Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 09:50 PM

3,074 posts, read 3,261,909 times

Advertisements

Just curious, how many folks will be hanging out early at either the Domain or Barton Creek Apple stores for the iPhone 4 (or BestBuy or RatShack). If you are, are you getting there early to get your preorder, or did you miss/opt out of the preorder and are hoping to get one in store? How early are you planning on camping out?

BTW, I've noticed at least a couple of folks on craigslist who are "selling their spot in line", I assume they'll be out there sometime tomorrow to start camping out (or they might be there already?).

Old 06-22-2010, 09:56 PM

308 posts, read 1,467,870 times
will iphone 4G come out next month? which day? will it support CDMA?

Old 06-22-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayanh View Post
will iphone 4G come out next month? which day? will it support CDMA?
Odd, you seem to be impervious to Steve's RDF?

It officially comes out Thu, though some have received their's today (and some will get their's tomorrow, like hopefully me). No CDMA. AT&T is still the only US carrier.

BTW, it's the iPhone 4 (as in version 4), not 4G. There is no support for the 4G standard (or any of it's "sorta 4G" variants).

Old 06-22-2010, 10:38 PM

308 posts, read 1,467,870 times
ok, I will watch TV then and try to figure out which one in line you are, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Odd, you seem to be impervious to Steve's RDF?

It officially comes out Thu, though some have received their's today (and some will get their's tomorrow, like hopefully me). No CDMA. AT&T is still the only US carrier.

BTW, it's the iPhone 4 (as in version 4), not 4G. There is no support for the 4G standard (or any of it's "sorta 4G" variants).

Old 06-22-2010, 11:01 PM

207 posts, read 858,703 times
I read an article (on Engadget I think) where a guy was camping out somewhere in DFW as early as 6/19. Had a tent on the sidewalk, stocked cooler, etc. Thats just crazy.

My sister is getting an iPhone but she preordered so she will just walk into the store and pick it up.

Meanwhile, I have been playing with a better phone (HTC Evo) for 3 weeks

Old 06-22-2010, 11:41 PM

979 posts, read 2,955,008 times
I'll be waiting at my front door in the cool air conditioning for the fedex guy to show up with mine.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:01 AM

97 posts, read 251,582 times
I don't understand why the iPhone 4 is so special.

There is hype about the two cameras one in the front for video chat and of course the multitasking function which is technically not multitasking.

HTC already has a phone with video chat the (EVO) and it also comes with an 8 megapixel camera oh yeah... and multitasking ... and 4G

Apple is smart though in regards to marketing because a true apple fan boy will buy anything from them just like the Ipad. Whatever they make, the people will buy it!

I must admit though the Itunes market is better and I am looking forward to the next generation of smart phones!

Have fun standing in line everyone!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:30 AM

103 posts, read 259,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourbound129 View Post
I read an article (on Engadget I think) where a guy was camping out somewhere in DFW as early as 6/19. Had a tent on the sidewalk, stocked cooler, etc. Thats just crazy.

My sister is getting an iPhone but she preordered so she will just walk into the store and pick it up.

Meanwhile, I have been playing with a better phone (HTC Evo) for 3 weeks

LOL I saw that on engadget. I'm sorry but that guy is crazy. The iPhone 4 is nice though. But on getting the white HTC EVO that drops in July can't wait

Old 06-23-2010, 08:11 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,167,133 times
I will never stand in line to buy a gadget on opening day. Unlike something like tickets to an Eric Clapton concert, the gadget will still be available a few days or weeks later.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdTexas View Post
I don't understand why the iPhone 4 is so special.

There is hype about the two cameras one in the front for video chat and of course the multitasking function which is technically not multitasking.

HTC already has a phone with video chat the (EVO) and it also comes with an 8 megapixel camera oh yeah... and multitasking ... and 4G

Apple is smart though in regards to marketing because a true apple fan boy will buy anything from them just like the Ipad. Whatever they make, the people will buy it!

I must admit though the Itunes market is better and I am looking forward to the next generation of smart phones!

Have fun standing in line everyone!
Well, I don't want this to degenerate into a Apple vs non-Apple discussion, plenty of other forums for that. I'll just say that anyone who says "well product X has the same/more features" is likely missing a great deal of the point of the "value" that Apple products generally bring to the table. Just ask my highly non-tech savvy wife just how much she loves her iPad and she'll glow. Tell her that she could have the same "features" from a netbook or subnote and her eyes will glaze over. It works, it fits, that's what's important to her.

Anyway, my iphone will arrive tomorrow and my wife will get my 3Gs (and perhaps one of the kiddos will get her gen 1). No lines for this guy, way too old for that I like to know that the lines are there though, any signs of a strengthening economy is a net positive in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: