Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 09:23 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Don't you guys ever get tired? Stick to your daily Limbaugh/Savage/Hannity indoctrination and leave the thinking to the true intellectuals, please.
I know people who pretty much live by Hannity and Limbaugh. Those persons follow reactionary politics, which isn't good for anyone.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:41 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
You wouldn't have areas as highly loaded with crime.

However, this question needs to be pinned on who is to blame.

"What would Atlanta have looked like had hood rats not forced white people to move"?

In answering that question, I can honestly say that Atlanta would be wealthier. It wouldn't have a budget shortfall. Crime rates would be substantially lower. Atlanta would have a vibrant downtown area, and you'd be more apt to see people walking alongside the streets. Downtown Atlanta wouldn't have a stigma, and there'd be greater investment in the area.

It would also have likely meant that blacks would have never come to control the city government, and, in not doing so, they wouldn't have been able to push their agenda of promoting the city to blacks around the rest of the country as a "black mecca" through black media, such as JET magazine or B.E.T. This would mean that you'd likely have never seen the emergence of the Atlanta rap industry, which has put a stain on the image of Atlanta, as an everyday person seeing a hoodrat with gold caps on his teeth, with a super-size gold-colored chain doesn't impress anyone. As such, this encourages less than professional individuals to this region, and it has discouraged some individuals from moving to this region.

Overall, the region would be better.
Well whenever you can RUN from your evil deeds things could be better for a short timeI wonder where are these children in this picture are today?A judge?Mayor?CEO?I wander what decisions are they making that affect peoples lives today?I wander how many jobs did they give to "coloreds" over the last 10-20 years?What did they teach THEIR kids?I wander what decisions they made effected those "gold-teeth wearing hood-rats"?

Moderator cut: Sorry,pictures to offensive and way to graphic to be on a public forum !!!!
You know I'm taking you on on this.You hide behind your attacks as if they are the answer to people not being honest or politically correct.Too often I have spat with you and your post on various subjects.They always seem to revolve around your hatred, inaccuracies,one -sided, fictitious and fabrications of basically how "blacks" have ruined your version of the Utopia that was once America.

Your remarks often leave out historical,current and real events that have lead this country to the issues at hand in present times.I don't need to explain anything to you or anybody else because I know they only fall on deaf ears.However,for the sake of this forum I must offer a rebuttal.A rebuttal not to your remarks,but to YOU.YOU as a person with TWO legs,a heart and blood that binds all us humans together,with a need to live and advance in our personal lives.Also to reach heights through pain,emotion,grief suffering,triumphs and failures.YOU with your constant "fairy tales" of a magical America where nothing good has come from the minorities.I'ts YOUR belief that is built beyond just "words".They are an attitude of YOUR belief that one race is more superior to another.A belief that things should be the way YOU wish to see it instead of the way they are.No HUMAN BEING that believes in freedom and individuality can then believe that certain negative traits are inherent to one group of people more than the other.How do I know YOU feel this way?Because no one that BELIEVES that we are all equal can actually then say "we are" but "those people do these negative things."

TRUTH IS SUBJECTIVE.If you guide yourself to a certain conclusion by what you read and see,typically speaking,you are just seeing or focusing on the TRUTH or TRUTH that YOU wish to be so.Does not mean it's the reality of the whole truth.

ONE CANNOT BE WITHOUT THE OTHER!Countries that are powerful ALL OVER THE WORLD owe their existence to men and women that were murdered and enslaved for another's countries men and women to then come inhabit.From time immortal this has been true.Yet to continue on and to place ALL blame of those negative effects on that defeated society within the NEWLY(sometimes existing societies) created society is blatantly and obviously no more than a continued assault and guise to prove racist and stereotypical treatment as if it were in deed fact.

You fool NO ONE.I'm so glad that I have the decency and moral upbringing that you obviously are lacking in your constant racist attitudes about such things you claim to have seen.Does not deter me.I know you are one of those closet racist that hide behind your facts and scientific data as if they give credence to your irrational thinking.

Yet to answer the OP's question:Atlanta without white flight would have been better due to the fact that blacks and whites living together in close proximity, would have made it more desirable EARLIER. I feel it has become a place for other races and cultures where they can also enjoy the city presently.It is my believe that we have passed that corner.The the city has (and is becoming) more diverse and attractive.All the negative images that have always plagued the South more than any other area of the country,have mostly faded.Even though white flight happened all over the entire country.

Atlanta distinguished itself early on,when Ivan Allen was the ONLY Southern Mayor to openly support civil rights legislation when he testified in favor before Congress.Mayor William B. Hartsfield was the one that gave Atlanta the name,The "City To Busy To Hate".
Atlanta's HBCU promoted black achievement and success even when every rule said it was not allowed.Atlanta would have never been on the map of world affairs if not for those mayors and MLK JR. together to make this city not descend into chaos like Birmingham,Jackson,Memphis,Little Rock etc...did especially after the murder of King.Many of these cities are still way behind in every measure of development.

White flight happened.But either way Atlanta has emerged to become greater as it would have been destined to be no no matter the event of "white flight".

Last edited by MB2; 10-18-2009 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: graphic pictures/ copyright infringement

Old 10-18-2009, 12:50 PM

2,437 posts, read 3,850,138 times
Thumbs up My man broke out the photos!

^^^ Man!

Aries4118, AcidSnake, and Deacon J are usually on point with their commentary... then afonega1 came out of nowhere bringing that heat!

School 'em!

(...and to Aries, the book's on the way, thanks...)

Last edited by equinox63; 10-18-2009 at 01:01 PM..

Old 10-18-2009, 12:57 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
^^^ Man! Aries4118, AcidSnake, and afonega1 stay bringing that heat! Deacon J does his thing too...

School 'em!

And they should bring on more of it. Perhaps a heated debate is what is needed for things to change.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:56 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
^^^ Man!

Aries4118, AcidSnake, and Deacon J are usually on point with their commentary... then afonega1 came out of nowhere bringing that heat!

School 'em!

Too bad they could not stay up!Maybe seeing how evil people can be would give reason for people to stop and THINK before they talk.I just have no time for this type of lunacy and hatred.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:10 AM

281 posts, read 617,418 times
I think we should bring back public hangings for anyone convicted of premeditated murder. Leave them hanging for a week or so as a warning to others.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:07 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
I think we should bring back public hangings for anyone convicted of premeditated murder. Leave them hanging for a week or so as a warning to others.
The only issue I would have with this is the fact that it's hard to take a hanging back if you make a mistake.

If you've got the perp on camera actually doing the deed, however...

Old 10-19-2009, 12:39 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
The only issue I would have with this is the fact that it's hard to take a hanging back if you make a mistake.

If you've got the perp on camera actually doing the deed, however...
I think we've come a long way as a society since the days of public hangings. There is no need to return to such barbaric actions.

"Hey kids...let's go to courthouse square today and watch the hanging!"

Old 10-19-2009, 12:43 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I think we've come a long way as a society since the days of public hangings. There is no need to return to such barbaric actions.
Perhaps true, but it would certainly act as a better deterrent than the current (and largely ineffective) revolving-door "rehabilitation" system we have in place.

To someone in serious need, killing someone is free food and shelter for years and a free pass at the end. So you lose a few years on the street. You get to make bigger and better contacts in prison, anyway, so for many it's a net gain. When viewed in a certain (perhaps twisted) way. And in some circles having spent time in prison is a status symbol, I hear. Some deterrent.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:51 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Perhaps true, but it would certainly act as a better deterrent than the current (and largely ineffective) revolving-door "rehabilitation" system we have in place.

To someone in serious need, killing someone is free food and shelter for years and a free pass at the end. So you lose a few years on the street. You get to make bigger and better contacts in prison, anyway, so for many it's a net gain. When viewed in a certain (perhaps twisted) way. And in some circles having spent time in prison is a status symbol, I hear. Some deterrent.
Well...from what I understand, prison is no picnic and it's significantly worse than living on the streets. I don't imagine anyone in his right mind would choose prison over freedom.

I'm not advocating any kind of "revolving door" system...but on the other end of the spectrum, I couldn't live in a place that performed public hangings. The death penalty can be carried out in a more humane manner than that.

Anyway...back on topic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta