Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 07:56 PM

1 posts, read 8,488 times

Advertisements

I am from Florida and have been here for two years. I am considering purchasing a home in Lawrenceville. I believe it would be considered South Gwinnett County. The community is called The Glenn at Simonton. Is anyone familiar with the area? How are the schools? Is it considered a safe area? Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 12:38 AM

86 posts, read 497,610 times
Lawrenceville used to be a nice place to live, with nice schools. It's now become a $hit hole along with the schools. I would look somewhere else if I were you.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:20 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,687,468 times
[quote=That_guy;4898639]Lawrenceville used to be a nice place to live, with nice schools. It's now become a $hit hole along with the schools. I would look somewhere else if I were you.

[SIZE=3]Don't you think you are exaggerating? Lawrenceville covers the following schools good districts: Brookwood, Peachtree Ridge, Grayson, Dacula, Mill Creek, Collins Hill. There are also parts of Lawrenceville that cover Berkmar, C. Gwinnett, Meadow Creek - which are not good school districts. Crime generally takes place in the Berkmar area. Downtown L'vlle is being revitalized and is populated with Caucasians at night for the restaurants and theater. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]What I noticed about metro Atlanta is that YOU CANNOT GO BY THE TOWN NAME - but the school district. Case in point, there are negative comments on this site about Snellville - BUT ISN'T SNELLVILLE THE HOME OF BROOKWOOD!!!!! DUH. I have a relative who lives in Powder Springs in Cobb county. Many people say negative things about Powder Springs - but he resides in the Harrison HS Cluster - One of the best in the area and all of metro Atlanta. AGAIN, YOU MUST GO BY THE SCHOOL DISTRICT. I myself live in unincorporated L'ville by Tribble Mill Park near the new Archer HS. Tribble Mill Park is the best park in the county. VERY NICE AREA - no apts, no commercial or strip malls, the County Commish for Dist. 3 lives there, and there are only $250K to $700K subdivisions. GET YOUR FACTS TOGETHER.[/SIZE]

Old 08-22-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL2 View Post
I am from Florida and have been here for two years. I am considering purchasing a home in Lawrenceville. I believe it would be considered South Gwinnett County. The community is called The Glenn at Simonton. Is anyone familiar with the area? How are the schools? Is it considered a safe area? Thanks for your help.
That Subdivision is in C. Gwinnett school district so you want to avoid that. Here are the best areas in L'vlle:

Brookwood school cluster
Peachtree Ridge
Mill Creek
Grayson
Dacula
Collins Hill

Old 08-22-2008, 01:31 PM

308 posts, read 1,037,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
That Subdivision is in C. Gwinnett school district so you want to avoid that. Here are the best areas in L'vlle:

Brookwood school cluster
Peachtree Ridge
Mill Creek
Grayson
Dacula
Collins Hill
100% agree with this list.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_guy View Post
Lawrenceville used to be a nice place to live, with nice schools. It's now become a $hit hole along with the schools. I would look somewhere else if I were you.

Your location says Dacula. You the know the new Archer HS (LVille Address), which pulls from Grayson and Dacula, will be made up of mostly kids from Harbins Elementary. Harbins stats: 67% white, 14% black, 2.7% Asian, 11% Hispanic.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinwreck17 View Post
100% agree with this list.

Thanks. Comments from "That_Guy" lead one to believe that he's a very angry man!!!. I tell everybody who moves to metro Atlanta that you have to go by the school district. Everyone says Norcross is so bad. Really? Why did the build the Forum there. Why is Greater Atlanta Christian School and Wesleyn there. Because people want to define Norcross by Jimmy Carter Blvd - which is MeadowCreek school discrict. And Norcross HS is not a bad school, academically. Look at their SAT scores and the fact that they have a terrific IB program. "That_Guy" is mad. HA

Old 08-22-2008, 01:45 PM

Here's a Rule of thumb for Gwinnett County. 1) Check the school cluster; 2) avoid areas with a lot of apts (including Suwanee apts - check apt rating site); and 3) avoid living next to commercial development that has not been pre-leased with national brand named tenants (i.e. starbucks)

One last point on Lville. Why did Cousins property build The Ave in Lville-SnellVille? a $hithole???

Old 08-22-2008, 08:26 PM

23 posts, read 134,453 times
lawrenceville is a catch all city for half of gwinnett.
atlanta has a few of these; marietta, jonesboro, rosell, etc.
gwinnett reflects atlanta as much as anywhere else.
there are pockets of every ethnicity in every part of the county.
i agree with the poster on it being esier to divide by high school districts.
central gwinnett is the original lawrenceville school and has a long tradition (for gwinnett) and folks have roots there.
there is so "slums" in town and always have been though.
the other schools mentioned are products or insane growth and the "old" ones only go back 20 years.
a few are just a handfull of years old.
they are nice and the county has a great school system and this is a big reason for the growth.
in the end i'd say l'ville is a toss up.
it has a real community feel at times but it has some rough spots too.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterthebronco View Post
lawrenceville is a catch all city for half of gwinnett.
atlanta has a few of these; marietta, jonesboro, rosell, etc.
gwinnett reflects atlanta as much as anywhere else.
there are pockets of every ethnicity in every part of the county.
i agree with the poster on it being esier to divide by high school districts.
central gwinnett is the original lawrenceville school and has a long tradition (for gwinnett) and folks have roots there.
there is so "slums" in town and always have been though.
the other schools mentioned are products or insane growth and the "old" ones only go back 20 years.
a few are just a handfull of years old.
they are nice and the county has a great school system and this is a big reason for the growth.
in the end i'd say l'ville is a toss up.
it has a real community feel at times but it has some rough spots too.

Nice post. L'vile like Budford is a catch all place. Lots of ethnicity. There are areas where you will find illegals and some shoddy/low income areas. There are areas that are real nice. Overall, though it is real nice. Not a $hithhole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta