Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 04:24 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,459,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The automaker sold more than 450,000 of its F-series line — one every 35 seconds — from January through June 2018. That's 4.2 percent more than in the first half of 2004, when it set an annual record of 939,511.

https://www.autonews.com/article/201...espite-hurdles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 05:31 AM

45,572 posts, read 60,857,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
The automaker sold more than 450,000 of its F-series line — one every 35 seconds — from January through June 2018. That's 4.2 percent more than in the first half of 2004, when it set an annual record of 939,511.

Yes. My response was to the poster talking about "millions" of fleet sales every year.

So, Ford sells let's call it a million F series in a year. That's still 1/17 of total US new car sales, call it 5%.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Yes. My response was to the poster talking about "millions" of fleet sales every year.

So, Ford sells let's call it a million F series in a year. That's still 1/17 of total US new car sales, call it 5%.

But it’s still mind blowing at the number of F series being sold, and what gets me is that certain people still don’t believe it.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
But it’s still mind blowing at the number of F series being sold, and what gets me is that certain people still don’t believe it.
I think they believe it. That's what gives them a reason to ***** and complain about small penis compensating, troglodyte, toothless, trailer park dwelling, meth using, inbred, spendthrift, sister ****ing pickup buyers.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
I think they believe it. That's what gives them a reason to ***** and complain about small penis compensating, troglodyte, toothless, trailer park dwelling, meth using, inbred, spendthrift, sister ****ing pickup buyers.
Well what ever works because the F series has been the best selling vehicle in the country of over 40 years outselling everyone else.i know i had 3 F150’s 2 regular and a Fx4 i loved everyone of them and i hauled and towed quite a bit.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:52 AM

686 posts, read 810,770 times
Quote:
Well what ever works because the F series has been the best selling vehicle in the country of over 40 years outselling everyone else.i know i had 3 F150’s 2 regular and a Fx4 i loved everyone of them and i hauled and towed quite a bit.
How’s resell on the f150 with that kind of volume being sold?

Old 01-08-2019, 06:57 AM

6,750 posts, read 4,441,327 times
Quote:

At the Ford plant I worked at in Norfolk Va, thats way quicker than we could make them. If I remember right, one rolled off the end of the assembly line every minute or so. And for every minute one didnt, Ford was losing $15,000. Sometimes there would be a problem, and you would see an empty 4 or 5 truck length space coming, that was a much needed break coming. Usually for a rest, just sit back in the rack behind you that held boxes of parts. Sometimes the problem was, you would look back and see several people working on setting the cab or bed on the chassis and getting bolt holes to line up to start a bolt. See a guy working with a long pry bar. Sometimes things didnt go so smooth. It wasnt so glamorous, there was a huge turnover in employees.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
At the Ford plant I worked at in Norfolk Va, thats way quicker than we could make them. If I remember right, one rolled off the end of the assembly line every minute or so. And for every minute one didnt, Ford was losing $15,000. Sometimes there would be a problem, and you would see an empty 4 or 5 truck length space coming, that was a much needed break coming. Usually for a rest, just sit back in the rack behind you that held boxes of parts. Sometimes the problem was, you would look back and see several people working on setting the cab or bed on the chassis and getting bolt holes to line up to start a bolt. See a guy working with a long pry bar. Sometimes things didnt go so smooth. It wasnt so glamorous, there was a huge turnover in employees.
Believe me i know i worked for Chrysler at their Warren Truck assembly plant in Warren Michigan. This was back in the 80’s back then we were putting out 55 pickups an hour we made the D150, 250, 350, the power wagon for the military painted in camouflage and we made the Ramcharger, the Lill Red Truck and the Warlock so i know all about how a Pickup is made. Then i got laid off and then called back to their Newark Delaware assembly plant were the 4 door and Wagon K-cars were made, they were making 75 an hour you talk about busting your ass to keep up on a front wheel drive vehicle the motor is put in from the bottom instead of dropped in like a RWD body on frame i also worked at the KDX department at Warren Truck were we assembled The frames for the pickups different gauge frames for the 150, 250, and 350 being the thickest we also made The Dully pickups.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:55 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,857,946 times
If your definition of a truck is something with an open payload bed, sure I guess a Ridgeline is a truck. However, as many others have pointed out, it is really just a front wheel drive car with a bed instead of a trunk. If you ever need an actual truck to hauling a load or towing something one day down the road, the Ridgeline is not going to be up for the task. Besides that, it is super ugly and about as dorky as you can get. There is no way I would trade a Tundra for a Ridgeline.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
If your definition of a truck is something with an open payload bed, sure I guess a Ridgeline is a truck. However, as many others have pointed out, it is really just a front wheel drive car with a bed instead of a trunk. If you ever need an actual truck to hauling a load or towing something one day down the road, the Ridgeline is not going to be up for the task. Besides that, it is super ugly and about as dorky as you can get. There is no way I would trade a Tundra for a Ridgeline.
This something I've wondered about with the Ridgeline being FWD. If the bed is loaded does it impact the operation, for lack of a better term, of the transaxle as VW found out with a decrease in traction on the Rabbit pickup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive