Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 06:49 PM

84 posts, read 199,676 times

Advertisements

Interesting. When I took possession of my 2016 Nissan Maxima this past January the Navigation/Screen Display system did not work.

Low and behold, the wrong SD Card was in place. The salesman had to drive to the destination dealer(dealer where the car was delivered) 10 miles away to pick up the correct SD card for my specific vehicle.

For the inconvenience, the salesman personally drove the new SD card to my home and installed.

Need advice here.

I bought a brand new Maxima just over 3 weeks ago and after signing the papers and during the walk through of the functions with the salesman, we notice that the SD card where all the navigation and GPS data and radio memory (including Bluetooth settings) are stored on is missing. Salesman said he will order one and it should be in 3-4 days. I say no problem. Note that these SD cards are supposedly programmed for specific cars based on the car's VIN number so he could not pull one from another car from the lot.

So 3-4 days becomes 8 days and I go in after I hear the card is finally in. The salesman puts it in, goes through 45 minutes worth of updates and then we are asked to put in a key code to activate the card. Salesman checks the envelope the card came in, no key. Asks his manager, service managers, mechanics and no one know what that is or how to go about getting one. They tell me I have to come back another day since it was a Saturday and they have to call Nissan's technical support line which is unavailable on the weekends.

I can't go in on weekdays as it is a good drive for me so I make an appointment for following Saturday. I call the day before and ask the Service Manager if they are all cool and that they have the key. He says all is good and they are ready so I go in the next day. He drives the car to the shop in the back where the mechanic who supposedly talked to technical support is at. I wait for 90 minutes and I am told that they could not get the darn thing to work. I found out that they didn't really have the code and they were just trying to hack into it. I am told that they found out that this scenario has never ever happened before anywhere in the world with a 2016 Maxima so no one even at the Nissan engineering and the external navigation company knows how to deal with. Now keep in mind that nothing is broken and all we need is a key code. So the Service Manager tells me that I have to come back during the week so they can get a Nissan engineer on the phone at the same time. I am now fairly pissed off going on three weeks without being able to using my radio unless I want to program it every time I start the engine. I paid over $40K for this brand new car after all and have to do this.

Now here comes the question (finally). I am now told that they need to replace my entire radio which in this car is a good size block of electronics (the GPS, CD Player, the screen, etc.) in the dash. My friends tell me I am crazy if I let them do that to a new car because it will never be the same and it might create rattling noise, etc. I am trying to be positive about it and feel like I should let them replace it and get this over with. So what would you guys do? I am not even sure if I have any other options other than asking for another car by which I will probably get laughed at. Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the long message.[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 23,022 times
I am having this same issue. No one has been able to assist as of yet. Not the dealership, not Nissan Consumer affairs. I bought a used 2016 Maxima from a used car dealer. It did not come with a SD card. Has anyone been able to get one?

Old 02-22-2018, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 19,930 times
Default Missing SD card Nissan Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissanowner View Post
I am having this same issue. No one has been able to assist as of yet. Not the dealership, not Nissan Consumer affairs. I bought a used 2016 Maxima from a used car dealer. It did not come with a SD card. Has anyone been able to get one?
Having the same issue. Any resolutions on this?

Old 02-23-2018, 12:01 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
This is a shame.

First, I think they owe you more than just a replacement, they owe you an upgrade. After all, this is their problem and it is costing you time. But in reality I can't see them actually doing what I think is right.

Second, I agree with your friend, they will be hacking around in there and it will not be as factory designed no matter what. How much does that matter? Probably not too much, yet at the same time, as someone above said,

it will be under warranty and I would make sure the "fix" is well documented and that the dealer understands that if in a few miles - or even hundreds of miles, they will be on the hook for further repair. Otherwise, let them take the car back and give you another - with the proper card.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:41 PM

2 posts, read 25,581 times
I am going through the exact same thing right now with my 2018 Murano. Nobody knows anything. They haven't offered to replace my radio yet. I'm about 2 weeks into my situation. Not happy.

Old 05-23-2019, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 11,719 times
Default Missing MAP SD card on a 2018 Maxima SL

I bought a 2018 Nissan Maxima SL and noticed the Navigation was not working. Bluetooth setting would not save; clock time would revert to PST time every time I started the car. I noticed the SD MAP card was missing. Many features were disabled (SXM, Apple Car play etc.)
I went to the dealer and ordered a “NEW” SD MAP card usingmy VIN number, part number for mine was 25920-9DE0A, and they are differentpart numbers based on MFG date. The list price was $161 but the deal matched my on-line price match $120.00

Follow this procedure with “New” card for your vehicle

* Ignition off – insert new MAP SD Card into theNAV slot
* With parking brake on start the engine
* The update will start you should see something like – “The audio firmware is nowbeing updated
* It will take about 15 minutes to complete ( keepcar running do not turn it off)
* When the update completes you should see: “Update Successful, please restart the system by turning vehicle OFF and then back ON
* Push ignition OFF

Start the engine and let the NAV unit boot

Everything now works ....

Old 05-24-2019, 04:36 AM

2 posts, read 25,581 times
Hi Rey,
It took a month and a half but finally, they ordered me a new SD card that would work with my vehicle according to my vin number. What a nightmare that was. It took literally 2 minutes to upload after 6 weeks, and 4 separate trips to the dealership. (Sighing) Thanks for your comments though. Your experience seems like it was handled swifter than mine but it was the exact same situation. 🙄
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive