Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 04:28 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,827,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
How about Chinese supercars.
Lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 04:57 PM

243 posts, read 547,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
How about Chinese supercars.
How about Ukrainian?

Old 09-21-2012, 05:35 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Have had our share...and love 'em all! What's not to like???

Old 09-22-2012, 04:24 PM

929 posts, read 2,722,039 times
I am a life long car nut, but I could care less about Super Cars.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:48 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
my dreamcar is a maserati mc straddle, and i want to add the LEXUS LFA to that list.
I don't see the point of the LFA. Marginal performance for its intended class, and hyper expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider7811 View Post
Good to know that you care at least a little bit.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:14 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Have had our share...and love 'em all! What's not to like???

Hey SG..Glad to see you posting..Hope all is well with the Hubby and you're happier in CA..

Old 09-23-2012, 08:52 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider7811 View Post
Hard to call yourself a car nut if you don't at least appreciate supercars.

As for me... I don't know what level of income I'd have to have to feel comfortable spending more than $150k on a car. That eliminates most supercars, at least new ones, for a few years. Buying a used supercar with low miles is something I'm fine with, but I'll probably never buy one new, even if I could afford it.

I tend to keep my cars for about 8-10 years, and buy them about 4-5 years after they've come out (usually a new body style comes out around that time and the prices drop a bit more.) I picked up my 996 turbo for 75k a few years back, new it was $140k, so at that price it felt like a bargain considering the low miles.

You can get Gallardo's for 100k now, with 10-15k miles. You can find F430's for $120-150k as well. Some people may find them flashy, but I don't view it any differently than someone who likes carrying around an expensive purse or shoes, or goes to the driving range with the most expensive clubs made, or buys the latest and greatest stereo/tv gear. Some people just are passionate about different things than other people, and if you can afford to indulge in your passion, you should go for it. You only live once.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:55 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Just kind of a curiosity of mine. I know some guys who just love expensive supercars. The Ferrari's, Veyrons, etc, of the world.

I find them very neat, cool usually to look at, with amazing and fun looking performance stats.

However, I do not get overly excited or lustful towards them either. I know they are out of my reach of something I would own or drive, and as such, they really do not command a ton of interest from me.

I'd much rather read or watch more modestly priced performance vehicles (Corvettes, Porsche's, BMW's, Mustangs, Miatas, etc). I guess for no other reason than they are more realistically attainable for me (maybe not the higher end of some of these, but certainly more so than six figure supercars).

I am with you.
I used to lust and drool over Ferraris, Aston Martin, etc.
When I was a kid.
Never really the Lambos (ugly) or the Veyron (useless).
Now that I could go get one of these cars, I don't want one.
Why?
Because now, with my busy life, it's about minimizing hassle.
I don't want hassle.
Hassle is irritating.
I want something easy and useful. That brings me joy.
When I can own something that does not cause me stress, worry, or some kind of work I have to do...that brings me joy.
Not some high maintenance garage queen you have to pet with a diaper three times a week.

So I will stick to my XLRV or GS Vette or M6 or you know...the kind of cars that go fast, look good, and can still be used as a daily driver without some crazy stupid maintenance schedule or limit on mileage, etc.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:30 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Hey SG..Glad to see you posting..Hope all is well with the Hubby and you're happier in CA..

Awww thanks! We've had our ups and downs with his health, but basically doing well! We're loving SD weather and all the area has to offer. AND the land of cars, cars and more cars ( in a good way!) Headed up into Newport today to take a look at a Z8....( I told ya DH was feeling good!)

Old 09-23-2012, 10:55 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
What’s to say about super cars they’re ugly, fickle, and extremely expensive to service and bought by posers.

A real practical super car can be found in a Porsche GT3, Corvette, etc.
in terms of looks alot are not that pretty, but because of their title people like to believe they are pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive