Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 10:13 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,877,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
They can generalize all they want but insurance rates for men are higher than women for a reason.
Here's a hint. Parking ability (or lack thereof) isn't the reason insurance rates are higher for men. That's more likely higher rates of speeding and accidents.

Science shows females are measurably worse than males at spatial relationships. Guess what requires spatial relationships? Parking!!!

Gender effects in spatial orientation: cognitive profiles and mental strategies
"...Significant differences favouring men in VSWM tasks were reported, supporting existing evidence..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 12:13 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I had this happen once. I did what you did, went into the (large store) and had the owner of the vehicle paged. She ignored. So I timed how long I had to wait (I am unable to climb over the console in my small vehicle). Then I stood at her driver's door and refused to move. She insisted, I told her that I was going to block her from getting in her car for the same amount of time she had me blocked. She reached to move me and I calmly told her she was verging on a criminal complaint for assault. So, she decided to climb in through the back of her very large SUV. Nice. In her full length fur coat. So after she got all the way forward, I stood behind her vehicle. I kept checking my watch. There were many witnesses and she did put her car in reverse but stopped short of moving. After the 25 min I had to wait were up, I calmly moved and watched very carefully to see that she did not hit my vehicle. BTW, I was ahead of schedule for that day, and not in any hurry.
I would have called the police on you. You do not have the right to detain anyone, even if you feel its justified.

And wasting 50 minutes of your day on that woman? You really had nothing better to do?

Old 05-16-2016, 12:24 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
There are security cameras everywhere--sometimes even on-board vehicles looking at all 4 sides of a vehicle. As good as it might feel to do what you suggest, these days, I'd be afraid to get caught on surveillance video. The cops would still likely side with the idiot who parked you in.

I'd consider a potato in the exhaust if you had confidence in not being photographed doing it.
Yes, because everyone drives around with potatoes in their cars.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:27 PM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I would have called the police on you. You do not have the right to detain anyone, even if you feel its justified.

And wasting 50 minutes of your day on that woman? You really had nothing better to do?
What about the other driver doing the same thing?

Old 05-16-2016, 12:32 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Entry to a vehicle can be had without retaliation methods.

The trunk is a viable option when standard passenger doors are locked or impeded.

If there is someone culpable on one side, then someone is also culpable on the other side.

Decide if this is really a battle or an imposition to be resolved.

I tend to find humor is those "moments" of life where you go...Really??? you may not control the facts but you have a choice in how your attitude comes off....
Do you seriously think that this person should have had to climb through the TRUNK to get into the car? That's ridiculous!

Old 05-16-2016, 12:35 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
What about the other driver doing the same thing?

Like I said, you don't have the right to detain anyone, no matter what they did. If there is a problem, call the police. This applies to anyone. But to physically stand behind someone's car for 25 minutes just seems childish. I park properly between the lines, I could not imagine going around and trying to get some sort of justice every time someone does a horrible job parking. I have much better things that I can spend my time doing.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:47 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,877,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Yes, because everyone drives around with potatoes in their cars.
Obviously you do not live in Idaho...

Old 05-16-2016, 01:04 PM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Like I said, you don't have the right to detain anyone, no matter what they did. If there is a problem, call the police. This applies to anyone. But to physically stand behind someone's car for 25 minutes just seems childish. I park properly between the lines, I could not imagine going around and trying to get some sort of justice every time someone does a horrible job parking. I have much better things that I can spend my time doing.
I couldn't do it either, but both parties were in the wrong in that case, and both should be charged, if anyone is charged.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:29 PM

103 posts, read 112,391 times
You should consider converting your doors to a lambo doors.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:30 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Some guy parked his car in my driveway while he was trying to crash a class at school. I drove around finding no street parking and after waiting 15 minutes wheeled my truck around, attached my tow strap to his bumper and dragged the POS out into the middle of the intersection. Then I got me a lawn chair, cold beer and waited. The meter maid got there first and while the tow truck was hooking it up the idiot came running down the street. He glared at me and tried to tell them I somehow moved it.

I yelled, I think you forgot to set your parking brake.

Another time I was the first one at the lake to park in a dirt lot to run. After 2 hours I came back and some a-hole was parked so close to my door It looked like he scraped it. I'm sure they thought I purposely took up two spots but I didn't I was the first one. I wrote on a note I was the first one in the lot and thanks for nothing. Then put a pebble in one tire's valve stem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive