Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:19 AM

3,202 posts, read 6,020,875 times

Advertisements

I think the only attractive women here can be found jogging around Town Lake, and that's only about 20% of them. I thought Lifetime Fitness in SW Austin would have more attractive women, but it's worse than Town Lake - maybe 10% would be considered attractive. I guess women here don't have to try hard because the ratios are in their favor. It doesn't matter to me, though being a serial monogomist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 08:26 AM

732 posts, read 2,126,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
It doesn't matter to me, though being a serial monogomist.
So am I and with the way it is here it sure makes it easy to stay that way. I better hang on to the one I have because with the sausage party in town the odds are not in my favor.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:39 AM

732 posts, read 2,126,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
It's never about being "as loyal as your options". If you love your girl and want to eventually marry her, that's what matters.
Well, there's that too. That isn't as interesting to talk about though except for the two people involved.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:49 AM

1,445 posts, read 3,268,510 times
Yes, i would agree with that, but I have certainly seen my fair share of fat people in central austin as well. But, lots of fit people too. The fatter suburbs and the rest of Austin?? I tend to think it has to do with the 10 vehicle line of pickups and SUV's waiting at the Macdonalds drive thru while there is NO line inside the restaurant. This is almost a daily occurance when I drive past the Macdonalds at AR Drive and Parmer in the early mornings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinking View Post
I didn't read the whole thread because it is old but when I read the tread title of Austin having the most beautiful people I immediately thought, "WRONG! That would be Montreal". My family took a trip to SE Canada a few years ago and went through about 5 cities. In most of them the people looked perfectly average. Not ugly and not attractive. I felt like we were super models. Then we got to Montreal and all of a sudden we were ogres. Montreal is where Canada keeps all of it's beautiful people.

America does NOT keep it's beautiful people in Austin. I am rarely impressed by a womans physical beauty here. A lot of perfectly average to be found as well as a lot of chins that will make Jay Leno's look small.

The Austin is such a fit city thing must just be concentrated to central Austin or even just Town Lake. I really see just as many out of shape people in the metro area here as anywhere else. It must be all of the irresistible barbecue.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:58 AM

152 posts, read 280,993 times
I think there are a lot of pretty people in Austin (heart as well as body), but in SoCal around the beach towns the general population is in much better shape than in Austin...

Old 01-24-2011, 12:08 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,527,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave bacon View Post
I think there are a lot of pretty people in Austin (heart as well as body), but in SoCal around the beach towns the general population is in much better shape than in Austin...
Not to mention New York City, which has better-looking women and a lot less fat people than Austin.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,382 times
haha...miss America pageants always have the most Texas contestants...but how representative are a few 2-3 women compared to the entire Texas state population? I've visited Texas and particularly their best cities (Austin, Dallas, houston) and most of the women need braces, facial plastic surgery, and liposuction for any real visible good looks. no wonder heavy alcohol is required. and uh, constant barbecuing will have early visible repercussions that most texas girls know to hide with their flamboyant village people clothes. you can fool a liquored up cowboy but not someone who has any relative sophistication.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:34 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Lot of ugly people posting on this thread.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:48 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinking View Post
The Austin is such a fit city thing must just be concentrated to central Austin or even just Town Lake. I really see just as many out of shape people in the metro area here as anywhere else. It must be all of the irresistible barbecue.
In Pictures: America's Most Obese Cities - Forbes.com

Old 02-01-2011, 09:55 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldtravelor-lol View Post
haha...miss America pageants always have the most Texas contestants...
This coming from someone who can't even spell their own handle...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin