Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 10:03 PM

439 posts, read 852,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_II_DMV View Post
Not all of DC has gone through gentrification definitely not most of PG.

I'm not familiar with the Castleberry neighborhood in ATL, but you definitely don't want to move to Atl for a greeter position or an entry level job. Not worth it.

Too many stylist already in ATL as well. May not want to move down unless you have the resources to start your own salon.

lol, you're set on moving to Castlebery, huh?

Are trying to say that Blacks avoid gentrification or gentrified areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 11:20 PM

969 posts, read 1,959,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkeshaThnx4Lyfe View Post
I agree. All my friends from the club are trying to get themselves settled in Atlanta. DC is too expensive now and crowded. Nobody is speaking English either it just doesnt feel like home to me anymore. The whole city is gentrified even out in Maryland and PG County. Just need a place for my boys in Castleberry lthough some housing assistance is going to be necessary for me since nobody is helping me find a stylist job or a greeter at an upscale hotel or office park.

Please pass my name and experience to anybody that has connections.

~Markesha
Seriously please don't move here without a job. We don't need anymore section 8 people or people moving here without jobs. Oh, and you probably can't afford the housing in Castleberry Hill, especially without a decent job as the area is gentrifying, sorry.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:30 AM

75 posts, read 118,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_II_DMV View Post
Not all of DC has gone through gentrification definitely not most of PG.

I'm not familiar with the Castleberry neighborhood in ATL, but you definitely don't want to move to Atl for a greeter position or an entry level job. Not worth it.

Too many stylist already in ATL as well. May not want to move down unless you have the resources to start your own salon.

lol, you're set on moving to Castlebery, huh?
Yes I am set on moving to the Castleberry. But don't you feel that DC and now parts of Maryland are way to gentrified? I was raised in PG County but it is now way too crowded and even areas in Chillum and Hyattsville are gentrified with Latinos and no one bothers to speak English. I can't understand what they are saying so how am I supposed to order something to eat or buy something at CVS? DC used to be chocolate city but it has just changed way too quickly for me and it's too fancy and expensive now. Everyone I know talks of moving to Atlanta to get out of this . And the fact that I have to share an apartment with a family member to pay the rent. Too much hassle and headache.

I did a google and sent an email to some stylists in Castleberry and they offered to look into positions available. So praise be that I will have a job soon down there. They seemed really excited that i could sing to!

~Markesha

Old 04-22-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinka72 View Post
Are trying to say that Blacks avoid gentrification or gentrified areas?
I was warned to not reply to you because you were trying to trick people.

~Markesha

Old 04-22-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7586 View Post
Seriously please don't move here without a job. We don't need anymore section 8 people or people moving here without jobs. Oh, and you probably can't afford the housing in Castleberry Hill, especially without a decent job as the area is gentrifying, sorry.
Well you just don't know me very well and you have no right to tell me not to move here.

I was warned that because of the color of my skin there are some racists here that don't want to see any more black people move to Atlanta because of the Census. Well you can't stop us. It's a free country.

~Markesha

Old 04-22-2011, 06:53 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
Well you just don't know me very well and you have no right to tell me not to move here.

I was warned that because of the color of my skin there are some racists here that don't want to see any more black people move to Atlanta because of the Census. Well you can't stop us. It's a free country.

~Markesha
I'm Black and for your own sake, I'm letting you know not to move down this way without a decent job with a suitable salary already lined up. Who in the world is going to seriously tell people not to move to Atlanta "because of the Census"? What does that mean anyway? And do you seriously think three people (you and your kids) are going to make a huge demographic difference or something?

I'm beginning to think this is a big joke. These responses are very suspect.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,709,999 times
The census is a total joke..................

Old 04-22-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
I was warned to not reply to you because you were trying to trick people.

~Markesha
Warned, what the FFFFFFF are you talking about???????

Old 04-24-2011, 06:15 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
The census is a total joke..................
Not at all. It still has Atlanta as one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the entire country over the past decade with an increase of over 1 million. It's more common than not for the Census to undercount city residents.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:21 AM

It will be severely challanged according to the AJC this morning.....Happy Easter...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta