Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 04:53 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times

Advertisements

well rowdy is definitely back after winning at michigan in the xfinity race today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 06:23 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,668,155 times
It was honestly good to see Kyle get that first win... too bad his good fortune did not follow him into Sunday.. Sundays race was beyond aggravating.. I think the new Dryers hurt more than they helped... chances are if they didn't have those new dryers they likely would have gotten the track dry the first time just about in time for the next big down pour which would have pushed the race into Monday (today).

I don't know..since I was not at the race, i guess i would have preferred a full 200 laps on Monday vs a start and stop 130 laps on Sunday... i guess those fans at the track probably didn't feel that way.

Are there lights at Michigan???? I didn't see any..

Old 06-15-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
It was honestly good to see Kyle get that first win... too bad his good fortune did not follow him into Sunday.. Sundays race was beyond aggravating.. I think the new Dryers hurt more than they helped... chances are if they didn't have those new dryers they likely would have gotten the track dry the first time just about in time for the next big down pour which would have pushed the race into Monday (today).

I don't know..since I was not at the race, i guess i would have preferred a full 200 laps on Monday vs a start and stop 130 laps on Sunday... i guess those fans at the track probably didn't feel that way.

Are there lights at Michigan???? I didn't see any..
no, no lights at michigan. as for pushing the race to monday, that might have beent he better way to go than the constant starting and stopping of the race, and if it happened at the right time then perhaps kyle would have been in the race at the end rather than having a serious problem getting to the championship even if he wins a couple of races. he needed to finish in the top 16 average in all his races and get a win to get in. chances are unless he goes on a tear and finishes in the top ten along with winning a race or two he wont he competing for the championship this year.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:49 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well rowdy is definitely back after winning at michigan in the xfinity race today.
I like Kyle because he is exciting to watch and will do whatever it takes to win a race.However I don't think he is a championship quality driver. Drivers like Johnson, Gordon know that when you are driving a fifth place car you take the five and go home. Kyle will crash a fifth place car trying for the win.
Not saying he will never win a championship but he has to learn how to accept what the car is giving you and go with that.

Same holds true for Keselosky, Hamlin and others.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:50 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,028,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I like Kyle because he is exciting to watch and will do whatever it takes to win a race.However I don't think he is a championship quality driver. Drivers like Johnson, Gordon know that when you are driving a fifth place car you take the five and go home. Kyle will crash a fifth place car trying for the win.
Not saying he will never win a championship but he has to learn how to accept what the car is giving you and go with that.

Same holds true for Keselosky, Hamlin and others.
Oh definately! Kyle is a Checkers or Wreckers kind of driver! He certainly can be fun to watch when he is going for it! (Same for Brad K)

I really think Hamlin was on pace to pick up a title before he suffered the back injury. Since then, he seems more inconsistent to me. Although, to be honest, it could be inconsistencies in general at JGR this year too, as I have also felt Kenseth has seemed a little more inconsistent. Maybe some growing pains for all the teams as they adjust to adding the 4th car.

The latest Chase format might help the Checkers or Wreckers guys pick up titles in the long run. Consistency is good for the first 26, but then, race wins guarantee moving forward through the rounds.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:30 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,587,398 times
The new aero package at Kentucky should be pretty interesting. At the very least it will look better.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:24 PM

well kyle has taken the first step to getting into the chase, by winning at sonoma. now he just needs to make up 136 points to get into 30th in points in the next ten races. its possible, but he needs to finish thirteenth or better on average the rest of the way to do it.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:39 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well kyle has taken the first step to getting into the chase, by winning at sonoma. now he just needs to make up 136 points to get into 30th in points in the next ten races. its possible, but he needs to finish thirteenth or better on average the rest of the way to do it.
Great win for Kyle and interesting how Kurt's car ran out of steam the last two laps.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:00 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,668,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Great win for Kyle and interesting how Kurt's car ran out of steam the last two laps.
I am pretty sure Kurt used his car up trying to catch brother Kyle.. at least that's his story!

Old 06-29-2015, 01:10 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,863,747 times
The Busch boys don't watch out they're going to become likeable. lol Good to see a bit of humility with them. No doubt about their talent as drivers. That dirt save by Kurt was pretty good - even if more luck than talent. They don't race boring that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing