Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:41 PM

191 posts, read 522,098 times

Advertisements

Someone keeps putting "there foot in there mouth"everytime they post something,and it seems to even make the points clearer that I've beem making.No one,mother,brother,sister,father,and not even your "best friend can make you stay in a place that you can't stand and don't want to live in.It's a choice you make on your own.Now the poster in question describes where he lives as "a piece of heaven",but whether it's Harlem,Grovetown,Evans,Wrens,it is still metro Augusta,and now he seems to be switching the discussion over to "City Vs Country",when we haven't been making comparisions on those teo at all.He,however,keeps on dodging the questions,I've asked above about his goal or purpose in being on this forumand"lying and bashing my hometown other than he'sa getting some sick satifaction over having an arguement.There's yet another question I'd like an answer too.After 39 years of being here as this poster stated earlier,"off and on",he surely had to know enough about the area,both Augusta/metro before he decided to build a house anywhere near the area,so he must have like it enough to have settled here.So when did Augusta go from this very nice place to live that I want a $169,000 morgage,to this evil place where you have to wear a "bulletproof vestto attend"the Fair here,LOL FUNNY.?????????Now I will say the Fair is in an area that we call "the hood",every city and town has one,no matter where it is,but I worked at the Fair a few years ago,got off after 12 midnight on the weekends to go clean across town to my home and never once did anyone bother me,both going to,while at the fair or leaving to go home.also,what murder has a news report that can be shown to me,that was committed while at the Fair.Not even a shooting repoted by anyone at the Fair.We all know,that crime can happen anywhere,at any event,any city,town and at any time reguardless of security or the precautions that smart individuals take,but if you make a statement,you should at atleast be prepared to back it up with proof.Now where are any reports of murders or shootings,within the last five(5)yearsd that happened right on Fair Grounds.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:56 PM

191 posts, read 522,098 times
By the way,southernmeltdown,I do work hard and I love the place where I live and determined to not let you "tear it down because your not satified here or just want to have the last word,but you still haven't answered my questions and you lost the arguement with me over "radio stations being stuck in the 80's.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:17 PM

239 posts, read 701,742 times
i can think of no better reason than the love of friends and family to keep a person anywhere they are maybe if you had somthing to love besides your hometown you so ardently defend you would understand the concept of sacrifice doing somthing that makes others happy. trust me if i had my way i would have moved to texas a long time ago.no i don't dislike the entire area and most of the places you mentioned clark hill ect i do enjoy . augusta i avoid like the plague same as most do.. they move to other countys and forget richmond county....and i have never told a lie here everything i have said about augusta is true not embellished one bit ...it is a boring one horse town that wants to grow up ut just can't mange to do it...and most towns now that i think about it have more sense about themselves than to locate a public event like the fair in the hood.....but it is augusta we are talking about... who in thier right mind wants to take the kids to a fair where they have to weave around drug dealers and prostitutes to ride a few rides???? but thats augusta for you..i mean come on you voted in a news anchor for mayor ...duhhhhh......and he ran it into the ground... so i'll sit out here in the sticks with my loved ones and laugh at poor pathetic individuals who still stay in that hellhole.....you can dip feces in gold and it's still feces....

Old 09-07-2008, 04:12 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
You two need to go out to a bar and have a beer or two.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:36 PM

283 posts, read 1,193,580 times
Default Ignorance really isn't bliss

[quote=carolinapride;5169037]g-man,that's not a good idea at all,get me drinking and start runing your month at me(talking in general),then I start talking with my fists.I know you just read my posts here,do you see where I'm coming from?What's he's doing just doesn't make any sense at all.[/QUOTE]

Neither does what you are doing. You are completely wasting your time getting facts and opinions out of the reach of others. Good or bad opinions you aren't the only person in the world who can dissect the words of others. Thank you ever so much for your good-natured attempt to protect Augusta and us though. Your first post on this thread I found quite refreshing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinapride View Post
Well,atleast our mayor here does have some big ideas for the city,and no,we want,nor do we need everything mentioned above.To anyone who doen't like Augusta and has nothing good to say about "My home town"and especially if you live here,oh how stupid that is,"Delta is ready when you are."
I thought to myself, wow someone with pride in community and ownership of their hometown. Then you go right into arguing with folks about their opinions. You can beat a dead horse all day but it’s not gonna make it any more dead. Why don’t you try retaliating by providing information on what is good there? I thought you were going to do this at first, only to my disappointment.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:55 PM

Moderator cut: Quoting a deleted post by member
Nov 7 04 17 year old stabbed at fair.......
Oct 16 03 security tightened at far due to threats of gang violence

Nov 7 07 riot at fair injures 12 year old gir
to verifiy and read more www.augustachronicle.com

and in the future can you try to debate without using gods name in vain and all the swearing you are not holding up the good image you are trying to portray doing that and it makes you look ignorant..

Last edited by MB2; 09-08-2008 at 08:06 AM..

Old 09-07-2008, 07:00 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
So, which one of you likes Augusta and which one hates it? LOL.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:14 PM

283 posts, read 1,193,580 times
Of course I get it. I just think that a little more pride and professionalism could be put forth on your part. I agree with your intended purpose just not by which you are trying to achieve it. Your bickering that this particular thread shows help only to prove the other posters point of why not to move there. Not only does it show the bad that southernmeltdown is pointing out, (which by the way if you read between the lines the poster's name in of itself should tell you that have no interest in speaking well of the community in which they reside) but it also shows the communities frustrations with their neighbors enough so to publically lash out rather than refute and point out for all the things that it worth while. On the other hand being a GA native myself that has traveled considerably I understand southernmeltdown's insationable appetite for more than the community has to offer. southernmeltdown's desire not to move elsewhere though also shows no desire to either improve the situation that they are in or can not find anything better than what they have. Sure the many place they visit/work have lots of things that Augusta doesn't have but even with as much as I love my current residence in CA there are many things that it lacks & GA has & vice versa. The problem is that southernmeltdown realizes that they will never be happy in one location but doesn't know how to resolve the issue so they are speaking of everything that they would like to see in Augusta that have seen elsewhere as a visitor that also they don't fully understand the problems of the community they visit they only see what they like and feels it necessary to take what the rest of nation has to offer and pit it against their own home. It is a neccesssary process that must occur in order for a community to grow and have new things that makes a city greater than it is. They are simply introducing you and others to things that Augusta doesn't currently have and sees a place for improment even if it is poorly worded and to someone like yourself is completely happy with what your home has to offer it seems as a complete insult. Please continue to point out the great things Augusta has to offer but give your heart a break before you blow a valve.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:19 PM

your insight is wise and has given me some things to ponder ...thank you....

Old 09-07-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
Nov 7 04 17 year old stabbed at fair.......
Oct 16 03 security tightened at far due to threats of gang violence

Nov 7 07 riot at fair injures 12 year old gir
to verifiy and read more www.augustachronicle.com

and in the future can you try to debate without using gods name in vain and all the swearing you are not holding up the good image you are trying to portray doing that and it makes you look ignorant..
but i stand behind this ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area