Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 11:45 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,131,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
As a smart chick, I will tell you the most really smart chicks don't like people who buy things to impress other people.

I say this as a smart chick who really likes cars, too. Interestingly, as much as I love cars, I really have never cared what the person I'm dating drives.

By the way, most of the cars I have owned and the ones I have now or what you might have considered penismobiles.

This smart chick drives a '17 SL550. Red. Get yourself one of those.

p.s. I also have a 4Runner. We can be twins.
Have you read any of my posts at all? I'm not buying a car to impress chicks. Totally NOT. What is it with people that they don't read the OP's posts and then accuse him of everything?

But I'll accept your smart chick recco for a '17 SL550. Maybe not red. Is that an MB? Oh, Google says yes.

I think you might appreciate my humor on naming the kind of car I don't need! I'm rather proud of inventing the name of the appellation!

I expect women to like me for the man I am, not for the car I drive.

Oh, I forgot, if I married you and bought an SL550, would you change my oil? And if I did get an SL550, what color complements red? I'm thinking maybe silver?

Old 04-30-2017, 12:54 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
... Thank you!
Not into the spoiler if it's just for looks. Now that I've thought about it, more into a 4 door not a 2 door. I didn't know that when I started the topic.
That Hyundai Genesis comes in a 4dr version=http://www.applevalleyhyundai.com/cl...-winchester-va

Old 04-30-2017, 03:25 AM

30,378 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
I'm a man but I admire successful, smart, business women. I've had "chick magnet" cars before like a 'Vette Stingray T-top 350hp 350cid I bought out of college (in my early life). I currently own an old 4Runner low mileage used for camping but I'm getting too old for camping.

I've had a few accidents in the last several years, just regained my "good driver" status and associated insurance. My 4Runner is still in excellent mechanical shape, maybe <40K on the odo, but some body damage and tires are totally ruined, a chip in the windshield (repairable).

I want a nice sleek car that a smart chick would buy--it's smart, business oriented chicks I want to date. I often admire chicks that think with their brain instead of us guys who think with our... well... 'nuff said. I'm looking to impress chicks with my intelligent choice of car, not by buying a phallus on wheels. (Okay the 'Vette was good but I'm retired now, not fresh from college.)

I'm fairly affluent, $30K is not a problem (I'd write a check), might go to vicinity of $40K if it's a smart buy. Considering buying new stock 2016, 2017, or maybe wait until 2018 models come out then either 2017 on sale or 2018 model.

I want all the safety features and convenience features (iPhone integrates with premium sound system), sunroof, good gas mileage, definitely in-dash display w/backup video etc. Integration iPhone to auto's electronics. I think better 6 cyl. because I'd like the kick if I need it, and my 4Runner really kicks (but guzzles gas), but all models of all cars now are more fuel efficient.

I intend to keep the vehicle as I always do: about 10 years. I take care of my cars. I buy seldom, I pay cash, I keep them for a long time.

So 6-cyl, new, sleek, fastback look (DEFINITELY NOT MINI-SUV), safety features, GOOD VISIBILITY from driver's seat (that's my problem with 4Runner, too many blind spots).

Thanks for your replies, I'll fill in more when you give me feedback. Also I am not much in favor of American brands. I lost my faith with my last domestic, my 'Vette. In the end the company let me down, and I've been driving Honda and mostly Toyota since. Had a GMC pick-up I hated, trailer pull vehicle. Not impressed. POS. Should'a had a F-250 then. I have no trailer now, no aspirations to camping or 4x4.

New only, willing to spend $30K maybe up to $40K.
"Smart Chix" give about 5 seconds thought to your car dude Whereas 'smart dudes" spend months watching videos, testing different cars, and endless hours of stressing and discussing with friends before picking out what they like.

I'm guessing a 2 or 3 series Beemer might qualify for you. I would go with a Camaro SS for me.

Old 04-30-2017, 04:31 AM

1,112 posts, read 885,043 times
Smart women like men who can make their own devisions. 😉

Mae

Old 04-30-2017, 06:25 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,138 times
Get a Jeep Cherokee limited v6.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:50 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
I have a suggestion for the OP (not that I expect it will be taken): Although you claim to be a feminist, you continue to base your entire thread on your stereotype of women. Stop it, and stop calling women "chicks".

When it comes down to it, you want a practical car with certain requirements (room for your dog, etc.) and styling that appeals to you. There are plenty of cars on the market that meet those criteria. If you're going to eliminate anything that doesn't meet your idea of sleek and stylish maybe you should start by just looking at pictures online and only pursue the ones that you like the looks of? Then you can go from there to look at reliability, fuel economy, and so forth.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:59 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Have you read any of my posts at all? I'm not buying a car to impress chicks. Totally NOT. What is it with people that they don't read the OP's posts and then accuse him of everything?
Because these are your words and intentions...
Quote:
I'm a man but I admire successful, smart, business women.

I want a nice sleek car that a smart chick would buy--it's smart, business oriented chicks I want to date. I often admire chicks that think with their brain instead of us guys who think with our... well... 'nuff said. I'm looking to impress chicks with my intelligent choice of car, not by buying a phallus on wheels.
Your opening statement-
Quote:
I'm looking to impress chicks with my intelligent choice of car
Still suggesting you aren't trying to impress chicks?

Buy what makes you happy. Not the other way around...

Sleek fast back sedan, I still say the lincoln mkz...
That has everything you're looking for and then some. Heated/Air conditioned seats (just like my 2 trucks) Bluetooth-Fords sync, Navigation, Fuel efficient, LED lights. Voice commands.

ME I'm 29. Its cheaper to insure trucks than muscle cars and some luxury sedans. Otherwise Id have a Hellcat Challenger, or the M3 V8, maybe even the AMG Mercedes. But they Can't tow jetskis, boat, still load a dirt bike or quad in the back, haul engines to/from junkyards for projects, haul plywood/sheetrock.

Crew cab-can seat 5 comfortably. Ever get a visit by the stork-god forbid, can throw car seats in the back... Leather cleans up easy in case the brat(s) spill something. Rear dvd player can entertain them. Air conditioned and heated seats don't live in NY but the heated seats are great after lifting and bending doing pavers/laying sod/throwing logs and brush all day with a sore back. Air conditioned seats make it much more comfortable. Bose=great sound. Sunroof and rear sliding windows are great... Half ton has 4cyl mode runs on E85... Gets good mileage. Goes like a raped ape. The bro dozer is a work truck. I need the clearance for the access road. The factory height would bottom out. I never buy junk. (cloth interior/crank up windows/bare bones for amenities) 10 minutes in the car wash it goes from being filthy covered in dirt/saw dust to looking like a show truck.

Like I said... Alot of my older friends have what they like ranging from T-Buckets and 3 window model As chop top shoe box fords/mercs/fleetlines/belairs, to Novas Chevelles Barracudas Mustangs custom 60s-90s trucks, to modern Mustangs Challengers Camaros. Ya know-toys.

The type of women they date/dated/remarried to, are no different than the women I've dated except for age. They were impressed with the heated/air conditioned seats, touch screens, Sunroofs, leather.
Seeing the "toy" cars, shows you have an appreciation for life and that its not all business and no play.
Maybe a fully loaded "modern muscle car" would give the best of both worlds...
I still don't understand why buy a womans car to impress a woman... That would totally give the wrong impression...

Old 04-30-2017, 08:27 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,542,422 times
My Prius and Leaf impress the "Chix" that I'm most interested in.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:35 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,594,808 times
Quote:

But I'll accept your smart chick recco for a '17 SL550. Maybe not red. Is that an MB? Oh, Google says yes.

I think you might appreciate my humor on naming the kind of car I don't need! I'm rather proud of inventing the name of the appellation!

I expect women to like me for the man I am, not for the car I drive.

Oh, I forgot, if I married you and bought an SL550, would you change my oil? And if I did get an SL550, what color complements red? I'm thinking maybe silver?
They don't even like you for that, but that's a discussion for another time I suppose.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:59 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Have you read any of my posts at all? I'm not buying a car to impress chicks.

I expect women to like me for the man I am, not for the car I drive
Your exact words:

I'm looking to impress chicks with my intelligent choice of car, not by buying a phallus on wheels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive