Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 02:33 PM

191 posts, read 522,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
you have the internet check it yourself
I am saying this for the benifit of anyone reading the "Augusta Forum" on this and any otherer thread,you can follow mine and the other posters comments closely,like the two(2)posts above this one and see that of all that I said in the above post"s in response to a certain poster,he had no real explanation for what his motive or purpose is in being on this forum and "trashing"Augusta,which is his hometown too.I ask him to explain what his point is in living here and yet saying every nagative thing he can in addition to it being bogus,and he could not respond back with an answer we can all understand.I however,stated above,that I live here and I want people to know the truth,that there are positive things about Augusta and it's far from a "hell hole"and if I thought it was as bad as certain people on here make it out to be,"good inteligence"would tell me,"I just need to leave"and so I would.But having said that,can anyone explain to me,WHY,someone living here would be on this forum saying the hatefulest things about the town they live everyday of there life in.I mean,What kind of sense is that?I don't know,maybe he's discovered his purpose in life,(to save otheres who would come to the worst -place in the United Sates,Augusta Georgia}I want to know though,has he saved anybody on here yet?

Last edited by carolinapride; 09-06-2008 at 02:51 PM..

Old 09-06-2008, 03:44 PM

"been posting around a month and I have lived in the C S R A off and on 39 years,so I have developed an opinion on the area and many others.I have also been to every major city in America(more than once) and all 48 states plus Canada and Mexico(more than once)America is a big place and trust me on this,there's much better areas than this...why do I stay,you ask?,family and friends here and $169,000 morgage.(END OF QUOTE)THIS IS FROM THE AUGUSTA VS COLUMBIA THREAD.(Pg 9---2nd post) This was a reply back from the same poster who is on this thread answering my question,Since you hate Augusta so much,Why do you live here?So this is his answer,but I seem to be having a problem with it.Now look at it with me close,he states,"been living in the C S R A off and on for 39 years"which is Augusta and surrounding metro area.First of all,I would like to know if the person here in question hates Augusta so much,why in the world would you keep coming back to the same area that you can't stand to be in? He goes on to say though,"Why do I stay,you ask?,famioly and friends here and a $169,000 morgage"Now he's been living here "off and on for 39 years",then he decides,hey,I hate this place so much,I'm gonna buy me a house here,$169,000 morgage.But see,he's somewhat of an expert of the best place to live because as he said"I have been to every major city in america(more than once)and all 48 states plus Canada and Mexico(more than once),and he tells me to "trust him on this,there's much better areas than this..."Believe me everybody,I want so much to "trust him on this",but I'm having a real hard time trying to trust him on anything he says because,after going all over this country and stating that there are much better areas than Augusta,he decides that this is where he wants to live and yet he's telling everybody on here every bad,evil,and nagative thing that he can think of about this city and just how much he hates it.I would just love an explanation for all of his contradictions on this forum and I'm sure anyone else reading this here would too.But don't anyone hold your breath,because I don't think any explanation is forthcoming,atleast not one that makes any sense to me or to you.When you read these posts on the Augusta Forum,just consider the source where it's coming from and don't take everything at "face value"Augusta really is a good place to live.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:14 PM

239 posts, read 702,881 times
well my house is way out in the country and i designed it myself and had it built.. next door to my property is my best friend and his family thats why i stay here. and as far as seeing the country i crisscross america several times a week yesterday i was in greenbay wi....i spent the night in milwaukee wi, this morning i was in chicago for a little while and tonight i am spending the night in toledo oh, by this time tommorrow night i will be in philly pa. then i am planning to head to quebec canada again....then will head home from there .....next week ???? i haven't given it much thought yet. so yes i see america more than most i interact with a lot of diffrent people and cultures ...and yes augusta ga has a lot of growing up to do to catch up with the rest of this country....if that offends you so????? get out of there see what the rest of america does indeed has to offer and you will see how depressing it can be to come back to an area like that but then again tomorrow i will be able to get me a great cheesesteak and gelato before i get back there ....

Old 09-06-2008, 07:16 PM

oh btw delta left augusta 8 years ago.....but you can get a puddle jumper to a decent airport.....

Old 09-06-2008, 08:56 PM

11,712 posts, read 24,847,060 times
Delta along with US Airways are carriers that serve Augusta Regional Airport: Augusta Regional Airport -- Carriers Not sure where you're getting Delta left Augusta eight years ago southernmeltdown. Now quit arguing over something silly you guys.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Delta along with US Airways are carriers that serve Augusta Regional Airport: Augusta Regional Airport -- Carriers Not sure where you're getting Delta left Augusta eight years ago southernmeltdown. Now quit arguing over something silly you guys.
you can check the augusta chronicle archives it's all there i think most of the problem was augusta not wanting to put more cash into bush field upgrades but there is a subsidiary of delta that runs the puddle jumpers to the big airports so you can catch a regular flight...i fly southwest usually to charlotte to change flights.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
well my house is way out in the country and i designed it myself and had it built.. next door to my property is my best friend and his family thats why i stay here. and as far as seeing the country i crisscross america several times a week yesterday i was in greenbay wi....i spent the night in milwaukee wi, this morning i was in chicago for a little while and tonight i am spending the night in toledo oh, by this time tommorrow night i will be in philly pa. then i am planning to head to quebec canada again....then will head home from there .....next week ???? i haven't given it much thought yet. so yes i see america more than most i interact with a lot of diffrent people and cultures ...and yes augusta ga has a lot of growing up to do to catch up with the rest of this country....if that offends you so????? get out of there see what the rest of america does indeed has to offer and you will see how depressing it can be to come back to an area like that but then again tomorrow i will be able to get me a great cheesesteak and gelato before i get back there ....
Well,again,for the benifit of anyone reading the Augusta Forum Threads,I hope you can all see how what a very poor and senseless excuse he gives for staying here in Augusta and yet also using this forum to make his bogus attacks in the place where he claims to have a $169,000 morgage on a house he designed and had built himself,by the way,can anyone firgue that one out,and does it matter whether your house is right here in the city or a metro or suburb of the city,it's still not some other great city or state he's referring to that's a better place to live.Next thing I want to point out is,he claims he has to stay here,you know,like he's tied down and stuck here,because his "best friend,and his family"live next door to him.But that begs the question,What should that even matter since as he says,"I crisscross America several times a week".I mean he's obviously not even around his friend that much,and anyway,someone's "best friend"would't want them to be as miserable as he is,living in a place he can't stand that he CHOOSES TO BE HIS HOME.A $169,000 morgage on a home you built yourself,that's bull,but even so,you can sell it off and go to what you think is paradice in this country.No,he would much rather "get off"as I'm sure he does,with living in "bad ol Augusta"and using this forum to argue with me about how terrible things are here compared to everywhere else in the nation he claims to have been.

Last edited by carolinapride; 09-07-2008 at 08:32 AM..

Old 09-07-2008, 08:31 AM

By the way,if anybody will look close at all the places he claims to have been since Saturday,September 6,from 4 PM,when he replied back to an earlier post of mine to 9 PM last night,when he made his last post on this thread,he appears to be doing nothing,but staying in the air,flying from one place to another and not actually visiting any of these places and how can you be enjoying anything or even taking care of any business if your always on this forum lashing back at me for defending "my beautiful hometown" to try and prove some point.????.The poster in question here,still hasn't stated what his goal or purpose is in "bashing my hometown",so he doesn't appear to have any and that's just what I been saying all alone.This guy is really stupid.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
What's Up g-man? Thanks for inserting that in your post.the thing is,whether Delta is here or has any connection to Augusta regional Airport,is just an attempt to dodge the core issue of the discussion.If you'll notice,I have brought up several points about the "poster here in question,and he has failed to give a valid reason for(1)Why he's living in a town he so hates and especially after 39 years of being here as he says"off and on",(2)What purpose or goal do you have in being on this forum in "trashing my hometown",the place also,you claim to have built a house in. You see,g-man,it just doesn't make any sense.The "Delta is ready when you are",is just a phrase I used to say,"if you don't like it here,you can always leave,but he obviously did't "catch on"Wasn't talking about Delta being here.That is so lame

Last edited by carolinapride; 09-07-2008 at 11:02 AM..

Old 09-07-2008, 01:02 PM

who said anything about flying anywhere for work ? i drive....and i have 2 weeks off a month to enjoy my land and house.....and i enjoy plenty of free time to do whatever i want....home or away....and live far enough out in the country that i don't have to deal with the city....you keep bringing up my house i mentioned in passing if you work hard and save you too can get your own piece of heaven out here in the wilds....we even have a county fair where you don't need a bulletproof vest to attend.....try the country you might like it....

Last edited by southernmeltdown; 09-07-2008 at 01:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area