Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 09:42 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,350,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Read back over my posts and you'll see the point...I'm not arguing with you, I'm simply pointing out your misconceptions and erroneous information. Yes, I noticed that one minute you're making statements about how much larger Atlanta is than Charlotte, then the next minute you're trying to say that Charlotte is about to catch up to Atlanta in (fill in blank). Then you're talking about city populations, then metro populations, then county populations...then you make statements about the skyline and in your next post you say that skylines aren't important. The fact is, Charlotte is at least a level or two down from Atlanta in every category.
You have 5.5 million people outside of Atlanta to thank for that!!! When Atlanta puts 2 million people inside the city limits, I'm moving down I-85. Until then, I ain't missing a thing in Charlotte.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:44 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
I would nevah, evah put Charlotte in the same league as Atlanta.

Charlotte's League: Nashville, Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, Memphis, Jacksonville, etc.

Atlanta's League: Boston, D.C., Dallas, New York, L.A., Chicago, Miami, etc.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:46 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,812,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
You have 5.5 million people outside of Atlanta to thank for that!!! When Atlanta puts 2 million people inside the city limits, I'm moving down I-85. Until then, I ain't missing a thing in Charlotte.
Well, ignorance is bliss...and you seem extremely happy.

I guess if we want you as a resident - which the whole city VERY MUCH does, it's all the talk around town - Atlanta officials will have to get some lessons from Charlotte officials on the fine art of huge annexations.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:49 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,095,059 times
Quote:

Yea we know you love the Country life

Old 11-18-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
i would nevah, evah put charlotte in the same league as atlanta.

Charlotte's league: Nashville, orlando, new orleans, tucson, memphis, jacksonville, etc.

Atlanta's league: Boston, d.c., dallas, new york, l.a., chicago, miami, etc.
you hit that right on the dot bruh

Old 11-18-2008, 09:58 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,350,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
Yea we know you love the Country life
My country life videos

YouTube - urban charlotte (funny dancing drunk)

YouTube - urban charlotte

YouTube - Urban Charlotte

If this is the country, I don't ever want the "big city".

Old 11-18-2008, 10:19 PM

606 posts, read 2,005,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I would nevah, evah put Charlotte in the same league as Atlanta.

Charlotte's League: Nashville, Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, Memphis, Jacksonville, etc.

Atlanta's League: Boston, D.C., Dallas, New York, L.A., Chicago, Miami, etc.
Atlanta is no where near the same league as cities like NY, LA, and Chicago. Atlanta is much closer to being in the same league as Charlotte as it is to being in New York's league.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:28 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8325 View Post
Atlanta is no where near the same league as cities like NY, LA, and Chicago. Atlanta is much closer to being in the same league as Charlotte as it is to being in New York's league.
I think that NYC, LA and Chicago are 'first-tier'; Atlanta would be in the second-tier along with DC, Houston, Dallas, Miami, Philadelphia and Boston. It is, after all, the ninth largest metro in the US.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
My country life videos

YouTube - urban charlotte (funny dancing drunk)

YouTube - Urban Charlotte

If this is the country, I don't ever want the "big city".
Thats really small The epicenter dont have a many choices as atlantic station they couldnt even get Fox sports grill lol i read about that i been to charlotte trust thats nothing. I dont even wanna put Atlantas urban videos and that crowd on lynx was after a game marta has those crownds everyday

Old 11-18-2008, 10:46 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8325 View Post
Uh, negatory.

Atlanta is one of the five most important cities in the United States. You have to think of regional hubs.

New York-Northeast

Chicago-Midwest

Los Angeles-West

Atlanta-South

Washington, D.C.-National

(Dallas-Southwest/Texas)
(Miami-Central+South Florida, Caribbean, and beyond)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta