Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 09:25 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,396,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Really? I think she's attractive.
Frankly, I'd kill for a set like that.

Alisha Kramer, Jon Ossoff’s Girlfriend: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com
I think she is attractive, too.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:26 AM

1,164 posts, read 1,266,397 times
Quote:
He's already pledged to relocate within the district after she finishes med school; meanwhile, he wants to be there to 'support' her endeavors. Like he has time for that.
I know, I'm just saying I'd have a campaign event at my new home in the district a couple weeks before election day. "I told her, 'I want to support your endeavors, and she said, 'I want to support you, too, and I want to support this community.' So we started looking for a house."

Old 04-19-2017, 09:36 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,713,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Why can't they be satisfied enough with screwing up their own states?
Life Expectancy [SSRC]
California 80.8
New York 80.5
Massachusetts 80.5
Georgia 77.2

Educational Attainment Index [SSRC]
Massachusetts 6.23
New York 5.44
California 4.94
Georgia 4.80

Infant Mortality [KFF]
Massachusetts 4.2 per 1000
California 4.8 per 1000
New York 4.9 per 1000
Georgia 7.0 per 1000

Old 04-19-2017, 09:49 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,940,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanmichael View Post
When are democrats going to learn you aren't going to beat trump?

When are other Americans going to learn that the South only lives by one party rule. Was the Democrats till they turned on Civil Rights. Now it is the Republicans cause they thump the bible.

The guy has zero chance to win this seat. Democrats need to ignore the South and move on. No hope for any hint of progressive ideas or anything other than hard right wing Christian politics down there.

Dems need to concentrate on the West, SW, Midwest and Northeast and just ignore the South and write it off as lost forever to people that wouldn't vote for a democrat if said democrat were running against a dog. And that I heard from a woman in Satsuma, AL.

A couple travels down South and you quickly learn just how hard core right wing Christian southerners are.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:52 AM

23,467 posts, read 44,121,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
When are other Americans going to learn that the South only lives by one party rule. Was the Democrats till they turned on Civil Rights. Now it is the Republicans cause they thump the bible.

The guy has zero chance to win this seat. Democrats need to ignore the South and move on. No hope for any hint of progressive ideas or anything other than hard right wing Christian politics down there.

Dems need to concentrate on the West, SW, Midwest and Northeast and just ignore the South and write it off as lost forever to people that wouldn't vote for a democrat if said democrat were running against a dog. And that I heard from a woman in Satsuma, AL.

A couple travels down South and you quickly learn just how hard core right wing Christian southerners are.
He just walked away from this election with 48% of the vote. True that he has an uphill battle ahead of him, but he has every reason to be optimistic today, all things considered.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:54 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
Can you name a vote where the Dem house caucus has gone rogue? A member? They have not. It is one of the things I - grudgingly - admire about the Dems. They stay in the yard. If they stray, they get punished. See Tulsi Gabbard (D, HI). OTH, there is something to be said for strong factions within a political party, like say the Freedom Caucus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
It was in several of his commercials and he has said he lived with his girlfriend in interviews. What makes you think he is "Pelosi's boy"?

Old 04-19-2017, 09:55 AM

1,164 posts, read 1,266,397 times
Psst. HRC came closer in Georgia (5 points) than in Ohio (8 points).

Old 04-19-2017, 10:06 AM

135 posts, read 88,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laaaa View Post
Has no ties? Doesn't his family live there? Didn't he grow up there?

I read he has not lived in the district for past 12 years.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post

I wish they would listen to you. All of these yanks that move here try to "change" the South. You want to move here for jobs - fine - but this is not NY or CA or MA.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
He just walked away from this election with 48% of the vote. True that he has an uphill battle ahead of him, but he has every reason to be optimistic today, all things considered.
It was expected to go to runoff (that is the best the republicans could do with every one and their brother on the ballot). The dems needed and wanted 50% or more yesterday. The media is very misleading (big surprise) but the total of republican votes is over 50%. Ossoff will need to infiltrate conservative, family oriented areas with strong public schools in cobb and north fulton to win and I would be surprised if that happened. I know many people (who vote republican) who are bothered by his lifestyle (shacking up with his girlfriend for 12 years) but not marrying her. Different values. Say what you will but people who are pro-life look at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta