Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 09:10 PM

297 posts, read 740,798 times

Advertisements

IMO Speedy, most of the people who are posting just think the guy is doing you a "favor" by knocking you down the proverbial peg or two by parking next to you.

I bet if you replaced the word "Corvette" with "car" you wouldn't get the same kind of inane responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 09:12 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Rant ahead:

So tonight after work, I decide to stop at Fry's (grocery store) and pick up a few necessities- beer, olives, Mt. Dew, fried chicken- the usual. I ALWAYS, ALWAYS park away from EVERYONE else no matter what vehicle I'm driving, I don't need my car dented, dinged, or scratched so I always park at the end of the row away from all cart returns and other vehicles as well as entrances/exits. It might be a little walk but it's much better to be safe than sorry in my opinion.

Because it was a fairly nice day and I wasn't getting many groceries, I drove my Corvette. I park at the end of the parking lot, away from every other vehicle. I do NOT take up two spaces, just a single space right between the lines. I go inside and get my few items. I come out about 15 minutes later and I immediately see some ****ing jack*** in a POS 90's Honda Civic with the mirrors taped to the vehicle and the bumper almost dragging on the ground has parked INCHES away from my driver side allowing me NO access from my driver side door into my car. I have to climb OVER the center console to get into the drivers seat. I'm both embarrassed and IRATE at this point, I literally wanted to wait for this SOB who did this and punch him right in the ****ing mouth.

I checked the door for damage which there was none, no scratches or dings. I made sure to check everywhere to be sure he didn't **** up something else on my vehicle but luckily I didn't find anything wrong.

But who the HELL does this?! Don't people have any respect for other's property?! I'm minding my own damn business, I park away and want my vehicle to be left alone.

What's up with people nowadays?! I've NEVER had something like this happen before and I live in a fairly upscale area where nice vehicles are everywhere, why the Hell am I the unlucky one?!

Had to rant.
I suggest you drop your personal parking lot honor code and just go ahead and take up two or three spaces like a typical Corvette driver. BTW, it's just a car. You should work on that anger thing you have going.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:21 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,701,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlroadster View Post
IMO Speedy, most of the people who are posting just think the guy is doing you a "favor" by knocking you down the proverbial peg or two by parking next to you.

I bet if you replaced the word "Corvette" with "car" you wouldn't get the same kind of inane responses.
I wonder the same. I'm wondering if some would've posted different if I said I parked my F-150 way at the end of the lot (which I do).

Quote:
I suggest you drop your personal parking lot honor code and just go ahead and take up two or three spaces like a typical Corvette driver. BTW, it's just a car. You should work on that anger thing you have going.
Personal parking lot honor code?! What the Hell?! I've honestly never seen another Corvette driver take up more than one space in a parking lot, usually I seen quite a few Mercedes and BMW drivers do it though!

And of course it's just a car but I guess I take a certain pride in making sure my possessions aren't damaged by people like yourself. Obviously you seem to have the problem if you don't think I have the right to not want to be dinged, dented, or scratched by another driver.

Anger thing? It's called a rant- blowing off steam. Think you read a bit much into it, don't you?

Old 04-23-2012, 09:32 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
I wonder the same. I'm wondering if some would've posted different if I said I parked my F-150 way at the end of the lot (which I do).

Personal parking lot honor code?! What the Hell?! I've honestly never seen another Corvette driver take up more than one space in a parking lot, usually I seen quite a few Mercedes and BMW drivers do it though!

And of course it's just a car but I guess I take a certain pride in making sure my possessions aren't damaged by people like yourself. Obviously you seem to have the problem if you don't think I have the right to not want to be dinged, dented, or scratched by another driver.

Anger thing? It's called a rant- blowing off steam. Think you read a bit much into it, don't you?
Don't worry, I won't ever damage your little man-toy. I park near a nice car when I can, give them plenty of room and just live with they results.

Sorry if I read too much into the OP, I thought you were threatening bodily harm over it-maybe I didn't read it right.

Don't you think the whole thing is kind of funny though? The guy with the POS parks so close you can't get in your car, but doesn't put a bit of damage on it. You shoulda just laughed it off and move on.

Personally, I think you blew it.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:37 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,701,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Don't worry, I won't ever damage your little man-toy. I park near a nice car when I can, give them plenty of room and just live with they results.

Sorry if I read too much into the OP, I thought you were threatening bodily harm over it-maybe I didn't read it right.

Don't you think the whole thing is kind of funny though? The guy with the POS parks so close you can't get in your car, but doesn't put a bit of damage on it. You shoulda just laughed it off and move on.

Personally, I think you blew it.
I don't see the humor in it, if I wanted to laugh I'd watch George Carlin (RIP).

But it's in the past and at this point I've basically forgot about it until someone decided to resurrect an old thread.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:32 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times
Problem is that no one has respect for anyone elses property. Very few people take pride in their own belongings so why will they take pride in yours. It really sucks when you own something nice, try to take care of it and then you have people like this. I would have waited for them in the parking lot or would have them paged. I always like to think that people do stuff like that just to do it but once I had someone paged and he actually had an obvious disability and was very apologetic.

That was one time though...

Old 04-24-2012, 08:36 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,172,745 times
I like parking next to nice cars, chances are they will not door you

But then again some women/men don't think about it and door you any way.

I park my 2500 away from the door and I regularly take up 2 spots and let the rear bumper hang out into the driving lane, some spots are just to small for a full size truck.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:26 AM

1,626 posts, read 4,015,084 times
As long as my car wasn't dinged or dented it wouldn't bother me (I'm a stickler about that.) I wouldn't intentionally take up two parking spots because I've seen cars get keyed for that.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:46 AM

8,488 posts, read 6,894,642 times
In San Diego many of the parking spaces are so narrow it's inevitable that your car is going to get dinged or you will get boxed in and have to squeeze through your drivers door. Over the years I've seen several luxury keyed.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:08 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,930 times
Quote:
Rant ahead:

So tonight after work, I decide to stop at Fry's (grocery store) and pick up a few necessities- beer, olives, Mt. Dew, fried chicken- the usual. I ALWAYS, ALWAYS park away from EVERYONE else no matter what vehicle I'm driving, I don't need my car dented, dinged, or scratched so I always park at the end of the row away from all cart returns and other vehicles as well as entrances/exits. It might be a little walk but it's much better to be safe than sorry in my opinion.

Because it was a fairly nice day and I wasn't getting many groceries, I drove my Corvette. I park at the end of the parking lot, away from every other vehicle. I do NOT take up two spaces, just a single space right between the lines. I go inside and get my few items. I come out about 15 minutes later and I immediately see some ****ing jack*** in a POS 90's Honda Civic with the mirrors taped to the vehicle and the bumper almost dragging on the ground has parked INCHES away from my driver side allowing me NO access from my driver side door into my car. I have to climb OVER the center console to get into the drivers seat. I'm both embarrassed and IRATE at this point, I literally wanted to wait for this SOB who did this and punch him right in the ****ing mouth.

I checked the door for damage which there was none, no scratches or dings. I made sure to check everywhere to be sure he didn't **** up something else on my vehicle but luckily I didn't find anything wrong.

But who the HELL does this?! Don't people have any respect for other's property?! I'm minding my own damn business, I park away and want my vehicle to be left alone.

What's up with people nowadays?! I've NEVER had something like this happen before and I live in a fairly upscale area where nice vehicles are everywhere, why the Hell am I the unlucky one?!

Had to rant.
Not unlucky. People do this crap in the movie theatres, too. You may be only one of a small handful of folks in the room, but someone will inevitably come in and sit directly in the seat in front of you. Why? I am convinced there is no answer.
Also...why do people pull right out in front of you when there is no one behind you for a mile??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive