Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 09:50 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,491,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
We could be debating woke politics. So GFYS.
HaHa good one

oh yeah, just to **** someone off I'll mention that I killed another mosquito yesterday!

I think I will concede that maybe east of 35 has more mosquitoes...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2020, 05:35 PM

11,819 posts, read 8,027,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
HaHa good one

oh yeah, just to **** someone off I'll mention that I killed another mosquito yesterday!

I think I will concede that maybe east of 35 has more mosquitoes...lol
wasn't it like in the 40's yesterday?

Old 02-09-2020, 10:40 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,420,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
You’ve just become a troll and any suggestion of trying to learn about Austin is long gone. Do us all a favor and move on.

This right here. And it's been obvious almost from the very beginning.

Old 02-09-2020, 06:59 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,622,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
You’ve just become a troll and any suggestion of trying to learn about Austin is long gone. Do us all a favor and move on.
Why do you say that person "just became a troll" for sharing his or her perspective of living in Austin? The way I see it, from my unbiased perspective, the question at hand asks "what is it like living in Austin?" If that person sees Austin as "Anytown, USA", that doesn't make that person's perspective right or wrong. If that's his or her own personal truth, then it is what it is. A person speaking his or her "truth" is not trolling. At least I don't think it is. That person speaks only for his or her self and nobody else. It's not like that person is trying to change anybody's mind or convince somebody that Austin is "Anytown, USA", at least in the post you quoted he or she didn't.

Old 02-10-2020, 06:20 AM

23 posts, read 19,761 times
If you come from the north, the winter sun is warm and lovely. Locals have no idea...

Old 02-10-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenryFour View Post
If you come from the north, the winter sun is warm and lovely. Locals have no idea...
oh trust me I'm very well aware. Our winters are amazing. I've lived in Chicago and do not miss northern winters and will happily with a big giddy smile take an Austin summer over dealing with shoveling out my driveway every morning, becoming blinded in a blizzard of lake effect snow, sliding on ice coming off an offramp, rusting up the underside of my car with salted roads, or shivering like a popcycle waiting on a bus or train.

Old 02-13-2020, 01:05 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,457,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenryFour View Post
It's also lovely here in Texas. Once night falls, the temps plummet rapidly.

Summers up north are delightful! (No need to mention how much it sucks in Texas.)

Old 04-18-2020, 02:53 PM

206 posts, read 574,188 times
Do you live in Austin - we are considering moving there - just starting research -
It's hard with all the "don't come here" posts to figure out
I have friends that live in 78744 - lots of new construction there - Am going to focus on that for now
We both work from home - so don't need to be super close to a specific location.
Also - I can never find where I posted questions LOL
so if you want to tag me if you can or message me - that would help
thanks so much!!

Old 04-18-2020, 03:09 PM

I sometimes can't help but wonder if the 'don't come here' attitude works in adverse to their desires and actually allures more people to moving here.

People seem to always want what they can't have.

Old 04-20-2020, 02:34 PM

577 posts, read 457,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I sometimes can't help but wonder if the 'don't come here' attitude works in adverse to their desires and actually allures more people to moving here.

People seem to always want what they can't have.
I could definitely see that working on certain people. In my experience, it did seem like some people who just moved there were trying their hardest to 'blend in' and be accepted.

I personally found it off putting that I couldn't just be welcomed and accepted automatically, but I definitely could see this working on some people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin