Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 02:42 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,850,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While its not likely a snake can find a way to crawl into a modern car/van big spiders/scorpions and tarantulas can walk in via open windows.
Then the snake can follow them in and hide so it can eat those nasty things. Just imagine if a big spider is crawling on your ancle while driving and sneaky snake, waiting under your seat, then pounces on the spider and nips at your ankle while attacking the spider. Dang, a double wammy snake/spider bite!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 05:27 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Snakes can not only crawl up into your car, but there's a couple of them coiled-up under your seats right now.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:01 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
I wouldnt worry about it. With no food or water it will go on to greener pastures.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:07 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
A swimming water moccasin once acted like he was going to join me in my canoe. I think I hold the world speed record for paddling backwards.
When I was on patrol in the Army in Alabama, I investigated a narrow dirt road that went back into the woods. There was a small pond there, so I got out to investigate. I stepped up on a grass tussock at the edge and quickly realized that a huge water moccasin was inside it. It let out a big hiss and dropped to the water. It coiled and opened its mouth wide. I'm not a gymnast, but I did a complete back-flip as a spinal response. The snake swam up and down the pond, hissing at me. That was its territory and I was not welcome. But the adrenaline rush I had was so strong, that I became nauseous and had to collapse and lie flat on my back for 20 minutes, before I could sit up and walk. The snake didn't come after me, but it's reappeared many times since then, in bad dreams.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:13 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
If you wear a tin foil hat when you get into the car, the snakes in your car will all run away, as an added benefit the utility company will be prevented from reading your thoughts using their wireless meters.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:28 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Just some FYI here but SOME snakes can flatten themselves out & get into some very tight spaces.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:03 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
It happens all the time. Especially if you have the North American Ankle biter snakes in your area.

Snakes like damp musty places, so if you spill your coffee into your carpeting - clean it up. If your car is high and dry, they will have no interest in it (unless maybe if you are raising mice in your car - it is a good idea to clean up the crumbs and other food spills as well).

Seriously, there is virtually no chance of this happening. It is about as likely as you waking up one morning and finding a canoe in your bed.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:39 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,228,154 times
There are issues with pack rats here and they nest in car engines and chew everything up ~ I've heard of one person having $4,000 damage.

There is a product called "Rid-A-Rat" that you can put in your engine and it's a strobe light that works off the battery and keeps rodents away (they like it dark), you might want to check out if it would keep snakes away too. At least if it kept the rodents away the snakes wouldn't be looking for them in there.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:33 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
I don't know about cars but there have been documented cases of snakes on a plane.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:12 AM

1 posts, read 3,183 times
Default Snake in interior of car

If the chances of a snake getting into the interior of a car are one in a million, I need to buy lottery tickets. Had TWO different snakes in my Equinox last Wednesday ... 4-5' long and an inch in diameter. Am still traumatized and reluctant to get in the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive