Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 06:42 PM

21,836 posts, read 25,102,289 times

Advertisements

They've all got compromises. Sequoia is good unless you're particularly tall (limited head room) or mind the dated, low-quality interior on a $40-50k vehicle. Many (like the Explorer) don't really have third-rows that are adult friendly and getting a baby seat in the back is a hassle. Plus if you're taking longer trips there's not that much storage space (21 cubic feet, but it's vertical) behind the third row. That's actually pretty good for that type of crossover (Highlander has half of that, CX-9 which used to be the best in that size segment has 17.). It's better than the Sequoia even, given the Sequoia is a very poorly designed vehicle. The Acadia and Traverse, especially the Acadia, are the best in class for practicality, getting close to minivan usefulness without being Suburban large. The seats are too low on the Traverse, so they're pretty uncomfortable for 6 footers in both the second and third row.

Suburbans a favorite despite being ungainly large. Great cargo room, spacious third row. The only downsides are the rear seats don't fold and have to be entirely removed (not so bad considering the space behind them, but still), third row isn't as easy to access as in many of the crossovers, hard to park. Still if you're looking at a Sequoia, the better gas mileage on the Suburban (and everything else under the sun) is nice. Really the only con the Suburban has versus the Sequoia is it's harder to park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 07:13 PM

1,738 posts, read 3,006,336 times
Depends what you're going to use it for.

Towing something heavy and using it like a truck?

Suburban, Sequoia, or Armada. The infiniti QX56 is amazing but expensive.

General driving?

Buy a minivan, cause the Q7, Pilot, Durango, etc... are essentially minivans with a different body. Why spend more money when you don't get anything of a benefit?

Old 05-28-2013, 08:17 PM

838 posts, read 2,523,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
Buy a minivan, cause the Q7, Pilot, Durango, etc... are essentially minivans with a different body. Why spend more money when you don't get anything of a benefit?
There are 4x4 minivans?

Old 05-28-2013, 09:39 PM

21,836 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspian65 View Post
There are 4x4 minivans?
AWD. Most SUV/Crossovers don't offer 4x4 either.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:53 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
My son, who is a very picky car owner, just got his second Escalade. I've driven it a bit. Nice ride. I've never been into the third row.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:13 PM

1,738 posts, read 3,006,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspian65 View Post
There are 4x4 minivans?
Some have awd. No minivan or crossover has a real 4x4 like trucks and truck framed suvs. But a fwd car is very easy to drive in snow and rain. I see no use for 4x4 in that setup.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:40 AM

85 posts, read 260,715 times
Land Rover LR3/LR4.

Mine has been fantastic. Seating for 7 adults, lots of power, smooth, quiet, loaded with goodies, and it gets 20mpg on the freeway.

Go drive one, you'll soon see what all the fuss is about.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:52 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,697,007 times
I like the new Pathfinder - in terms of 7-seat SUVs it is the newest model out there, being just introduced this year, and has all the latest bells and whistles. The Infiniti JX is the high-dollar luxury version but a loaded Pathfinder is very similar.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:58 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
I like the new Pathfinder - in terms of 7-seat SUVs it is the newest model out there, being just introduced this year, and has all the latest bells and whistles. The Infiniti JX is the high-dollar luxury version but a loaded Pathfinder is very similar.
My rental I have right now is a Pathfinder. Its nice. What I don't like about it is the steering wheel feels a bit small, the 3rd row headrests I had to fold down because they are distracting and block the view. The storage area behind the 3rd row is not very big either. I've have enjoyed driving it. Now I just need to drive the other 2 vehicles on my list to narrow down which I would like.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:32 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
Blows my mind that people are actually buying the new Pathfinder. Nissan has destroyed the Pathfinder, it looks like a big ugly station wagon and there are no "pathfinding" capabilities about it. Those that buy such vehicles are the reason why car manufacturers keep making them, ugh...

My friend just bought a 2013 Toyota Sequoia and loves it. DOesnt get the best mpg but if you need something that big mpgs dont really play a part in the decision. Its a really nice looking truck and he got a great deal. 1.5% financing at the dealer.

I have a Expedition that I love as well. Very roomy and fits everyone and everything. I really liked the looks of the Tahoe better but the interior was a deal breaker. The Fords interior was much nicer and didnt look as cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive