Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 08:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times

Advertisements

Our Tahoe gets 18-20 mpg and for me is very comfortable and having been through the minivan thing I don't think you look as cool in them. Aren't looks everything??
Seriously though, I have some medical conditions that make it hard for me to continuously bend my neck and back getting in and out of a vehicle and need a certain type of seat that unfortunately the foreign cars don't make. Most all have the euro style seats which kills me and Honda for example does not offer (8-12 way) fully adjustable passenger seats. The big pity is GM just started the same thing as the foriegn jobs on the '07-'08 models.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 09:32 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,240,802 times
The worst handling on earth and the rollover thing keeps me away.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:40 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
You can tow a boat, seadoos, campers and trailers with a Honda Odyssey (rated 3500 pounds with the tow package). Some people need to tow more than that, but it's more the exception than the rule. There is also way more space in my van than your Tahoe. I looked it up and the cargo space with the second and third rows folded down in my Odyssey is 147.4 cubic feet compared to a Tahoe's 97 cubic feet. Plus, aren't Tahoe's V8's, getting like 14 mpg? American made? Forget it. I could go on, but I'll leave it at that.

But I'm not one to tell you what to buy or not buy. People buy inferior products and services every day, and that's certainly the American way.

See Shannon, this is the kind ignorance I'm talking about I drive a SUBURBAN and specifically have stated such many times. There is a HUGE difference between a Tahoe and a Suburban. LOL!!! We deal with this kind of ignorance on a daily basis almost. Trust me, if you were with us for one day after awhile you'd be thinking the word "ignornant" was WAY too mild . Like the idiot fireman one time during an inspection that told us he wanted all of X and Y chained up in case there is a fire and they have to come in and ROTFLMBO!!! Honey, if there is a fire in here you will see me RUNNING the other way and I sure as heck would not recommend ANYONE "going in". A Tahoe just will not work for us either just as a minivan like the Oydessy will not. For example it will be either tomorrow or first thing next week that I will have to take out my 3rd row seat in my SUBURBAN in order to haul the amount of cargo that I NEED TO!

Tow 3500lbs, LOL!!! Sorry, I need more than that.

Face it folks and give it up. There are people like me out there that MUST have a large SUV. I may not need it everyday but before I was in the financial position that I am now I could not afford a 2nd vehicle to use when I did not. That and a place to park another vehicle. Something many of you seem to forget about. So if your neighbor that MUST have a large SUV several times a week can finally afford a smaller car on off days I'd bet anything you would also be the same ones complaining about them having X number of vehicles at their house. LOL!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 10:15 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
See Shannon, this is the kind ignorance I'm talking about I drive a SUBURBAN and specifically have stated such many times. There is a HUGE difference between a Tahoe and a Suburban. LOL!!! We deal with this kind of ignorance on a daily basis almost. Trust me, if you were with us for one day after awhile you'd be thinking the word "ignornant" was WAY too mild . Like the idiot fireman one time during an inspection that told us he wanted all of X and Y chained up in case there is a fire and they have to come in and ROTFLMBO!!! Honey, if there is a fire in here you will see me RUNNING the other way and I sure as heck would not recommend ANYONE "going in". A Tahoe just will not work for us either just as a minivan like the Oydessy will not. For example it will be either tomorrow or first thing next week that I will have to take out my 3rd row seat in my SUBURBAN in order to haul the amount of cargo that I NEED TO!

Tow 3500lbs, LOL!!! Sorry, I need more than that.

Face it folks and give it up. There are people like me out there that MUST have a large SUV. I may not need it everyday but before I was in the financial position that I am now I could not afford a 2nd vehicle to use when I did not. That and a place to park another vehicle. Something many of you seem to forget about. So if your neighbor that MUST have a large SUV several times a week can finally afford a smaller car on off days I'd bet anything you would also be the same ones complaining about them having X number of vehicles at their house. LOL!!!
As I mentioned, you're the exception to the rule momof2dfw. I would venture to guess most people never take out any of the seats. Most of the Tahoes I see are carrying a Mom and 2 - 3 kids in the back (squeezed together in the second row like sardines). Call me ignorant, but Suburbans, Yukons, Cadillac SUV's, they're all the same boats in my eyes. And what's with the soccer Mom's getting the tricked out chrome wheels on their Tahoes and Yukons lately LOL?

jimj, definitely the Pathfinder seemed cooler to drive, and was an ego stroker, but what a stupid vehicle that was. My wife still won't let me live that one down. Purely an emotional buy. I was actually sort of embarrassed when we first started looking at Odyssey's (and the Nissan Quest), because I only seemed to see old people driving them. Now I see Odysseys EVERYWHERE.

btw momof2dfw, the Suburban has 137.4 cubic feet, still smaller than the Odyssey. But hey, if it doesn't work for you, I'm not making money selling Honda's or anything, and I won't give you a hard time. Just pointing out some things that I did not even realize about those horrible minivans (dun dun dunnnn!!!!!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive