Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 03:42 PM

589 posts, read 696,295 times

Advertisements

People who drive under the speed limit yet they still can't drive safely.

I can understand why the speed demons end up wrapped around a pole, but if you still can't stay within the lines when you're going UNDER the speed limit then you don't need to be on the road. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 03:59 PM

5,674 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclasser View Post
Oh look, another one of these threads.
Nobody said you had to read it!

Old 10-17-2015, 04:04 PM

281 posts, read 368,373 times
Yes, I was waiting for this thread. I'd have titled it "The annoying things 4-wheelers do".

I think at the top of my list (and especially relevant since they also seem to think it applies to semi-trucks who are in their way) would be people (commonly in big trucks and luxury vehicles) thinking that if they just go faster than you, you are obligated to get out of their way.

Of course you ARE...if you're not passing anybody. But buddy, you can ride my ass all you want, and I still won't move over until I'm done passing.

Old 10-17-2015, 04:05 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,178 times
Pickup trucks always drive like maniacs when they're behind me, and little old ladies when in front of me.

Old 10-17-2015, 04:08 PM

281 posts, read 368,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inderocker View Post
So many issues... the list is far too long to type out.
Well now we're curious...

Old 10-17-2015, 04:43 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times
1. Driving all the way to the merge point, then forcing their way into the line of traffic.
2. Stopping at the top of the on-ramp.
3. Stopping at the bottom of the off-ramp.
4. Speeding up as you pass them.
5. Cutting in front, and then slowing down.
6. Blocking the left lane, ie traveling in the left lane at the same speed as traffic to the right.
7. Cutting across multiple lanes of traffic. Those who like to travel in the left lane are particularly bad about this.
8. Slowing almost to a stop, or stopping, while in the second lane waiting for a chance to cut over into the exit ramp.
9. Driving beside another vehicle, especially in its blind spot.
10. Not using turn signals, or activating them at the last second.
11. Driving as if the police car in the next lane is a pace car.
12. Tailgating.
13. Failing to dim the high beams.
14. Being inconsiderate and unsafe around trucks and buses.
15. Flicking cigarette butts out the window.
16. Driving while drunk, high, or otherwise impaired.
17. Doing any or all of the above with a child in the offending vehicle.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:00 PM

19,034 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Annoying? Head lights. One headlight HID and the other one for some reason looking like a 30 yo Silvania one. HID one is usually aligned so that it shoots like an airplane projector - and into your eyes.
Driving behind you with high beams on, them being HIDs.
Trucks with HIDs, loaded up their ars, so that now those HIDs are more suitable for antiaircraft canons.
Or, and the new one. Light bars. Was just side swiped in darkness by beam of that mother. Blinded for a minute or so.
There is some sort of psychological thing here with redneck beat up cars and head lights.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:02 PM

19,034 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Forgot to add. Motorcycle super bright - BLINKING - lights.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:12 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
My truck takes 2 parking spots, parking spots have gotten too small, not everybody drives a subcompact car
Just how big IS your truck? I drove a Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins with an extended cab and an 8 foot bed,l and I managed to not take up two parking spots. I didn't try to park it in the ones marked Compact Only, and I always managed to find a regular (albeit smaller than they used to be) spot to park in somewhere and and be within the lines.

If you are taking up two spots on a regular basis, it's not your truck, it's you. And you're making all the rest of us look bad by doing so.

No excuses.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:21 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
1. Driving all the way to the merge point, then forcing their way into the line of traffic.
2. Stopping at the top of the on-ramp.
3. Stopping at the bottom of the off-ramp.
4. Speeding up as you pass them.
5. Cutting in front, and then slowing down.
6. Blocking the left lane, ie traveling in the left lane at the same speed as traffic to the right.
7. Cutting across multiple lanes of traffic. Those who like to travel in the left lane are particularly bad about this.
8. Slowing almost to a stop, or stopping, while in the second lane waiting for a chance to cut over into the exit ramp.
9. Driving beside another vehicle, especially in its blind spot.
10. Not using turn signals, or activating them at the last second.
11. Driving as if the police car in the next lane is a pace car.
12. Tailgating.
13. Failing to dim the high beams.
14. Being inconsiderate and unsafe around trucks and buses.
15. Flicking cigarette butts out the window.
16. Driving while drunk, high, or otherwise impaired.
17. Doing any or all of the above with a child in the offending vehicle.

All of this.

ALL-OF-IT. lol

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive