Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 11:28 AM

727 posts, read 304,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Art Acevado ruined Austin Police force, then corrupted Houston's and extorted their city council, and when things got HOT there(lying on affidavits) Art bailed and moved to Miami FL. to corrupt them and create the ultimate Police State there.

Bad Cops get good cops hurt and killed, by resentment.
Retaliation among the APD ranks, for blowing the whistle on a Bad Cop, keeps the Blue-Line Gang in check.
The worlds largest organized crime gang.... Us v. Them, attitudes runs through the Blue-Line (Freemason) Gang
I was going to make a post about Acevedo, I was going to move to Houston after retiring and went through the Fast Track process with HPD, I met Acevedo, he was an arrogant d-bag. Even some of the Officer's didn't like him. I saw his Miami Press Conference about the mass shooting and it seems like he changes his tune from area to area. I turned down HPD because I really didn't want to do the job anymore.

I don't know much about APD culture as I am fairly new here.

Old 06-02-2021, 01:13 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
BentBow is spot on about Acevedo, butI don’t know anything about the “Blue Line” culture in APD.
One of my nephews retired from the Kerrville PD recently after 30+ years of service. They had their problems too.
My wife’s nephew, a former Marine, is a K9 cop in Richardson. He is a pretty straight arrow like my brother’s son.

Old 06-02-2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
BentBow is spot on about Acevedo, butI don’t know anything about the “Blue Line” culture in APD.
One of my nephews retired from the Kerrville PD recently after 30+ years of service. They had their problems too.
My wife’s nephew, a former Marine, is a K9 cop in Richardson. He is a pretty straight arrow like my brother’s son.
I have encountered APD, DPS Troopers, Williamson/Travis County Sheriffs, Cedar Park, Round Rock, Leander and they all seem like good guys. I met them at ranges, restaurants, 7/11's etc.

I have had more then a few people tell me that Travis or Williamson Cty Sheriff don't mess around. That there was some sort of LivePD scandal?

One thing is for sure, the Police culture is different from the East Coast.

Old 06-02-2021, 01:41 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,646,924 times
A former APD officer was involved in an arrest during which the suspect died. There was a lawsuit, and at the same time that officer won the state lottery. The lawsuit went away 'somehow' and the officer ran for (and won) the sheriff job in Wm County. He craves publicity and was a social media darling. He (allegedly) promoted a culture of escalation because it made for 'good TV'. However, he tended to neglect the day-to-day sheriff's dept activities (like livestock theft), which got him on the bad side of some of the 'old' county residents. He was voted out in a landslide.

Lots of details left out (like another dead 'suspect'), but it is an interesting saga.

Wm County had a history of being a 'shoot first, ask the body questions later' type of place, back to Sheriff Boutwell or before. Then there was a series of incompetent leaders and criminal activity within the department.

Old 06-02-2021, 02:25 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Trainwreck is correct. Wilco’s last sheriff Chody is under indictment for his handling of some incidents including a death of a detainee, plus his TV fiasco. Not to mention some of his deputy hires turned out poorly.

Hope the new guy can clean it up.

Old 06-04-2021, 09:49 AM

539 posts, read 441,306 times
https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/wit...ly-reactionary

With APD's DWI unit suspended, drunk driving enforcement is mostly 'reactionary'

Remember everyone, the police were NOT defunded. The funds were simply diverted to social workers who are going to prevent people from driving drunk.

Old 06-04-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeva View Post
https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/wit...ly-reactionary

With APD's DWI unit suspended, drunk driving enforcement is mostly 'reactionary'

Remember everyone, the police were NOT defunded. The funds were simply diverted to social workers who are going to prevent people from driving drunk.
Wow. Just wow. I have the utmost respect for social workers. With that being said, DWI unit being dismantled is actually hurting people.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:02 AM

539 posts, read 441,306 times
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...d-departments/

...and now detectives are being sent back to patrol duty due to defunding. I hope certain posters here get their car stolen this summer. They can call a social worker to go find it for them.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:11 AM

11,812 posts, read 8,018,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeva View Post
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...d-departments/

...and now detectives are being sent back to patrol duty due to defunding. I hope certain posters here get their car stolen this summer. They can call a social worker to go find it for them.
Truth is if your car is stolen its pretty much gone anyway unless the thief is idiotic and goes joyriding. Both APD and WilCo will not look for it unless they happen to come across it on a whim. On another note, hit and runs are also ignored even if you have the offenders license tag unless you report there were injuries involved. If my car were stolen, I'm going to hope it's 'not' recovered as I would rather the insurance money and a replacement vehicle.

I have cellular fuel pump deactivation units on my vehicles though, I can deactivate them with my phone even while they're driving should I come to find them missing, also can track them so I guess I kind of contradict myself.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:28 AM

Does the Austin Police Union protest any of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin