Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 07:13 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,841,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Where do you see it and why is it such a chore to find it?
It isn't hard to find. It took me about 30 seconds to find your headlamp assembly. It might would help if you weren't looking under "Electrical bulb or Sockets" and looked under Body/Exterior and then Headlamp assembly. It is only two clicks for crying out loud. lol

Headlamp assemblies are not "Electrical bulb or sockets." They are external body components.

Even easier, you could type "headlamp assembly" into the search box and it will open the correct sub-directory for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 08:02 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,590,352 times
I received my shipment of goodies from RockAuto today. As usual no problems and well packaged.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone have expereience with Rock Auto?-part1.jpg  

Old 08-24-2014, 10:09 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
It isn't hard to find. It took me about 30 seconds to find your headlamp assembly. It might would help if you weren't looking under "Electrical bulb or Sockets" and looked under Body/Exterior and then Headlamp assembly. It is only two clicks for crying out loud. lol

Headlamp assemblies are not "Electrical bulb or sockets." They are external body components.

Even easier, you could type "headlamp assembly" into the search box and it will open the correct sub-directory for you.
Body/Exterior is the first place you look for headlight assembly? Why? How about looking for headlight assembly when you look are looking for headlight assembly, like this. Then there is another problem. Explorer headlights come in two pieces per side; headlight and the turn signal. RockA even after you search for it shows only the headlight. That's why it looks cheap.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:21 AM

38 posts, read 59,563 times
rockauto has always been awesome for me. i have a 66 chevy scooby doo van and rockauto was the only place to get the parts i needed.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:15 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,498,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Body/Exterior is the first place you look for headlight assembly? Why? How about looking for headlight assembly when you look are looking for headlight assembly, like this. Then there is another problem. Explorer headlights come in two pieces per side; headlight and the turn signal. RockA even after you search for it shows only the headlight. That's why it looks cheap.
If you are having such a hard time figuring out such a simple website you prob should not be working on a motor vehicle. JS.

Old 07-17-2018, 07:20 AM

1 posts, read 548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Thanks for all of the tips on various websites and such. There's an Advanced Auto near me. Currently I see there is a 30% off coupon. That would make the exhaust kit only $25 more at Advanced Auto. If Rock Auto's shipping is more, Advanced Auto will be cheaper and we can have it right away. I never thought of coupons until reading this thread. Looks like one way or another, we're going to have a new exhaust kit for a good price.
You can get 25% off entire order by using this code: MKT25 . I applied on their website and is working. What is nice is that there is no minimum amount and no product restrictions so you can use for everything.

For other working codes see [url]https://www.hoursopentoclose.com/advance-auto-parts-hours[/url] .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Are you sure just 30%? Check these out:

The max you can save on any order from them is $50. So if I have a big order with multiple items, I will split the order up to maximize the discount. Order online, pick up in store.
Thanks for this tip. Very useful.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:20 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
RockAuto is great... but it's geared toward people who know what they're doing. You have to be capable of looking up your own parts and verifying that you're ordering the right part. It isn't rocket science, but plenty of people manage to screw that up.

I've got parts from RockAuto for years. What I like about the site is that they have a great selection and they list part numbers. So you can do a quick check on Amazon or Ebay for a better price. Also with the part number you can read Amazon reviews which really helps in avoiding low quality parts. Usually Rockauto is a little cheaper... Amazon is a little quicker. Ebay is a roll of the dice, but with occasional great deals.

The only problem I ever had with RockAuto parts is that once I ordered a premium quality head gasket set from them... and somebody at one of their warehouses pulled a sneaky-pete and sent me the cheap/china equivalent. But RockAuto accepted my return quickly and with no hassle. Took a few days to credit my account, but no complaints really. Meanwhile I ordered the same part number on Amazon and got the correct head gasket set. Cost a little more, but I got the parts quick.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:11 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Just bought a control-arm bushing from Rockauto.

The local auto parts-store wanted $24 + tax for the bushing I needed......about $4 at Rockauto plus another $5 for shipping.

I have used Rockauto quite a bit, great prices, quick shipping and I have never had a problem with the parts.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:54 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,513,219 times
I've probably bought thousands of dollars of parts from Rockauto. They tend to be the only source of some old, discontinued motorcraft parts for older vehicles.

Only thing that sucks is they have multiple warehouses, so if you are trying to do a brake job, you might find they have two rotors at warehouse A, and the other 2 at warehouse B, and the pads are all at warehouse C, and the pad hardware is at warehouse D. So you end up having to pay $50 in shipping due to all the location charges.

In general, even when crosschecking ebay or Amazon, they have the cheapest price around. Plus they always have a 5% discount code active.

I've probably received a few hundred rockauto.com orders by now...only can remember two screw ups and they handled them quite well.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:13 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,080,222 times
^^^^
I've ordered many parts with no problems but as mentioned they have multiple warehouses. I decided to replace brake lines and ordered yesterday. I needed 4 rubber brake hoses. Two fronts different sizes at one location and two rear at another location. No big deal but you get stuck with paying for two shipping charges.
And parts have been cheaper than the local part stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive