Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2020, 10:32 AM

9,850 posts, read 13,692,217 times

Advertisements

Did a drive through test today. Two and a half hour wait and my nose is still recovering. It was not a bad experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 12:36 PM

11,785 posts, read 7,995,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Did a drive through test today. Two and a half hour wait and my nose is still recovering. It was not a bad experience.
How long does it take to get the results back?

Old 06-22-2020, 01:28 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,124,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
we did a drive through test, didnt have to wait and it took 5 days to get the results back. (seton nw)

Old 06-22-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
we did a drive through test, didnt have to wait and it took 5 days to get the results back. (seton nw)
Do they also do anti-body tests to see if you had it at a previous time?

Old 06-22-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Nurse said 4-7 days

Old 06-22-2020, 04:01 PM

15,268 posts, read 35,627,381 times
Quote:
Do they also do anti-body tests to see if you had it at a previous time?
Those are different, I think, in that they are not covered by insurance currently, they are very unreliable, and no is is 100 percent sure how immune you are if you do have antibodies. Certainly, there is a significant amount of immunity, but whether it is 99.9 percent or 90 percent, they aren't currently speculating.

Old 06-22-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Those are different, I think, in that they are not covered by insurance currently, they are very unreliable, and no is is 100 percent sure how immune you are if you do have antibodies. Certainly, there is a significant amount of immunity, but whether it is 99.9 percent or 90 percent, they aren't currently speculating.
Yeah.

I've been venturing out alittle more than normal lately, still using masks and taking precautions but it is so deafening looking at how severely retail has been effected by this and seeing everything still closed up. My guess is there is no hope in sight for these entities until a vaccine is created and even then it is sounding as though its possible to catch this thing twice (probably not heavily likely, but still possible) - My ultimate guess is this will roll out with flu vaccinations annually when a vaccine is finally administered and hopefully if the retail, entertainment, and travel industries haven't completely collapsed by then we will see an revitalization of these amenities.

On a side note I went up to DFW awhile back and saw Nebraska Furniture Mart's parking lot off of SRT was just filled with people and shoppers you couldn't pay me to go into an enclosure with that many people right now.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:

On a side note I went up to DFW awhile back and saw Nebraska Furniture Mart's parking lot off of SRT was just filled with people and shoppers you couldn't pay me to go into an enclosure with that many people right now.
I went furniture shopping in south Austin the week when the world reopened. It was crowded, but things were very spread out and I rarely Cosme into contact with anyone. I had a clear idea of the things I wanted and was in and out, though.

Old 06-22-2020, 07:50 PM

3,787 posts, read 6,998,694 times
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/publ...ions-in-texas/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105

What the heck is going on with the USA? Oh yeah..."opener up!!" It's insane at this point.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:24 AM

5,865 posts, read 11,921,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/publ...ions-in-texas/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105

What the heck is going on with the USA? Oh yeah..."opener up!!" It's insane at this point.
I don't think opening up is the issue here. At some point, we need to return to some sort of regular economy or risk a huge collapse. But it needs to be done intelligently. Grocery stores can't close so they've installed shields for the cashiers, provide hand sanitizer upon entrance, *require* masks and create spots on the floor to show you how far apart you should be. Employers have shifted to work from home where possible. Doctors and dentists are taking precautions and the list goes on. What's wrong is that people are just being stupid and think they can return to everyday normal life and stop taking precautions. Nothing has changed except that we have more knowledge about how it spreads and with that knowledge we should act accordingly - wear masks, social distance and frequent hand washing. It's not rocket science!

For the life of me, I can't figure out if people are just being stupid, dense or they really don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin