Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 10:23 PM

22 posts, read 21,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The Japanese consul is mad because Brookhaven has accepted a statue in memory of so-called comfort women. Japan still officially denies that they existed.

Japanese consul general: Brookhaven memorial is ‘symbol of hatred’
I organize the problem.

No one in the world denies the existence of a comfort woman including Japanese govament. There was no such person in the past.

The problem is whether or not there was a compulsory entrainment or not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 10:32 PM

2,307 posts, read 3,015,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonga118 View Post
However
followings is consistent official views of the Japanese government.
This views are structured 1) not found evidence of forced intercourse of the comfort women, 2) the comfort women do not agree to call them sexual slaves
because they have received the money for which they have been paid a high price.
these were decided by the cabinet and recently higher ranking diplomat have also expressed the official views in the United Nations.

what do you think of this Japanese government view?
Many of the "comfort women" were young Korean teenage girls. Japanese recruiters told their families they would be working to help soldiers in the war effort. Families were thinking hospital work etc. not sex-slavery. It is well-documented and I don't think we'll get very far arguing it back and forth here.

Whether this tragedy should be remembered in a park in Brookhaven should be left up to the people of Brookhaven, with the Korean community weighing in, in particular. I have nothing to say against this statue, personally, but perhaps there is a way to honor the Korean community's positive contribution to Atlanta as well.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:35 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,803,033 times
Quote:
thank for reply
I see your thoughts,

However Japanese began to realize it were lies or some propaganda, now a day many Japanese do not think so except extreme minorities or irrelevant I think.

Because of that , nobody can not find reliable evidence to support what you say and it can not happen from judging the past social situation.
I really doubt that I could provide any evidence that you would find "reliable", and that is why this statue is in Brookhaven, because it will never be in Japan, where it should be.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:36 PM

653 posts, read 532,552 times
Quote:
but many Japanese consider it kind of Malicious propaganda.
I think it is better way to show clear evidence rather than reading the scripts
so you can persuade many Japanese people
Frankly, the Japanese opinion on the matter is irrelevant. The statue isn't for them, it's for the tens of thousands of women they trafficked into sexual slavery. You don't force girls and women into that kind of situation and then get a say in how people memorize it.

It's pretty rich for the Japanese to deny what they did. We don't need to persuade them on anything - the evidence is out there and it's a settled matter. The Japanese did horrible, horrible things before and during WWII. Doesn't make them a bad people today, but denying that any of it occurred because acknowledging your actions would wound your pride is shameful.

The war crimes of the Japanese during their violent occupation of surrounding countries is one of the most under-recognized ares of modern history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

Old 07-05-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
I really doubt that I could provide any evidence that you would find "reliable", and that is why this statue is in Brookhaven, because it will never be in Japan, where it should be.
thank you, I expect the evidence you say,
after receive and read it , I say my opinion. if the evidence is reliable, Japanese official views could change.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlJan View Post
Many of the "comfort women" were young Korean teenage girls. Japanese recruiters told their families they would be working to help soldiers in the war effort. Families were thinking hospital work etc. not sex-slavery. It is well-documented and I don't think we'll get very far arguing it back and forth here.

Whether this tragedy should be remembered in a park in Brookhaven should be left up to the people of Brookhaven, with the Korean community weighing in, in particular. I have nothing to say against this statue, personally, but perhaps there is a way to honor the Korean community's positive contribution to Atlanta as well.
I often heard the story.
The Japanese government also knows that there were such cases as a result of the survey.
However, due to language problems, most of the recruiters are Koreans (exactly Korean-Japanese at the tome)
You express euphemism with Recicruita, but they were serious criminals. Police cracked them and remained as articles of newspaper as evidence(before WW2).

two questions for you
1) why do you think current korean police never arrested them and tried them after WW2?
2) why did not young Korean teenage girls you say, return to Korea and did not sue?

I do not know the reason.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCM View Post
Frankly, the Japanese opinion on the matter is irrelevant. The statue isn't for them, it's for the tens of thousands of women they trafficked into sexual slavery. You don't force girls and women into that kind of situation and then get a say in how people memorize it.

It's pretty rich for the Japanese to deny what they did. We don't need to persuade them on anything - the evidence is out there and it's a settled matter. The Japanese did horrible, horrible things before and during WWII. Doesn't make them a bad people today, but denying that any of it occurred because acknowledging your actions would wound your pride is shameful.

The war crimes of the Japanese during their violent occupation of surrounding countries is one of the most under-recognized ares of modern history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
thank you for the thought
however you say "the Japanese opinion on the matter is irrelevant" ,
My opiniop is almost same as that of Japanese goverment, and many japanese`s views I think.

you can access and refer to Japanese government's official views at this address
State rep. urged Brookhaven to reject 'comfort women' memorial - Reporter Newspapers

what he said was nothing more than a statement of the Japanese government's official views and not a personal view that these were decided by the cabinet and higher ranking diplomat have also expressed the official views in the United Nations.
This views are structured 1) not found evidence of forced intercourse of the comfort women, 2) the comfort women do not agree to call them sexual slaves
because they have received the money for which they have been paid a high price.

although
you say" it's for the tens of thousands of women they trafficked into sexual slavery. You don't force girls and women into that kind of situation and then get a say in how people memorize it."

the government say
1) not found evidence of forced intercourse of the comfort women
get the point, show us any evidence, but No one can show evidence so far at the moment.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
you are a korean(sorry)

they often say, if there is not eveidence, we make up some movies which they desire.
Finally they will present this as evidence.
what you say is the same.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:03 AM

3 posts, read 2,780 times
Some evidences about Comfort Women. (I am Japanese)

* the Statue is symbol of hatred, not for Comforot Women in Japan/Korea
http://up.gc-img.net/post_img/2015/1...IQoCv_361.jpeg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4PdcISXC3.../s1600/cw1.jpg

* some were forced into prostitution, but most of Comfort Women were well paid prostitutes. Because, United States said so.
(US military report (1944) states Comfort Women are nothing more than prostitutes)
Report No. 49: Japanese Prisoners of War Interrogation on Prostitution: La Segunda Guerra Mundial

* they were kidnapped or trafficked by Korean crime syndicates not by Imperial Japan Army. These Korean newsclips describes about Korean criminal arrested by Japan pollice in ww2.
Comfort Women Articles by Scholars: Korean Newspaper Reports from 1930's

* This was a first comfort women film unveiled by Korean government yesterday. This is the evidence that there were no teenage girls there. Everyone looks over 20 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLtFTDp06C0

Old 07-06-2017, 12:43 AM

Smile those are not evidence I think

[quote=SUPER MOMO;48742868]Some evidences about Comfort Women. (I am Japanese)

* the Statue is symbol of hatred, not for Comforot Women in Japan/Korea
http://up.gc-img.net/post_img/2015/1...IQoCv_361.jpeg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4PdcISXC3.../s1600/cw1.jpg

* some were forced into prostitution, but most of Comfort Women were well paid prostitutes. Because, United States said so.
(US military report (1944) states Comfort Women are nothing more than prostitutes)
Report No. 49: Japanese Prisoners of War Interrogation on Prostitution: La Segunda Guerra Mundial

* they were kidnapped or trafficked by Korean crime syndicates not by Imperial Japan Army. These Korean newsclips describes about Korean criminal arrested by Japan pollice in ww2.
Comfort Women Articles by Scholars: Korean Newspaper Reports from 1930's

* This was a first comfort women film unveiled by Korean government yesterday. This is the evidence that there were no teenage girls there. Everyone looks over 20 years old.

Thank you for the information.
but all are not evidence for japanese army(including korean-japanese soldiers) systematic abduction。

below are my thoughts, I have not checked the contents, Please point out if there are any mistakes or inadequacies.

1)the Statue is symbol of hatred, not for Comforot Women in Japan/Korea
The status can not be evidence, as well as movies and novels.
you are a Korean?

2)some were forced into prostitution, but most of Comfort Women were well paid prostitutes. Because, United Stat
"some were forced into prostitution" please show me who is the subject?

3)they were kidnapped or trafficked by Korean crime syndicates...
I know past newspaper articles. Police officers at the time had cracked down the criminal
Exactly not korean but korean-japanese
People on the Korean Peninsula at that time were all Japanese people with legal equal Japanese nationality.
they also had voting rights

4)This was a first comfort women film unveiled by Korean gov...
People who deny the existence of a comfort woman are not even searching the world. Past and present
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta