Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 05:50 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times

Advertisements

Who wakes up in the morning and determine people using their hazard lights in rain is the burning issue of the day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 06:10 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,001,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
1.press button to turn off hazards
2. Turn on turn signal.
I know, I was making a joking reference to a previous post about why people in cars shouldn't drive with their flashers on.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:31 PM

863 posts, read 1,197,021 times
I bet nobody argued about these flashers!

Old 05-04-2014, 07:36 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
HUM, sometimes hazards are justified while on the road.

I used to drive the Bus in Seattle, WA.

On one particular bus route, I would be driving up a steep hill very early in the morning.......it was very dark and sometimes foggy. Speed limit was 50, much of the traffic was going even faster..... but my bus would max-out at about 20-25 mph. Guess what, YES, in that situation I used the hazards.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:54 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,903,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Who wakes up in the morning and determine people using their hazard lights in rain is the burning issue of the day?
Does something have to be a "burning issue" in order to post here?? With the number of responses, the topic obviously struck a cord with some folks.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:49 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Even better would be if they laid on the horn while the flashers were on. An audio signal coupled to the flashing lights would really make it easy to find them in the rain.
You seem to have fabricated a total non issue about something that rarely happens, flasher boogie men who are some kind of humanoid subspecies who apparently go through life with their flashers on just to mess with your head..

Old 05-05-2014, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
HUM, sometimes hazards are justified while on the road.

I used to drive the Bus in Seattle, WA.

On one particular bus route, I would be driving up a steep hill very early in the morning.......it was very dark and sometimes foggy. Speed limit was 50, much of the traffic was going even faster..... but my bus would max-out at about 20-25 mph. Guess what, YES, in that situation I used the hazards.
Evidently buses and trucks are exempt from our ops obsession with THE FLASHER PEOPLE! (Re post 66)

Old 05-05-2014, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwgto View Post
Does something have to be a "burning issue" in order to post here?? With the number of responses, the topic obviously struck a cord with some folks.
You obviously missed the satire in HappyRiders post.

Quote:
sat·ire
ˈsaˌtīr/
noun
noun: satire
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:36 AM

1,070 posts, read 740,064 times
And this is what most idiots using hazards in the rain forget about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Hazard lights disable your turn signals, so when you decide to switch lanes or exit the highway, you cannot signal properly.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:11 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
And this is what most idiots using hazards in the rain forget about...
I can assure you, the LAST THING I am thinking about doing in zero visibility fog that has suddenly descended upon me (and the drivers around me) is CHANGING LANES.

I am simply trying to get through the fog without going down the MOUNTAINSIDE.

No one is worrying about switching lanes; hell, we are all straining to see the divided highway marks in the middle of the road so we don't hit oncoming traffic (and so we can stay in our lane and not end up down a ravine, either).

However, I can assure you, if I NEEDED to put on my turn signal, I do have enough sense to realize I would need to turn off my flashers first. But what kind of IDIOT would decide to turn left, across traffic, when he can't even see the traffic coming????

I think some folks here have no clue what it is like to suddenly find one's self in a hazardous driving condition. Hazard lights are made for hazardous driving conditions.

And for those who mentioned "wipers on, lights on" - just a note - here in my state (NC) it is the law - turn on wipers, your lights go on, or you are in violation (and I see that all the time here - folks must be from out of state and not realize we have a wipers/lights law).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive