Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 04:27 PM

23,512 posts, read 44,193,031 times

Advertisements

Well, the time has come to reap the spoils of the well-planned efforts of TPTB regarding parking for SunTrust Stadium.
My husband received a call from a former employee; he said that workers in the nearby Travelport Building (and presumably this goes for all workers in the Galleria Complex) received their Game Day permits today. Display of these permits on their cars in company parking will be SOP on days when the Braves are playing; failure to comply will result in their cars being towed. And, if you are a virtual employee and only spend part of your week in the office, you are denied access to your space altogether; those employees were simply given pamphlets outlining their 'transportation options' ie MARTA, CCT and Uber. Fat lot of good that does 90% of my husband's former employees that live in north Cobb and Cherokee. Many of these employees have been in this building for 20+ years
Just thought I'd provide another little example of how Tim Lee's unprincipled hit-and-run play is now manifesting itself. If you deem this as ordinary citizens taking one for the 'Team', well then, so be it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk47saogI8o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 04:43 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,998,412 times
I'm not seeing the problem. I have the Braves 2017 schedule, and it shows exactly 2 daytime, weekday, home games.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:52 PM

654 posts, read 529,587 times
That sucks. I used to work at Galleria but I'm glad I don't anymore.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:41 PM

272 posts, read 272,315 times
Karma for MARTA, no sympathy.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:31 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,328,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I'm not seeing the problem. I have the Braves 2017 schedule, and it shows exactly 2 daytime, weekday, home games.
LOL

Isn't it amazing how bitter and vindictive these intowners are about losing the Braves?

Old 03-30-2017, 06:35 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,896,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Guess you don't think those five 7:35pm weekday games in the first week are going to any issue for workers since you don't consider that "daytime". I don't think I have had any job where there was not a need to work past that time at some point. Companies that need reliable places to do business 24/7 are going to need to start looking at other options.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:20 PM

32,036 posts, read 36,869,761 times
I've generally been okay with the Braves' move but it's ridiculous to allow them to high-handedly oust the employees of a private company.

The Braves should either build their own parking or at least strike a mutually agreeable deal (including compensation) with local employers if they want to use their lots.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:22 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,787,803 times
Sure, my worst fears. My old house went up $50k in value last year and my old condo about $20k. Terrible indeed.

I think an 85 bridge collapse is a much bigger issue. I'm glad we all live in NW metro, baby!

Old 03-30-2017, 07:30 PM

559 posts, read 833,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I've generally been okay with the Braves' move but it's ridiculous to allow them to high-handedly oust the employees of a private company.

The Braves should either build their own parking or at least strike a mutually agreeable deal (including compensation) with local employers if they want to use their lots.
They did do exactly what you said.

Each property owner has the right to deal with the Braves on parking ... or deal with a private company on parking ... or do it themselves.

I, as a Cumberland property owner, chose to deal with a private company for parking. The Braves have zero control over me and my lot ... or my tenants/staff.

HOWEVER ... yes, the parking company is requiring all of our tenants and staff to put a hangtag in the car that allows them access to one space on game days.

If any of our people complain about a request as simple as that ...

For the 2 weekday afternoon games ... one in May and one in July ... not sure what we will do, but we're pretty smart people and I think we'll figure it out for 2 days.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:36 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,118,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Guess you don't think those five 7:35pm weekday games in the first week are going to any issue for workers since you don't consider that "daytime". I don't think I have had any job where there was not a need to work past that time at some point. Companies that need reliable places to do business 24/7 are going to need to start looking at other options.
True...except by 7:35pm regular rush-hour traffic has died down considerably, so just dealing with Braves traffic alone shouldn't be a big deal. The many alternative routes in the area will be a viable option when the majority of office commuters have already gone home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta