Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 06:01 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,837,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinawagner View Post
In general Australians are very much racist. They will not show you that but deep down they are when it comes to work or friendships or even as a neighbours. I live here and believe me I know that very well.
I am not talking about upper class of people , intelligent people because those people know that besides Australia there are many other countries on our Earth.
What kind of people did you work/mix with?

Can you show some examples of their racism? (not denying some Aussies are racist, I've experienced it first hand, but I'm curious as to how you've drawn these conclusions)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 06:13 AM

37 posts, read 51,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
What kind of people did you work/mix with?

Can you show some examples of their racism? (not denying some Aussies are racist, I've experienced it first hand, but I'm curious as to how you've drawn these conclusions)
I know that from Australians , people who worked in office so they were not really low class of people.
That was always kind of jelousy whether you were smarter or European.I lived in USA for long time I never met such a racist people as in Australia.Sure it is racist towards blacks in USA but I am talking about white people.

I noticed you are in Melbourne, I lived there for many years. People are more cosmopolitan there.

Merry Christmas to you !

Old 12-07-2013, 06:14 AM

284 posts, read 332,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1098 View Post
Did you not read the link I provided? Are you totally ignorant of the subtext to their message?
Nope, it's just that we have a racist here

Old 12-07-2013, 06:15 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,239,521 times
Australia and Australian's are gruff and unrefined

Period

Experience for yourself, come here to California. It's better in every regard than ****NEY

Old 12-07-2013, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinawagner View Post
I know that from Australians , people who worked in office so they were not really low class of people.
That was always kind of jelousy whether you were smarter or European.I lived in USA for long time I never met such a racist people as in Australia.Sure it is racist towards blacks in USA but I am talking about white people.

I noticed you are in Melbourne, I lived there for many years. People are more cosmopolitan there.

Merry Christmas to you !
I'm from Perth, also worked in the country. I have noticed a bit more racism here - in terms of things like name calling, but not so much discrimination. I did, however, witness racism in Melbourne not long ago. Heard some yelling, a bloke in an orange vest was yelling out of his ute to the driver beside him, 'What are you doing, you idiot? Go back to Africa you black ****!' Dunno what happened, but yeah road rage with a hefty dose of racism. But in general yeah, Melbourne certainly FEELS less racist/insular than Perth.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Australia and Australian's are gruff and unrefined

Period

Experience for yourself, come here to California. It's better in every regard than ****NEY
I have. Got a rude welcome to your country (are you American?) at LAX. The airport staff chastised me and other passengers like naughty children, I experienced service from government workers that were similar. There were nice Americans though, for sure, and I find it hard to believe you did not meet lots of nice Aussies here.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:37 AM

30 posts, read 58,651 times
Never heard of any major racial tension between Aussies and the Japanese. If anything, Australians love Japan - we have a very close relationship with the people and the country. OP is talking bogus rubbish.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:10 AM

990 posts, read 1,946,640 times
Quote:
Well many countries fish sharks and tuna, so it'd be hard to target Australia over it. But yes, I notice how with Australia they blame the government, whereas whaling is somehow a reflection of Japanese culture being barbaric.

Interesting about that...there was a lot of outcry against PETA for that campaign. While I do sort of support Sea Shepherd, I know there are those among them that think we shouldn't be eating animals at all.

I think the latter is merely because Sea Shepherd is based here, if I'm not mistaken?
Sea Shepherd's headquarters are in the USA, where they are currently under trial. They are not technically based in Australia, but thats where they have their major support base, and I just wondered why its Australia out of all countries.

So because Japan is one of the few countries in the world where whales are hunted its a reflection of Japanese culture being somehow barbaric, whereas shark and tuna fishing in Australia is not a reflection of Australian culture just because there is other countries who does that? That does not make any sense, and thats why Sea Shepherd is biased and racist.

One of the worst and most disgusting things they ever did was when they came to the Faroe Islands and drove around in a van with dead pilot whales on it during the Ólavsøka, the Faroese national day, and yelled at and harassed the locals to stop killing whales, even though the event was not related to whaling at all.

Whaling, which is done by hand and only with very small cetaceans, is an important part of Faroese culture and the species they hunt is pilot whales, and abundant and non-endangered species. This is not done by some large ships, but simply on the shores and at the beach. Occationally, they may also hunt white sided dolphins, who are not endangered either. When you go to another country you respect the culture, you do not drive around in a van harassing locals including children, I would personally not have anything against seeing those so-called "activists" beaten up by the locals for Sea Shepherd's disgusting and immoral behavior, but that will not happen, cause the Faroese are too polite and peaceful to do anything like that.

The Faroe Islands does probably less damage to the ocean environment than any other country in Europe, and they are some of the friendliest people on earth. Only true immoral people like Sea Shepherd could harass a people like that and call them barbarians in their own country.

I am glad to see that there is at least one Australian, Kate Sanderson, who is on the side of the peaceful Faroe Islands, check out this, listen when she reads the content of these letters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hfWLorQ4gs

All of this hatred is because pilot whales, an extremely common and plentiful ocean animal, is seen as food in the Faroe Islands and therefore hunted. It does not take more than 2 minutes to kill one, usually less than 1 minute, it is done with a whale knife that you use to sever the neck from the spine on them, killing them instantly.

Last edited by Helsingborgaren; 12-07-2013 at 10:38 AM..

Old 12-07-2013, 11:37 AM

124 posts, read 196,564 times
Quote:
I have. Got a rude welcome to your country (are you American?) at LAX. The airport staff chastised me and other passengers like naughty children, I experienced service from government workers that were similar. There were nice Americans though, for sure, and I find it hard to believe you did not meet lots of nice Aussies here.
The imbecile made mention of our immigrants not speaking English, but look where he/she/it lives now LOL.
How could someone with such an attitude make friends or find friendly people?

Old 12-07-2013, 12:37 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,744,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusPetersson View Post
Sea Shepherd's headquarters are in the USA, where they are currently under trial. They are not technically based in Australia, but thats where they have their major support base, and I just wondered why its Australia out of all countries.
Really? You do realise they are even a registered charity in the UK, for example? And no, they do not enjoy that status in Australia.

Seriously, I really can't see why you have such issues with Sea Shepard. You use the same vitriolic and hate filled style they do to advance your owns views. You don't even seem to have issues with people being subliminally branded nazis - or at least pretend not to notice.

I've always been anti-whaling. However, to me groups like Sea Shepard seemed to embrace "the ends justices the means" approach that is a pretty slippery slope. But they now seem like simply the alter ego of pro whalers like yourself.

Last edited by Richard1098; 12-07-2013 at 01:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand