Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 08:42 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,567,074 times

Advertisements

This guy, I mean, thug should be punished. I'm not getting these Asian attacks but then again, I don't really get any attacks like these. Anyway, I hope this THUG gets his.

Old 03-19-2021, 12:09 AM

10,400 posts, read 11,542,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier de Saint-George View Post
This guy, I mean, thug should be punished. I'm not getting these Asian attacks but then again, I don't really get any attacks like these. Anyway, I hope this THUG gets his.
He’s being charged with committing eight homicides for which he basically has admitted his guilt.

He’s not getting out from under this and he’s not going anywhere.

At the very least, he is going to spend the rest of his life in a maximum-security prison.

And he is very likely to be a candidate to receive the death penalty.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:40 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,929,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
From what I read, he posted some very negative things about Chinese people and China on his Facebook just the day before he did the shootings.
You read wrong:
https://www.11alive.com/article/news...1-6055187f2d5b

Really, posting hearsay, rumours, speculation, and falsehood helps no one. It's irresponsible. This is why social media sucks sometimes.

Old 03-19-2021, 07:10 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,132,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You read wrong:

Really, posting hearsay, rumours, speculation, and falsehood helps no one. It's irresponsible. This is why social media sucks sometimes.
I dumped my FB and Twitter late last year, and don't regret it one bit.

Old 03-19-2021, 08:24 AM

2,034 posts, read 1,325,500 times
This is first and foremost a crime against women.
Men killing women over sex is such an common story this would be forgotten by the weekend if he had killed women from a greater variety of backgrounds.
But society doesn't want to protect women who aren't in the traditional roles, so that aspect of these killings is going to be drowned out.

Old 03-19-2021, 08:51 AM

154 posts, read 97,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
This is first and foremost a crime against women.
Men killing women over sex is such an common story this would be forgotten by the weekend if he had killed women from a greater variety of backgrounds.
But society doesn't want to protect women who aren't in the traditional roles, so that aspect of these killings is going to be drowned out.
This is another reason why I don’t understand some of the talking points of the police. Whether it was race and/or gender, he should still be penalized under the new Georgia Hate Law that took effect last year (https://news.yahoo.com/atlanta-shoot...120253645.html). He killed 8 people, in which, 6 of them were asian women. He stated that “he wanted to eliminate the temptation to feed his sexual compulsion; hence, the reason 7 females were killed. The only male that was killed just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and the other male who was injured was also in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Asian attacks are up in the U.S thanks to Trump and his followers.

Old 03-19-2021, 09:00 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,489,236 times
Quote:
This is a tragedy looking for an agenda unfortunately, thus missing the true root cause - mental illness for one, violence against sex workers for another, maybe we can add human trafficking to it. Otherwise, we solve nothing.

So far it looks like this nutcase was not targeting asians, but sex workers in some strange sex-obsession solution. The illicit message parlor industry is populated by asian female sex workers primarily, mostly immigrants. That's just a sad fact of life. Sex workers are always targets of violence and if one has an agenda, it should be the protection of sex workers. If he wanted to target Asians he could have simply opened up right on the streets Chamblee (Chambodia) in the Atlanta metro area and have no shortage of targets.
Quote:
I explained some of it in my above post. The massage parlor industry is one common to the Asia. It's partially a cultural thing as this form of prostitution is very common and somewhat socially accepted in Asia - the massage with "happy ending". Some practice their trade out of barbershops! But also you have the illicit human trafficking component, Korean organized crime, that deals with young poor female Koreans with promises of "move to American to become rich", they have cornered that illicit market. It's an unsavory underground world.
Quote:
You read wrong:

The public rarely wants the whole truth.

Two of those people who were murdered were white, but the news media and the public makes it all about the Asians, because they want it to be all about "white supremacy" and "religious whackos".

99% don't understand or care about the nature of the business attacked. They'd rather hate a certain skin color than accept any truths. Ignorant people are very dangerous, and society is filled with them. The fact that they refuse to see their own ignorance makes them even more dangerous.

Old 03-19-2021, 09:03 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,132,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

Two of those people who were murdered were white, but the news media and the public makes it all about the Asians, because they want it to be all about "white supremacy" and "religious whackos".

99% don't understand or care about the nature of the business attacked. They'd rather hate a certain skin color than accept any truths. Ignorant people are very dangerous, and society is filled with them. The fact that they refuse to see their own ignorance makes them even more dangerous.
"Ignorance is bliss."

Old 03-19-2021, 09:07 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,600,013 times
Social media postings attributed to Robert Aaron Long were fake

link

He was in a rehab halfway house for sex addiction.

link2

Regardless of motive, he was mentally ill to externalize any internal conflicts to the extreme of killing people.

There is distinctly a rise in anti-Asian sentiment due to Trump, and the incident brought to the fore the trend in violence against Asians as a result. You can already see copycat incidents in the news with attempted assaults.

link3

Ironic since Biden plans to move the supply chain for technology out of China and into Japan, Korea, and Taiwan. The idiotic rhetoric and propaganda needs to stop. If there are competitive issues, there are concrete steps to take without going on and on like a child throwing a tantrum like the previous administration.

Old 03-19-2021, 09:21 AM

154 posts, read 97,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

Typical. This is why we will never get anywhere with race or gender issues. The problems exist and this case is no different simply because he killed 2 who weren’t Asian. Where is the outrage for him killing 7 women? Why is there no outrage for him killing 6 Asian women? Instead, you want this to be about mental illness only. Mental illness is apart of it but stop acting like racism and gender issues weren’t involved as well. He targeted businesses owned by Asian Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta