Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2023, 07:59 PM

35,248 posts, read 17,133,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I’m not sure what to say.

I haven’t lived in California since 2005, and I’ve never lived in NJ (nor would I want to). So I don’t have a dog directly in the fight.

But c’mon guys. Let buyers decide. Please. It’s bad enough that federal regs have kinda ruined cars. Nobody else needs to step in and dictate that certain energy sources are persona non grata.

Is there at least an option to buy something out of state, new, and register it? At least NJ is small, so nobody would have to go that far.
If you are now in WNY you very much have a dog in this hunt. NY follows CARB standards. We're going over the cliff unless, as I expect, the Feds pull the plug on this mad experiment.

Old 03-06-2023, 08:15 PM

8,543 posts, read 4,785,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
If you are now in WNY you very much have a dog in this hunt. NY follows CARB standards. We're going over the cliff unless, as I expect, the Feds pull the plug on this mad experiment.
I still don’t for a while as my “thing” now is cheap beaters which I would never buy up here where they pour salt on the roads anyway. But dang. I don’t know where folks get off on this kind of thing. It really should be up to the people who have to use the cars as to what they decide to get.

Old 03-07-2023, 05:25 AM

6,500 posts, read 3,185,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
.....It really should be up to the people who have to use the cars as to what they decide to get.
I agree. However, if you look at the situation, realistically, in order for EVs to become a viable alternative, the electrical grid needs a major overhaul. And in order to justify this sort of expensive upgrade, the sustained needs for electricity need to be there, so unless everyone is driving an EV the need isn't there. And since the "green weenies" are hell-bent on EVs, and the infrastructure it will need, they'll legislate the general public into EVs, whether we like/want it or not.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive