Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which car company will go bankrupt (or bailed out) next?
GM 1 2.56%
Ford 2 5.13%
Stellantis 7 17.95%
Tesla 12 30.77%
Toyota 0 0%
Honda 0 0%
Subaru 0 0%
Mazda 1 2.56%
Hyundai / Kia 1 2.56%
VW 0 0%
Daimler / Mercedes 0 0%
BMW 1 2.56%
Volvo / Geely 1 2.56%
Jaguar / Land Rover / Tata Motors 3 7.69%
SAIC 0 0%
BYD 0 0%
Nio 1 2.56%
XPeng 1 2.56%
Rivian 0 0%
Lucid 3 7.69%
Aston Martin 0 0%
Nikola Motors 5 12.82%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 01:34 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,026,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Nobody on here is a automotive expert, you’re only guessing but you have no idea on just how big the Stellantis group is. The CEO of Stellantis is going to revamp the Chrysler brand, they have the knowledge and $$$$ to do so. Just because they gave the Dodge pickup it’s own name it’s still a Dodge. Stellantis Has only been here since January and everyone on here is writing them off already without even seeing what new products they will come up with.
No, I think plenty of people know how big STellantis is, what isn't clear to a few here is that Chrysler is just a division/badge/brand/whatever and not its own standalone company anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2021, 04:14 PM

117 posts, read 76,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
and Renault-Nissan is not on the list.
I think Nissan as well many of the Nissan dealers here have sold out to other dealers throughout the years and I continue to not see an increase of Nissans on the road like I do with some of these other brands. I don't know what Nikola is so voted for that one maybe that one will go bankrupt next then.

Old 03-14-2021, 07:25 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,432,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
I wouldn't expect him to SAY anything different until he's ready to chop it.

But what does Chrysler become?

I expect he would say the same about all of their brands. The list includes
  • Abarth (racing & specialty street performance)
  • Alfa Romeo (premium performance)
  • Chrysler (minivans)
  • Citroën (mainstream sedans for the most part)
  • Dodge (mainstream performance)
  • DS Automobiles (electric - just getting started)
  • Fiat (mainstream)
  • Fiat Professional (light duty commercial + non-commercial trucks)
  • Jeep (offroad & SUVs)
  • Lancia (a minicar is the sole product)
  • Maserati (luxury & sport luxury)
  • Opel (small sedan & light commercial vans)
  • Peugeot (mainstream broad product line)
  • Ram (trucks & commercial)
  • Vauxhall (mainstream sedans & CUVs)
Who knows Stellantis can rebadge a Peugeot or a Opal, or any of their brands they own and call them a Chrysler. Or come up with a complete new vehicle using platforms from other platforms under their umbrella.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:34 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,661,339 times
Here's a visual representation of Stellantis & its brands, listing the number of units sold per brand.

It puts some of the discussion in perspective.

Old 03-26-2021, 05:19 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,959,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newporttom View Post
I picked Nikola. Entire birth of company was fraud based. Now they are trying to salvage things. I think the Fuel Cell thing will fail on Semis. Electric will eat their lunch.
I can’t see a possible future for electric long haul semis. A 500 mile range that requires a new energy intensive “mega charging “ network when frequent fast charging and 100% battery top off is known to degrade battery life, not to mention the faster you charge a battery, the more energy is wasted in the charging process. Batteries are just not scaleable.

Old 03-26-2021, 05:23 PM

I can’t wrap my head around the obsession with the end of Chrysler. It has 1/3rd of the minivan market to itself. It’s doing fine.

Old 03-26-2021, 05:55 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,432,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
I can’t wrap my head around the obsession with the end of Chrysler. It has 1/3rd of the minivan market to itself. It’s doing fine.

I know the new CEO of Stellantis has said Chrysler is not going anywhere why’s it so hard for people to comprehend that.

Old 03-26-2021, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeApelido View Post
Currently Tesla is leading the votes. This just shows you how media has skewed perceptions to that people in this forum have no idea what's going on.

Tesla currently has more than double cash on hand than they do debt, and growing 50% a year. They are far, far, from bankruptcy. Do you really think a top 10 most valued company in the world is the most likely to go bankrupt?
Being “most valued” alone is fairly meaningless unless they have something to show for it.
Profit last year was only $730 million and most of that was from shrinking regulatory credits.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune...elon-musk/amp/
Compare that to say $18 Billion for Toyota

Other rough waters ahead for Tesla is it’s dropping sales in Europe as competition heats up https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...s-in-2020/amp/

Tesla may come out ahead for the short term in China, but as we all know, the Chinese don’t ever let you play in their ball field unless they think they can get your IP and make clones as competition.

The media has skewed perceptions, but in the opposite way of what you’re thinking.

Old 03-26-2021, 07:38 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,057,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Agreed, Fiat, Chrysler and Dodge aren't doing much for US sales - I think all have had declining volumes in the US for the past few years at least. Plymouth was already killed off years back. I think Jeep and Ram are doing pretty well here though.

When FIAT bought Chrysler, the CEO stated that the ONLY part worth buying was the RAM truck division.

That said, I don't think if I would buy a FIAT truck. My last two trucks were RAM's by the way.

But hey, back on topic. GM I have lost count HOW MANY TIMES the US government has bailed them out!!! Horrible vehicles, horrible management that is still around due to the US taxpayer.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:55 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,852,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
When FIAT bought Chrysler, the CEO stated that the ONLY part worth buying was the RAM truck division.

That said, I don't think if I would buy a FIAT truck. My last two trucks were RAM's by the way.

But hey, back on topic. GM I have lost count HOW MANY TIMES the US government has bailed them out!!! Horrible vehicles, horrible management that is still around due to the US taxpayer.
That could explain their demise; everyone else in the world recognized Jeep as a cash cow. How do you think he missed that? Or did you miss something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive