Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 01:55 AM

986 posts, read 2,509,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
I own a 2004 Crown Victoria and I'm just curious on your opinion. What do you think about the Ford Crown Victoria's?

I find it quite hilarious how everyone thinks you're a cop. Whenever I drive on the highways people are always afraid to pass me and slow down. I'm getting my windows tinted actually to 35%. I just don't like how people look into my car. I like the privacy. Maybe more people will think I'm a cop which isn't really my intention at all. When you see one, do you automatically think it's a cop?
I seem them as gas guzzlers bought for image over practicality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 02:04 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
I own a 2004 Crown Victoria and I'm just curious on your opinion. What do you think about the Ford Crown Victoria's?

I find it quite hilarious how everyone thinks you're a cop. Whenever I drive on the highways people are always afraid to pass me and slow down. I'm getting my windows tinted actually to 35%. I just don't like how people look into my car. I like the privacy. Maybe more people will think I'm a cop which isn't really my intention at all. When you see one, do you automatically think it's a cop?
only if it has a light bar on top, and writing on the side that says "hey i am a cop".

personally i love those crow vics, i prefer the sister grand marquis though.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:49 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,384,455 times
I know a few LEO's who say it's a great, comfortable car....a little underpowered, I'd love to get one for the comfort, but can't justify owning another vehicle just based on comfort. Oh yeah, they don't care all that much about the new cars....I think they are Taraus

Old 04-26-2015, 05:11 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,845,569 times
When I look at a Crown Vic I remember how much I like its sister/cousin Mercury Marauder. Too bad Ford never released either one with the Coyote or the 5.4L.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:42 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,798,292 times
They're good vehicles, that's it.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:07 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,399,515 times
Quote:

get you some goodyear eagles tires, paint the rims black with no hubcaps, remove all the trim and paint all the chrome black. get some fake antenna s for the trunk lid and you be set

Old 04-26-2015, 10:25 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,023,818 times
Quote:

I love them that's what! And that's why I own a nearly mint condition, low mileage '96 Grand Marquis. It's my pride and joy, that and my Harley. I bought it in Florida before I moved to AZ. I'm not kidding, I was getting 27 mpg driving it at 68 mph. It will never rust out here. It's such a pleasure to drive, you don't even want to go fast in it. You can't even hear the engine, and it just "floats" over the road. I've taken it to Los Angeles, cruised the streets of Hollywood in it. I recently gave it a new set of tires/allignment, new shocks all the way around, new brake pads, rotors resurfaced. And The AC system was totally rebuilt with a new compressor and some other parts, so it blows ice cold now. I had custom made floormats made by http://lloydmats.com/ out of Northridge, CA. They match the interior perfectly.

Well, enjoy your CV and take care of it. They're the last of old school American sedans.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:56 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
When I look at a Crown Vic I remember how much I like its sister/cousin Mercury Marauder. Too bad Ford never released either one with the Coyote or the 5.4L.
doesnt matter, the 4.6 is quite a capable motor.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:35 AM

2,811 posts, read 2,185,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclasser View Post
Aside from the plastic intake manifolds cracking, they're solid cars. Truly last of a dying breed.
That was only a problem from 1997 to 2001.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:56 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
doesnt matter, the 4.6 is quite a capable motor.
The Marauder could have been a collector car only if Ford hadn’t wimped out in it. I have always liked unpretentious full size performance cars that would beat leave sports cars behind in its fumes. Marauder was in production just for 2 years and barely sold 3000 in its last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive