Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 12:03 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,425,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
So you are simply blinded by your hatred of Delta. Got it.

Enjoy sub-par Southwest, guess you'll be connecting to many places the rest of your life.
I do enjoy SW, very much so. Have a companion pass that allows my wife or one of my children to fly for free with me....every single flight, unlimited use, even if I am using pts for my seat (which I am 90% of the time). I very rarely pay for my flights. Nearly all my flights are direct. In case you haven't heard, SW took over AirTran and adopted Atlanta as one of its major hubs. In the rare case they don't fly direct, like to Key West this May or an international destination, I crawl back to Delta.

I'm not a huge frequent flier, but I do fly probably 8-10x per year. I used to love Delta. Was Gold for years when I worked in the corporate word. During the recession Delta took, took and took. And when the good times came back they grasped those petty fees and never let them go. All the while adding new layers to the SkyMiles programs (remember when it was just miles, then it turned to MQM's, then came MQD's and MQS).....how segmented can you make one program?? It is really unfortunately patrons didn't give them an earful loud enough to let them know that enough is enough.

Now you can't even book the lowest fare if you want to have a "chance" at being upgraded lulz. OMG.

I'm not blinded. I'd argue that you are. "They are from Atlanta, they have to be doing the right thing!! Especially because some rube spoke out against them and just look at that disgusting NRA organization". Try looking at it objectively.

This is over THIRTEEN people, people. But but but they wanted to be neutral. lulz

Old 03-08-2018, 12:26 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Quote:
You DO realize that many Georgians that voted for and supported Cagle are absolutely supportive of what he's doing, right?
Exactly, these voters, vote for the these GOP candidates not despite these antics etc., but because of it.
Same with their voting for trump.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:58 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
I do enjoy SW, very much so. Have a companion pass that allows my wife or one of my children to fly for free with me....every single flight, unlimited use, even if I am using pts for my seat (which I am 90% of the time). I very rarely pay for my flights. Nearly all my flights are direct. In case you haven't heard, SW took over AirTran and adopted Atlanta as one of its major hubs. In the rare case they don't fly direct, like to Key West this May or an international destination, I crawl back to Delta.

I'm not a huge frequent flier, but I do fly probably 8-10x per year. I used to love Delta. Was Gold for years when I worked in the corporate word. During the recession Delta took, took and took. And when the good times came back they grasped those petty fees and never let them go. All the while adding new layers to the SkyMiles programs (remember when it was just miles, then it turned to MQM's, then came MQD's and MQS).....how segmented can you make one program?? It is really unfortunately patrons didn't give them an earful loud enough to let them know that enough is enough.

Now you can't even book the lowest fare if you want to have a "chance" at being upgraded lulz. OMG.

I'm not blinded. I'd argue that you are. "They are from Atlanta, they have to be doing the right thing!! Especially because some rube spoke out against them and just look at that disgusting NRA organization". Try looking at it objectively.

This is over THIRTEEN people, people. But but but they wanted to be neutral. lulz
No, they did not want to be neutral. They take Corporate Responsibilties and Values very seriously (like many a large corporate entity) and wanted to convey to their patrons and to the public at large where they stood on this issue instead of remaining silent. I say good for them, but I guess that I'm not as jaded as some.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
No, they did not want to be neutral. They take Corporate Responsibilties and Values very seriously (like many a large corporate entity) and wanted to convey to their patrons and to the public at large where they stood on this issue instead of remaining silent. I say good for them, but I guess that I'm not as jaded as some.

At least you're admitting that they lied when they said they wanted to remain neutral. Baby steps.

Responsibility and Values ..... lulz Delta is one of the largest polluters on the planet, period.

Don't let your hometown pride warp the reality of what big business is. The bottom line.

Liberals in here don't understand that the entire upper mgnt of Delta voted for Trump, but rejoice when they deny 13 NRA members a discount that probably amounted to $5ea. Incredible.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:27 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,359,373 times
Quote:
At least you're admitting that they lied when they said they wanted to remain neutral. Baby steps.

Responsibility and Values ..... lulz Delta is one of the largest polluters on the planet, period.

Don't let your hometown pride warp the reality of what big business is. The bottom line.

Liberals in here don't understand that the entire upper mgnt of Delta voted for Trump, but rejoice when they deny 13 NRA members a discount that probably amounted to $5ea. Incredible.
It really sounds like you're just pissed that they went against the conservative line. Baby Cagle certainly is...toe the line, or else.

There's really nothing incredible about it. Delta made their decision. It was a good one. People are happy about it. Conservatives are crying as usual. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
It really sounds like you're just pissed that they went against the conservative line. Baby Cagle certainly is...toe the line, or else.

There's really nothing incredible about it. Delta made their decision. It was a good one. People are happy about it. Conservatives are crying as usual. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Just because I am a liberal doesn't mean I don't see fault in other liberal observations. This is the 2nd time a liberal in here has used that as an argument. "I don't agree with him so he must be a Trumper / conservative"....which by the way fits the most generic of liberal stereotypes.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:14 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:

Do you have access to other people's voting records or something?

Old 03-08-2018, 03:21 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times
Quote:
Liberals in here don't understand that the entire upper mgnt of Delta voted for Trump...
I have a very hard time believing that and I'm no liberal

Old 03-08-2018, 04:14 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:

Wow, you must have quite an 'in' with TPTB at Delta if they are consulting with you before they cast their votes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

Old 03-08-2018, 04:54 PM

That apparently touched a lot of nerves. CEO joined Capital City not too long ago. Hotbed of liberalism. I bet he's in the mens grill right now discussing with fellow board members how Hillary was the right person for the job.

Newsflash, rich people vote for their wallet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta