Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 11:22 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,083,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
The Mayor's office is going to investigate their own hiring
https://www.wsbtv.com/video?videoId=...deoVersion=1.0
Well, rest assured that it's business as usual at City Hall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 08:38 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Sounds to me like the knives are out for Bottoms at the AJC.

The provision sounds arbitrary to me, and the violation of such could hardly deemed as egregious.
Probably.

But I suppose it's the AJC trying to throw red meat(pun intended) to its dwindling conservative-minded market to maintain some semblance of media market parity.

Weird part is, the AJC from what I heard is dropping deliveries in those very conservative areas. I know that some zip codes in Coweta county after this December will no longer receive physical newspaper deliveries.

I just don't see why the AJC won't simply adopt a new strategy. And have a laser-focus on the Metro market.

People in 2018 still do read and consume media. They just want to read things that specifically favor their interests.

But a lot of these large corporate media outfits quite simply refuse for one reason or another...to unapologetically cater to non-traditional demographics.

Much like the Republican party.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:43 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,120,315 times
I like Hall, but this should've been run through the Council. Instead now it's a mess.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:59 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
The city’s law department dropped the ball on this one.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:42 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,255 times
Default Mayor Bottoms violated the City Charter...

The latest fresh reporting on this case is found below via a link from the AJC.
Some of the emails uncovered & found in the AJC piece look pretty shaky for City Hall.

I'm of the mind that as more comes to the light and as we look back on the unfolding drama of the stink emanating out of the prior Reed Administration, a 5th Reed Administration official has pleaded guilty & will be sentenced at 2 pm today, an electoral wave is needed so as to wipe out the top layer at Atlanta City Hall as part of a massive house cleaning.
Whether city residents have the appetite to confront the stench of corruption & do a wiping out of the "business as usual at City Hall" crowd & bureaucracy, remains to be seen.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt-...J0szqN86cv4mI/

Old 01-14-2019, 07:48 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,255 times
Default Mayor Bottoms violated the City Charter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
The city’s law department dropped the ball on this one.
Looking back through prior mayoral administrations, may I paraphrase that to instead read:

"The city’s law department has 'once again' dropped the ball."

Old 02-01-2019, 10:17 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Kwanza Hall gets $25K for leaving Invest Atlanta.
Quote:
A Jan. 3 separation agreement with Invest Atlanta calls for Hall to receive nearly $25,000 — a full two months of his $145,000 annual salary, while no longer reporting to work.
https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt-...IOyy8PLgF0xKBQ

Old 02-02-2019, 03:53 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,353,046 times
Hall didn’t meet the requirements for the Invest Atlanta position as it requires a college degree which Hall doesn’t have. He got both jobs because of cronyism not on merit. This is embarrassing.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Hall didn’t meet the requirements for the Invest Atlanta position as it requires a college degree which Hall doesn’t have. He got both jobs because of cronyism not on merit. This is embarrassing.
How does basic requirements like this slip thru?

Old 03-18-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
The council’s resolution requesting the investigation comes after an article published in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Sunday which found that six Bottoms’ campaign staff members were issued payments for a pay period in December 2017, before the city had formally offered them jobs.
That article also found that political supporters of the mayor were given job titles based on desired salaries, not their job qualifications or responsibilities. And it found that Bottoms’ former campaign manager Marva Lewis was briefly made an Airport Deputy General Manager and received payments out of airport funds, in possible violation of FAA regulations.
https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt-...eX18wREQtm83K/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta