Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 12:46 AM

5,065 posts, read 7,530,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_bre View Post
What's it like to live here? BORING!
Another bored perthling. Join the club, you have got lots of friends on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 01:28 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,153,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Another bored perthling. Join the club, you have got lots of friends on this forum.
LOL Perth cops it. Again.
I hope Perth Tourism doesn't check this site

Old 02-12-2012, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
LOL Perth cops it. Again.
I hope Perth Tourism doesn't check this site
Maybe they should

Old 02-12-2012, 01:42 AM

201 posts, read 417,300 times
This is Perth, the largest city in the world!

Old 02-12-2012, 03:41 AM

23 posts, read 50,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornnb View Post
Get to the east coast then, and try a better bigger city than Perth. You've got to experience Sydney or Melbourne before you can fairly judge Australia.
I have actually experienced both of them quite a lot and while better than Perth, are still lacking in what I'm personally looking for in a city.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:12 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,601,223 times
While on the topic of bagging Perth...

Old 02-12-2012, 05:25 AM

201 posts, read 417,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
While on the topic of bagging Perth...
Hehe, and it's true that we would be stuffed without Perth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_bre View Post
I have actually experienced both of them quite a lot and while better than Perth, are still lacking in what I'm personally looking for in a city.
Which is?

Old 02-12-2012, 10:21 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,741,002 times
Yeah, nah. Do Australians in other cities say that? I never could figure it out but found myself saying it. And getting annoyed every time I did. Yeah, nah ...

Great video. So true. Kitchen's closed, it's only 9 o'clock .... experienced that myself. Friday night, on the coast. Just wanted a coffee and piece of cake after a movie, restaurant mostly full, people still eating. Was told: Sorry, kitchen's closed. Then they whinge how restaurants are doing it tough, can't make money.

Another thing I'd find myself saying ... coffee's so much better/cheaper in Melbourne.

Poor Perth.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Yeah, nah. Do Australians in other cities say that? I never could figure it out but found myself saying it. And getting annoyed every time I did. Yeah, nah ...

Great video. So true. Kitchen's closed, it's only 9 o'clock .... experienced that myself. Friday night, on the coast. Just wanted a coffee and piece of cake after a movie, restaurant mostly full, people still eating. Was told: Sorry, kitchen's closed. Then they whinge how restaurants are doing it tough, can't make money.

Another thing I'd find myself saying ... coffee's so much better/cheaper in Melbourne.

Poor Perth.
First time ive ever heard it to my knowledge, its really annoying, especially spoken in that girls strong accent.

However its also really catchy, i can't get it our of my head

Old 02-12-2012, 04:36 PM

23 posts, read 50,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornnb View Post
Hehe, and it's true that we would be stuffed without Perth.

Which is?
I like cities with a lot of culture and history. Cities that have established their own identity! I find Australian cities, while they slightly vary from each other they are all still 'Australian' to international people...not like in America. You couldn't compare NYC to Los Angeles, or Miami to San Francisco.

Basically New York is everything I want from a city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand