Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 08:20 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,645,640 times

Advertisements

Did any one realize that the difference between all Republican voters - all Democrat voters = 4,086 people.

I am sure all democrats did not vote so we have to make sure we get them all out the next round. And who knows, we can potentially swade some independent voters and some Republican voters to change to the Democrat side.

I am sure Trump will continue lying and be plagued with scandals. There is hope, my fellow Democrats!!!

Old 04-19-2017, 08:32 AM

8,486 posts, read 15,008,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
Did any one realize that the difference between all Republican voters - all Democrat voters = 4,086 people.

I am sure all democrats did not vote so we have to make sure we get them all out the next round. And who knows, we can potentially swade some independent voters and some Republican voters to change to the Democrat side.

I am sure Trump will continue lying and be plagued with scandals. There is hope, my fellow Democrats!!!
Turn out for the next round is going to be key (obvs). Despite the predisposition of the district along party lines, I think Ossoff still has the upper hand. He out performed Hillary Clinton in mid-April special election. He also seems to have Dekalb County on lock. He'll just need to pull in some folks in the other counties. Just a few percentage points will do.

Handel on the other hand is at a disadvantage for a few reasons. Her base seems limited to North Fulton, and she hasn't gotten the support of the party bosses in Cobb or Gwinnett. The one thing she does have in her favor is that she is not a Trumpian candidate, so that will play well in Gwinnett. However there is one factor she cannot over come: Ossoff's war chest is massive.

This should be an interesting campaign.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:55 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
Except he did not tout that in his bio (Ivy and English schooling), employment - DC mainly, certainly oriented. He is a young Evan Bayh, who went to DC never to come home again, except to run for office.

Just like Mr Ossoff's internship became foreign policy aide, the rest of his background is puffed up or certifiably misleading.

We all know the game. He is Pelosi's boy. Nothing but a stalking horse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Ossoff lives near Emory with his girlfriend. It's not like he lives in DC or something.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:11 AM

1,164 posts, read 1,266,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Spin. District went 51-49 Republican just like in November despite the massive spending.
Comparison to the Clinton vote is interesting. Democrats started talking about how close Clinton came in the district, because that was more promising than the 23 points by which Price won the district in November. So now, instead of seeing this as a 20-point swing, it's being spun as "no real change."

Bottom line: Dem candidates will try to make their races about Trump, but they don't actually get to run against Donald Trump. The Congressional race in this district swung 20+ points from November, just as it did in KS-04. Some of that is open seat vs. incumbent, but a lot of it is a real swing. I'm pretty sure GOP strategists aren't writing it off as "no real change."

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Ossoff lives near Emory with his girlfriend. It's not like he lives in DC or something.
Okay, but he still has time to close on a house in the district before June 20. His fiancé can commute. Just sayin'.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:12 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,396,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
Isn't he sort of busy looking for the lost aircraft carrier group that was supposed to be off of the coast of North Korea but isn't?

Old 04-19-2017, 09:15 AM

23,467 posts, read 44,121,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Then he's still wrong, because Ossoff grew up in the 6th district.
He grew up in the 4th District. Now the same area is the 6th District. God knows what it will be next.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:17 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,813,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
Comparison to the Clinton vote is interesting. Democrats started talking about how close Clinton came in the district, because that was more promising than the 23 points by which Price won the district in November. So now, instead of seeing this as a 20-point swing, it's being spun as "no real change."

Bottom line: Dem candidates will try to make their races about Trump, but they don't actually get to run against Donald Trump. The Congressional race in this district swung 20+ points from November, just as it did in KS-04. Some of that is open seat vs. incumbent, but a lot of it is a real swing. I'm pretty sure GOP strategists aren't writing it off as "no real change."
I think a lot of folks are just aggravated with the way Republicans have been handling (or not handling) things. Trump's wild flip-flopping and abrasive, insulting personality have ramped up the opposition.

Should be an interesting run-off.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:18 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,396,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Except he did not tout that in his bio (Ivy and English schooling), employment - DC mainly, certainly oriented. He is a young Evan Bayh, who went to DC never to come home again, except to run for office.

Just like Mr Ossoff's internship became foreign policy aide, the rest of his background is puffed up or certifiably misleading.

We all know the game. He is Pelosi's boy. Nothing but a stalking horse.
It was in several of his commercials and he has said he lived with his girlfriend in interviews. What makes you think he is "Pelosi's boy"?

Old 04-19-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
Okay, but he still has time to close on a house in the district before June 20. His fiancé can commute. Just sayin'.
He's already pledged to relocate within the district after she finishes med school; meanwhile, he wants to be there to 'support' her endeavors. Like he has time for that.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
She isn't much to look at.

His judgement is VERY questionable.
Really? I think she's attractive.
Frankly, I'd kill for a set like that.

Alisha Kramer, Jon Ossoff’s Girlfriend: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

And, they went to my Alma Mater. I'm impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta