Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 07:35 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,956,021 times

Advertisements

Hopefully it will not. I don't want 10 million people living here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 05:41 PM

6,046 posts, read 5,956,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Hopefully it will not. I don't want 10 million people living here
Not one in their right mind would want turbo population growth, amounting to lower living standards and a host of other issues.

But you won't have much choice. It doesn't matter which of the two parties you vote, and both have identical policy on the subject.

The reason being a lack of any idea other than population importation, how to keep the wagon upright , after so many flaws, allowance of vested interests undue influence that should never have been entertained.

It'll hard to stop now, as main contributor to GDP, suppressing wage growth, and the big one maintaining the exorbitant rate of house prices in this country.

Old 09-10-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I didn't ask you about WA, I asked you about your thoughts on the Police state in Victoria and their loss of civil liberties. I can understand why you don't want to be drawn on your rank hypocrisy and I agree it is exceptionally narrow self interest and party politics from Dan, but the continued lying must surely bother you troubes?
You really need to get a grip on your flaming, of the Andrew's government. It's become an obsession and a bad look.

No other state in Australia is or has experienced the disease rate that Victoria has and remains (at an ever declining level) nor the mortality rate.

He is doing what is required under public health to bring the situation under control, and is appears to be succeeding.
What he has undertaken under extreme cross fire from The Alt Right (as yourself) and Right controlled press, is to only push the business line as has been done the world over.
Most world leaders caved in. Andrew's has not. Respect should be offered for undertaking the tough and thankless job. Not the constant attempt to get tired old dogma out and dress it like being concerned with anything other than ideology.

Be honest. You would prefer to go with Tony Abbott and sacrifice tens of thousands in the process and 'dress it up' as you really care.

Old 09-10-2020, 11:21 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
You really need to get a grip on your flaming, of the Andrew's government. It's become an obsession and a bad look.

No other state in Australia is or has experienced the disease rate that Victoria has and remains (at an ever declining level) nor the mortality rate.

He is doing what is required under public health to bring the situation under control, and is appears to be succeeding.
What he has undertaken under extreme cross fire from The Alt Right (as yourself) and Right controlled press, is to only push the business line as has been done the world over.
Most world leaders caved in. Andrew's has not. Respect should be offered for undertaking the tough and thankless job. Not the constant attempt to get tired old dogma out and dress it like being concerned with anything other than ideology.

Be honest. You would prefer to go with Tony Abbott and sacrifice tens of thousands in the process and 'dress it up' as you really care.
No troubes, I would have preferred that he didn't completely stuff up quarantine, lose further control due to ineffective contact tracing, lie to the commission, lock people in their homes unnecessarily and blame the WHO and Police for the unnecessary step as confirmed by both the WHO and police.

So no, he isn't doing what is required under public health as a simple matter of unquestionable fact.

Why you would shill for such a disaster for their people and economy, and the trampling of their rights is really interesting.

I'll leave it there unless something changes worth commenting on. Your base hypocrisy is on full display and doesn't require any more sunlight.

Old 09-11-2020, 01:32 AM

Quote:
No troubes, I would have preferred that he didn't completely stuff up quarantine, lose further control due to ineffective contact tracing, lie to the commission, lock people in their homes unnecessarily and blame the WHO and Police for the unnecessary step as confirmed by both the WHO and police.

So no, he isn't doing what is required under public health as a simple matter of unquestionable fact.

Why you would shill for such a disaster for their people and economy, and the trampling of their rights is really interesting.

I'll leave it there unless something changes worth commenting on. Your base hypocrisy is on full display and doesn't require any more sunlight.
Dan's the Man, as I'm sure in your quieter, more considered moments, with some reflection you'd come to see sense. Well not really, but hardly here or there.

Victoria is achieved desired results, through Dan's steadfast approach regardless of the braying of the opposition.

The results will speak for themselves, rather sooner than later, I suspect. The alternative would have been the danger of having the Victorian hospital system overwhelmed.

The repetition of your posts does not somehow lead to validity. Although repetitive/simplistic messaging is well known to achieve the desired results.

The hypocrisy is yours. Only mentioning The Fed's and poor state of affairs even pre virus, with especially the locking up of people withiin borders.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:03 AM

570 posts, read 508,988 times
So since jobseeker and jobkeeper is having cuts this week, a LOT of business in Melbourne won’t survive while the city being still in stage 4. I feel sad for the city and the lack of more support by the federal government to help more financially Melbourne residents

Old 10-04-2020, 01:40 AM

Well I'm back from a week in Port Douglas and the Daintree and just catching up on some news. Much has happened!

We've seen the WA Premier say the quiet part out loud.... the bit we always knew; he is keeping his state locked down to other States for reasons unrelated to public health. He has admitted that it is for the purpose of keeping citizens there so they won't spend their money in other States.

Well we have known this since back in July when his CHO advised that he could open to SANT with no additional risk to residents.

What is it with this bloke and Dan? Removing liberties from their people for their own benefit and perogative....

Old 10-04-2020, 08:03 PM

4,227 posts, read 4,892,476 times
Quote:
Well I'm back from a week in Port Douglas and the Daintree and just catching up on some news. Much has happened!

We've seen the WA Premier say the quiet part out loud.... the bit we always knew; he is keeping his state locked down to other States for reasons unrelated to public health. He has admitted that it is for the purpose of keeping citizens there so they won't spend their money in other States.

Well we have known this since back in July when his CHO advised that he could open to SANT with no additional risk to residents.

What is it with this bloke and Dan? Removing liberties from their people for their own benefit and perogative....
I missed those comments McGowan made. Just reading them now. He's basically just torpedoed himself when Palmer takes this to court. He has literally admitted that he is acting unconstitutionally.

Old 10-05-2020, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
I missed those comments McGowan made. Just reading them now. He's basically just torpedoed himself when Palmer takes this to court. He has literally admitted that he is acting unconstitutionally.
Yep. He couldn't maintain the discipline of Dan Andrews to persist with the lies. Dan has taken his lies so far he has no choice now.

Old 10-09-2020, 12:31 AM

9 posts, read 9,456 times
Even in the midst of all this, to me Melbourne unequivocally retains its title as events capital," Mr Cossar said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand