Elementary?
The homes in Dunwoody are either somewhat old or very expensive...not too much available in the area.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
How familiar are you with the middle schools, Trickum and Crews, in those two clusters? Trickum seems to have more mixed reviews/ratings than Crews. I know that middle school can be kind of challenging because of everything else going on during that age...so I would also like a very good middle school, so it will be one less thing to worry about during that time.
Trickum is a good school.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:

You really can't go wrong with any of the five Dunwoody elementary schools (Chestnut, Dunwoody, Kingsley, Austin, and Vanderlyn). If I had to choose, I would choose one of the smaller ones: Chestnut or Kingsley.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Five Forks Middle also feeds into Brookwood High.

However, I recommend that you focus more on the Parkview Cluster.

Old 04-08-2017, 04:47 PM

Ok, so we have checked out a couple of subdivisions in the Snellville area, as well as checked out the general area a little (Parkview and Brookwood clusters). My significant other is not impressed with the area. He feels that it is too far out and, in general, seemed more rural than he prefers.

He is the one who will be commuting to the Emory area off Clifton Road, so other areas that he would like to check out (that were recommended based on my commute to Perimeter center area) will have more of an impact on his commute. Regardless, he would like to consider other areas such as east Cobb, Roswell, or other areas in N. Fulton.

In previous responses, the Roswell, Pope, Centennial, and Walton clusters were recommended as the best options when taking into consideration a commute to Perimeter Center. Which of these will provide the better commute options to Emory (I know known of them will be that great…but he doesn’t want to consider the Brookwood and Parkview clusters)? Are there other areas/clusters we should consider?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta