Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 07:10 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times

Advertisements

I'm just surprised how many NASCAR fans watch the Grammy's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2024, 07:18 AM

5,175 posts, read 4,949,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Were they watching the Grammy's or just not watching the Clash?

Old 02-06-2024, 07:37 AM

5,675 posts, read 5,887,642 times
Quote:
Older fans, yes, but the younger generation Nascar is trying tp lure in, the Swiftys and that age group, probably were, and probably would have regardless if the race had ran Sunday. I dont think many "fans" would have watched it anyways based on things I read aroud the internet, and having other races on primetime Sunday night is going to cause ratings drops I think, at least on the east coast where many people have to get up and go to work sooner than the west coast would.

Old 02-06-2024, 09:42 AM

6,459 posts, read 3,150,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Older fans, yes, but the younger generation Nascar is trying tp lure in, the Swiftys and that age group, probably were, and probably would have regardless if the race had ran Sunday. I dont think many "fans" would have watched it anyways based on things I read around the internet, and having other races on primetime Sunday night is going to cause ratings drops I think, at least on the east coast where many people have to get up and go to work sooner than the west coast would.
Well put. It appears that they, NASCAR, are trying to churn up west coast viewership, which traditionally hasn't been strong, but the way I see it, it's at the expense of the east coast viewers, which have been the backbone of the viewers. As you say, most east coasters have to get up for work, Monday morning, so they're far less inclined to stay up to 11pm-12am, to watch the entire race. For that matter, I'm long retired, and I simply don't want to stay up that late, work or not.....

Old 02-06-2024, 10:06 AM

Kevin Harvick Inc (KHI) to field two cars for Late Model with a mix of drivers in 2024.

Old 02-06-2024, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Kevin Harvick Inc (KHI) to field two cars for Late Model with a mix of drivers in 2024.
Didnt I read he has a deal with Toyota now to run the Camry in the CARS series?

Old 02-07-2024, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Didnt I read he has a deal with Toyota now to run the Camry in the CARS series?
I read that he is open to any manufacturer at this time.

Old 02-07-2024, 09:02 AM

5,217 posts, read 6,150,147 times
I am seeing where Dale Jr is currently working with NBC to determine where he will be 2024 I can’t help but think about how much I enjoyed watching Dave Despain Sunday nights on the Speed Channel so many years ago for my racing fix and news.

So much has changed since then in the broadcast booth, streaming, podcasts, and blogs now as far as everything and anything concerning NASCAR news.

Strange I would have thought they would have made it a priority of locking Dale Jr down so as another network didn’t grab him. Is it correct that NBC doesn’t pick up any races to broadcast until June 2024?

Old 02-07-2024, 09:24 AM

I like what I'm hearing from Dale and DBC guys about returning the Clash to its original roots at Daytona.

Going back to pole winners, past champions, etc... Many fear that it will just be a wreck fest, but maybe NASCAR can figure out the rules package to help alleviate that.

Old 02-07-2024, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
I am seeing where Dale Jr is currently working with NBC to determine where he will be 2024 I can’t help but think about how much I enjoyed watching Dave Despain Sunday nights on the Speed Channel so many years ago for my racing fix and news.

So much has changed since then in the broadcast booth, streaming, podcasts, and blogs now as far as everything and anything concerning NASCAR news.

Strange I would have thought they would have made it a priority of locking Dale Jr down so as another network didn’t grab him. Is it correct that NBC doesn’t pick up any races to broadcast until June 2024?
Been that way, for a long time, even before it was just NBC. Fox has hadthe first half of the season sine 01.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing