Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 08:23 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,858 times

Advertisements

Why is it that DC schools are among the worst in the nation, DESPITE being the best funded in the Nation. You figure it out! Proving it's NOT about the money!!

Old 06-13-2020, 09:48 PM

11,804 posts, read 8,012,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideNJ View Post
First off, I would not trust anything coming from the Comedy News Network, but reading the description of what transpired, that is a good shoot.

This is why uneducated, ultra liberal antifa recruits like Western92 are so deluded that they cannot comprehend the concept of what Law Enforcement entails. A situation where the car was blocking others turned out to go go from mild to wild very quickly.

But in true to form, the protests, looting and rioting proves the cops were already guilty before a proper shooting investigation/use of force investigation can take place. This country is in a sad state of affairs.
I personally am not going to point names or accuse anyone as to some decree I understand what they are saying but I personally respectfully disagree that our police should be replaced with social workers under conditions. I would be terrified of dialing 911 in a situation that could potentially escalate while the criminal (knowingly) knew the first person to arrive would be a peace mediator - dismissing them (or worse) only to have the situation you were in become extremely volatile afterward while now having to wait on a REAL cop.

I just don't think law enforcement is as clear cut and black and white as to determine when a social worker should go out vs a cop. I personally would rather someone who is prepared to handle things in the event things go south. I also think defunding the police is a terrible idea.. ..no offense to anyone.. but I can't forsee anything good coming out of that.

I don't mind things changing, but anything that may 'weaken' the police vs 'training' the police - I'm opposed to.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin