Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 08:40 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,762,896 times

Advertisements

Even though I have always been a die hard Mustang fan I would take the 2015 Challenger hands down over the new Mustang. Even though I hate Dodge I think they have done a much better job at keeping the traditional styling and also giving it more horsepower than the Mustang. With that being said I still see plenty of Shelby GT500's with extremely low mileage for roughly the same price as a new Mustang. For me the choice would be simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 08:50 AM

520 posts, read 532,543 times
The Challenger is a land yacht. Nothing personal but its not anywhere near the same market segment. I will admkt, I like the design, and probably more, but its frickin huge. I think my Mustang is already a bit too big for me, and I did test drive a Challenger, and thats like supersized. If I wanted a cruiser though, Id go for a Scat Pack in a second. The 392 is amazing.

Old 06-03-2015, 01:22 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,993,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
The Challenger is a land yacht. Nothing personal but its not anywhere near the same market segment. I will admkt, I like the design, and probably more, but its frickin huge. I think my Mustang is already a bit too big for me, and I did test drive a Challenger, and thats like supersized. If I wanted a cruiser though, Id go for a Scat Pack in a second. The 392 is amazing.
Well, the mustang is over 4,000# with a driver, what would you call that? A mini-barge?

Old 06-03-2015, 01:27 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,353,873 times
Although the Mustang is nice, I prefer the Challenger. A Hellcat would be very cool to own.

For my money though, I am going with the $22,000. Fiat Abarth. Included with the price is a track experience, albeit you use the cars that they provide. Still what a deal. It is small and I love small cars. It does not cost that much. To me it looks cool.

Old 06-03-2015, 01:43 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,729,447 times
I might get flamed for this but I have always seen the hints of the Mustang II in the design.

I like the design but to me it looks like they took cues from the Mustang II

Old 06-03-2015, 01:51 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,993,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Although the Mustang is nice, I prefer the Challenger. A Hellcat would be very cool to own.

For my money though, I am going with the $22,000. Fiat Abarth. Included with the price is a track experience, albeit you use the cars that they provide. Still what a deal. It is small and I love small cars. It does not cost that much. To me it looks cool.
I would urge caution.
Vehicle details

Friend of mine thought those things looked "cute", too. residential neighborhood speed accident put her in rehab for 6mo and she still has issues. That, and it's a Fiat. Just don't do it.

Old 06-03-2015, 03:55 PM

422 posts, read 575,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post

Track experience as a selling point? I would run from that deal. If you want a small car, get a Honda fit. Fiat are not a quality car. Not only that, but an Abarth is a death trap with all the soccer moms on their phones driving big suv.

Old 06-03-2015, 04:01 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,337,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
For the guy who wanted to see race red. Here she is sitting in my garage. Its dark out so I just shot this really quick in my garage with the light on. Im a horrid photographer lol
That was me who wanted to see the color but there's not picture there?

Old 06-03-2015, 04:11 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,353,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybarnaby View Post
Track experience as a selling point? I would run from that deal. If you want a small car, get a Honda fit. Fiat are not a quality car. Not only that, but an Abarth is a death trap with all the soccer moms on their phones driving big suv.
The Abarth is a fun car to drive. It has as many doors as a car needs. Why would anyone that is looking at 2 door cars want a 4 door car? The Fit is a nice little car but it is far from the same segment as the Abarth. Other options for the segment are the Minnie Cooper (2 door) and the VW Beetle. Brian Johnson has one in his collection of cars and he has some very cool cars. It is said that he keeps it with him when he is touring. Brian calls it the Ferrari's Baby Cousin. Realize that Fiat currently owns Ferrari. Brian's is also white, the same color I plan on getting.

As far as safety, I read the reports and the car is considered safe. I am only 5' 6" so plenty of room for me. Not that you buy a fun car for safety or to battle SUV's. Every car has its purpose and the Abarth is for fun. kind of the same reason you buy a Harley. Its not the safe factor but the fun factor.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:56 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,765,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybarnaby View Post
A Honda Fit? Really? How about a MINI or GT-I or a Mazdaspeed? Or any number of other small, fun to drive cars as opposed to a horrible horrible POS like a Fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive