Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2019, 09:04 AM

1,497 posts, read 1,517,402 times

Advertisements

Sounds like another dollar store. That should tell you the direction that part of town is heading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 09:08 AM

1,124 posts, read 924,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
Sounds like another dollar store. That should tell you the direction that part of town is heading.
No, think Ross or Burke’s but instead of mainly clothes it’s mainly stuff. Like very marked down stuff. Old Spice/Wooden Floor Planks/Car Stuff (like windshield wipers etc). It’s actually a great store, just random stuff. They’re just very cheesy.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:22 AM

61 posts, read 63,117 times
Definitely better than a dollar store. Have one here in Aiken. Similar to a big lots.

Old 11-22-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCoombes View Post
No, think Ross or Burke’s but instead of mainly clothes it’s mainly stuff. Like very marked down stuff. Old Spice/Wooden Floor Planks/Car Stuff (like windshield wipers etc). It’s actually a great store, just random stuff. They’re just very cheesy.
In that case, I stand by my statement even more. Kroger is leaving because thee area isn't as upscale anymore. So now Bargain Barn type stores are filling the gap. That area is steadily going downscale and that does not bode well for Thugusta Mall

Old 11-22-2019, 05:59 PM

1,124 posts, read 924,605 times
Quote:
In that case, I stand by my statement even more. Kroger is leaving because thee area isn't as upscale anymore. So now Bargain Barn type stores are filling the gap. That area is steadily going downscale and that does not bode well for Thugusta Mall
Maybe a new mall out on Riverwatch would fill in the gap if Augusta Mall declined (which I don’t see happening, but anything is possible. Every city I can think of has at least one destination mall. Think Haywood, SouthPark/Concord Mills, Mall of Georgia/Lenox/Phipps, Augusta Mall, Columbiana, Peachtree, and for Sav and CHS it’s a Tanger. No savvy investor would leave Augusta without a go to shopping mall. Even if it were to come back in the form of an outlet.

Old 11-25-2019, 01:45 PM

U don't see any new malls coming. Malls are an outdated concept. Back in the early 90s a mall was proposed at the Riverwatch Site. Nothing ever came of it. Augusta Mall is quickly turning into Thugusta Mall.

Old 11-25-2019, 03:06 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,386,175 times
Quote:
U don't see any new malls coming. Malls are an outdated concept. Back in the early 90s a mall was proposed at the Riverwatch Site. Nothing ever came of it. Augusta Mall is quickly turning into Thugusta Mall.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:23 PM

423 posts, read 447,365 times
I do not see Augusta Mall closing any time soon. Granted crime is an issue but its not anywhere near unmanageable as of yet provided both the city and the mall owners provide the resources to help keep it under control properly.
As for a new one being built along Riverwatch I do not see that happening mainly due to a lack of affordable acreage though you might see one or two stores deciding to relocate up towards Evans or over near where Jimmie Dyess connects to Gordon Hwy.

Old 11-27-2019, 12:42 PM

We completely stopped going to Thugusta Mall after witnessing what can best be described as a mob riot in the food court. No security or police ever came. Chairs were being thrown and I was surprised there were no gunshots. An elderly man was pushed to the ground. It was pure mayhem. After that we said that's enough. Nothing in the mall is worth putting up with that craziness. Yeah I don't see the mall closing since it is the only mall in the region but it is definitely taking on a more criminal, thuggish element

Old 11-28-2019, 06:07 AM

423 posts, read 447,365 times
Quote:
We completely stopped going to Thugusta Mall after witnessing what can best be described as a mob riot in the food court. No security or police ever came. Chairs were being thrown and I was surprised there were no gunshots. An elderly man was pushed to the ground. It was pure mayhem. After that we said that's enough. Nothing in the mall is worth putting up with that craziness. Yeah I don't see the mall closing since it is the only mall in the region but it is definitely taking on a more criminal, thuggish element
Odd, I have been in the mall a number of times and have passed the food court (I do not eat there due to both the prices and the noise) yet I have never noticed any problems.
What was the issue then? A run on Popeyes chicken sandwiches?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area