Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 02:51 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,261,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnth118 View Post
And I have- I do not care for crack heads, gang shootings, nor street thugs on my property. Nor do I wish to see the police roll down my street in a tank.

If you can deal with that then by all means. It's just not for me.
Ditto for east atlanta.
Great! I'm sure you love where you live. We didn't ask you to move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 03:00 PM

9 posts, read 25,950 times
LOL these board bring em out..

As if my requests were abnormal..

Old 07-10-2008, 03:04 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,261,490 times
What requests are you talking about?

And honey, I've been around. You're the newbie. You want to know something about living in the city? Ask me. Or George, or LD, or LLM, or Steiner, or Bob, or Greg.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:26 PM

9 posts, read 25,950 times
Living in the city?

"Honey" you're ten years late. It used to be cool, but it turned into the antithesis of what Atlanta could have become.

This ain't no SF or Seattle, or NYC.. Hell the twin cities on MN beat "intown'' Atlanta..

This is a quasi-LA, without the film industry- a [EMAIL="sh@#@@#hole"]sh@#@@#hole[/EMAIL]

Sorry, I've been in NY for work..

Old 07-10-2008, 04:10 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plessthanpointohfive View Post
What requests are you talking about?

And honey, I've been around. You're the newbie. You want to know something about living in the city? Ask me. Or George, or LD, or LLM, or Steiner, or Bob, or Greg.
I don't live in the city. I see it way off in the distance above the treeline, though. <waving>

Old 07-10-2008, 08:02 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,801,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
But I think it's the keywords you're using that scare many people...

"relatively quiet", and "ALMOST no major problems"...
That means if you live in a city you expect certain things you do not in the suburbs,Regardless if its Buckhead,Midtown.My best friend went out for a drink late last night after he left here.He was in midtown where he calls me and tells me his car got broken into.This in a very nice area.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Living in the city?

"Honey" you're ten years late. It used to be cool, but it turned into the antithesis of what Atlanta could have become.

This ain't no SF or Seattle, or NYC.. Hell the twin cities on MN beat "intown'' Atlanta..

This is a quasi-LA, without the film industry- a sh@#@@#hole

Sorry, I've been in NY for work..
Driving through a few key streets does not make you know a city.The city is growing intown faster than any othe major downtown in the nation.The population of the inner city is back over 519,000.It had dropped in the 80-90s to its lowest at 394,000.Thats a phenomenal amount of growth.So say what you want,you are missing out on some really beautiful tree lined street cafes,bars and restaurants that are popping up everywhere.
Actually there is a substantial film industry.Studio's on 10th street will tell you that.True if i could afford to live in Inman Park,Grant Park I would but I can't and where i am i just don't have a lot of those issues you would think i would living in this area.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
And I have- I do not care for crack heads, gang shootings, nor street thugs on my property. Nor do I wish to see the police roll down my street in a tank.

If you can deal with that then by all means. It's just not for me.
Ditto for east atlanta.
Ok i admit everynow and then i see a crackhead.I also see them in Buckhead,Midtown.I have had parties with about 50-100 people at my home at NiGHT.Not once has there been a car broken into,a crime against anyone or any other bad thing.My friends are mostly young urban dwellers mostly of the virgina-highland types of all races,natinalities.They tell me the same thing.They were scared at first back after seeing my home,my street and my closeness to everything its mostly positive.Some are looking in the area as well.Grant Park was bad ,now wow!!Vine city overall has a ways to go but there are some peaceful area where there are some great deals on new homes.I refuse to move to other parts of the city and spend $250,000 for a room versus a house wit a fenced backyard.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:37 AM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
I don't live in the city. I see it way off in the distance above the treeline, though. <waving>
Bob and Greg don't live in the city eitha.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:19 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Bob and Greg don't live in the city eitha.
Nope, and I never will..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta