Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 10:24 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,701,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
This is by far the most entertaining thread to hit the auto forum in a while.
I'd agree with that sentiment.

I never realized my thread to relieve some of my frustrations and anger would result in such entertaining comments.

Quote:
Did you attend middle and high school? Isolate yourself for whatever reason and people will automatically single you out. Happens in life all the time. What else do you expect; you've singled yourself out purposely. With nice cars no less.
I never had any trouble when I park my F-150 away from everyone else, my truck just blends in with all the other large vehicles that seem to dominate the parking lots. I think next time when I go to the grocery store, I'll just drive my truck and hopefully avoid another incident such as this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 10:34 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,485,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This is why I don't live near poor people.
My beater '99 Civic was scratched on the door side a week ago in an upscale parking lot full of BMW's, Infinities, etc. Then the next day, I found these at Costco:

DuPont? Pro-Fusion Color?

Best $20 I've spent on what could've been a 100+ job.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:51 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Wow, that heated over a LITTLE problem....what do you do when something REAL happens to you.....LMFAO.
I have to agree. The OP is acting as if his car was intentionally dinged or even keyed. At worst, this was a practical joke.

BTW, I just bought a new 2012 Jaguar XJL last week so I can relate to the OP wanting to park away from other cars in a parking lot. However, his overreaction to a car parking close to his, but causing no damage whatsoever, is f'n ridiculous.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:55 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
People, I hate everyone equally.
people arent the problem, you are. i dont think its particularly cute for people to have that attitude that they hate everyone. for the most part, people are all out to live their lives and be happy. then you have miserable people that think that they are being funny/cute by suggesting they hate everyone. its pathetic and childish.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:56 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>> If the engine is running I assume the a/c is on so thats fine. I'm talking about when the temps hit 80 degrees and the dog is in the car with the windows up or maybe just down a crack. Spring days can have temps go up fast in cars, I've sat in cars where the sun made it hot even if the outside temp was only 65 or 70.
I'm thinking back to last year where I saw a dog in distress , went in to the store and told an employee to get on the PA and tell the owner to come out and lower the window. I don't know if they did or not but 20 minutes later an older woman came out to the car. I wanted to lecture her but looking at her it probably wouldn't have sunk in.
Probably calling the police would be a better alternative to smashing somebodys car window in. But as long as they have to shell out $$$$.....
There was a story on Jalopnik recently about some UK cops that broke a window to get a dog out of a car. The dog was a stuffed toy. Oops.

Leaving the AC would be the point in having that feature. It's cheap enough. I wonder why more people don't have it, especially if they have dogs or kids they intend to leave in a vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
When you put a hammer through a window, where does all the broken glass go?? INSIDE WITH the animal you eFFIN retard. Whats the animal gonna do when that gappens? Most likely panic, run around, get cut by the glass. Then as you are being arrested for destruction of property and endangering an animal, the cop will tell you, you should have calked them instead of taking it in your own hands.. wtf.. are we 11 years old??
Windows don't explode when they're broken. Break the front glass if the dog is in back.

I just saw a video of two women who broke the glass of an SUV because the dog inside looked like it was near death. The dog came out willingly and was very likely saved by the water the women provided. Yes, cops are the best solution, but sometimes action must be taken without them.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:02 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,498,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
There was a story on Jalopnik recently about some UK cops that broke a window to get a dog out of a car. The dog was a stuffed toy. Oops.

Windows don't explode when they're broken. Break the front glass if the dog is in back.

I just saw a video of two women who broke the glass of an SUV because the dog inside looked like it was near death. The dog came out willingly and was very likely saved by the water the women provided. Yes, cops are the best solution, but sometimes action must be taken without them.
And a video has NEVER been staged..

Oh, so you can control where every piece of glass goes when you break someone else's window?? Don't be an idiot, you'd still be arrested. Cops, animal control, property owner are where you go to.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:05 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Off to the grocery store to park in the back of the lot. Wish me luck.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:36 PM

854 posts, read 2,863,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
But who the HELL does this?!

Old 04-06-2012, 03:52 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Off to the grocery store to park in the back of the lot. Wish me luck.
Success. But notice the d bag in the back taking up three spaces.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:29 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,391,576 times
Good thread SpeedyAZ. I haven't had a nice vehicle lately but remember when I used to park far and away too so that I could keep away from the drivers that have given up on their cars image.

Once, I parked my car in a spot right in front of the grocery store. There were several other cars maneuvering in the parking lot and I just happened upon this much cherished space. I went in and did my shopping only to come out and find a Ding Dong (snack cake) smashed against my drivers side door handle. The wrapper and remains were sitting right there on the ground. I can only surmise that I had taken that spot from somebody and I was oblivious to it. Since then, I will always let someone go first even if it means losing a great spot and just parking further out. It seems I learned my lesson well and was really happy that the perpetrator didn't damage my vehicle to make a point.

So the moral of my story is: If someone messes with you again, and you absolutely have to get their attention, give 'em a Ding Dong smash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive