Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 07:12 PM

3,662 posts, read 3,942,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
lol. So, weird victim-y act aside, do you support additional government support for homeless services?

I enthusiastically say yes. You apparently cannot bring yourself to do so. Why not?
Personally I give money during natural disasters via Salvation Army (a big no to Red Cross which will keep 75% of your donation) because those people truly are upended in a instant.

But I wouldn't ever give to Atlanta causes because there seems to be a large contingent of people partaking in everything even when they don't need it and it just turns me off.

Feeding the poor hungry children that are already getting free breakfast and lunch and donating backpacks etc. is so ridiculous. Howe about not having children that you can't afford to raise? They weren't delivered by a stork.

Giving money for birth control and sterilization for those who can't manage it on their own is more palatable to me.

The attendance of Hosea Williams Thanksgiving is like 40,000. These people could be helping the ones who truly need it.

Atlantic Station's apartments are significantly occupied with Section 8 recipients and are far nicer than mine.

Most recipients have cable tv and nicer iPhones and cars than the average person and adopt this as a lifestyle which takes away resources for those truly in need.

But I still say that mental illness afflicts most of our homeless and there's not much rehabilitation in the cards.

We can afford to give cheap food and warm bed on cold nights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta